LiveFight
October 17, 2017, 06:40:40 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mitchell Witherspoon spoiler  (Read 1490 times)
V.I.P
Executive Member

Team Sevens

« on: April 29, 2012, 06:46:57 PM »

Wanted a thread just about Seth 'Mayhem' Mitchell but not sure who has seen last nights fight

Cracking little fight whilst it lasted last

Tagged early in round 1 but very impressive comeback and decent power, Americans seem to be pinning their hopes on him being the next great Heavyweight

Needs more experience definitely, I'd actually like to see him with Haye but he has more to offer than most of the tomato cans fed to the over the last few years that's for sure

Seth Mitchell vs Chazz Witherspoon

LiveFight
« on: April 29, 2012, 06:46:57 PM »

The_Answer
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 07:45:08 PM »

Wanted a thread just about Seth 'Mayhem' Mitchell but not sure who has seen last nights fight

Tagged early in round 1 but very impressive comeback and decent power, Americans seem to be pinning their hopes on him being the next great Heavyweight

Needs more experience definitely, I'd actually like to see him with Haye but he has more to offer than most of the tomato cans fed to the over the last few years that's for sure

Seth Mitchell vs Chazz Witherspoon

I rated him myself until last night...

He looked gone in that first round and Witherspoon is quite user friendly in terms of power. Someone like Thompson or Arreola could cause him big problems.

But you are right American heavyweight boxing is resting on him and Deontay Wilder at the moment entirely as hope for the future.

Skav
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 08:30:19 PM »

Wanted to see this so cheers for that, 7777.

Seth seems to have a Kirkland/Lacy thing going on. He looked to be asleep in the first 2 rounds until he began to wake up. Any fighter that he's matched with that isn't especially skilful would make for a great fight but I see him outboxed by anybody who has a bit of a pure boxer in them.

stephen thompson
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 02:59:37 AM »

I have to agree with the HBO team. That was some pretty nice refereeing.

Happy Holidays is what the terrorists say so.....merry Christmas one and all

JOHNJE123
V.I.P

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 11:59:17 AM »

Seth needs to concentrate on fighting top 15 guys for 2 more years to get used to being hit.

He didn't panic though, remembered to work the body and didn't rush the finish. Lots of positives and plenty of time.
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 11:59:17 AM »

mooreman
Executive Member

The Sandman

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 12:17:11 PM »

I was impressed with how he reacted. Witherspoon is decent.

He came through like a champ should.

Still early days though.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 01:08:17 PM »

It was impressive how an inexperienced heavyweight put so much stock in body punching, which is something heavyweight tend to ignore. That paved the way for left hook upstairs. Clearly Mitchell is a fighter that listens to his team and tries to implement the tactics. That'll stand him in good stead.

Obviously not so good that he got hurt in the first round, but in boxing you're only ever one well placed punch from defeat, particularly with the heavyweights. He regrouped well though and did a job.

Whatever the future holds, that was a good heavyweight scrap and can't ask for more than that.
mooreman
Executive Member

The Sandman

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 01:25:18 PM »

It was impressive how an inexperienced heavyweight put so much stock in body punching, which is something heavyweight tend to ignore. That paved the way for left hook upstairs. Clearly Mitchell is a fighter that listens to his team and tries to implement the tactics. That'll stand him in good stead.

Obviously not so good that he got hurt in the first round, but in boxing you're only ever one well placed punch from defeat, particularly with the heavyweights. He regrouped well though and did a job.

Whatever the future holds, that was a good heavyweight scrap and can't ask for more than that.

He would have had the obedience drilled into him playing College Football, where you 100% do exactly as your told.

People put too much stock in kfighters being hurt and writing them off. I like to look at a situation like that as a lad making a mistake, being good enough to get away with it and remembering under pressure exactly what to do. I was impressed.

You get nothing out of knocking out walking Corpses, Witherspoon could fight in fairness.

Depending on how Arreola goes, Him and Mitchell would be a cracker in a year or so.
dallykint
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 02:53:38 PM »

I dont think he's ever going to amount to anything beyond a fringe contender type but he's definitely fun to watch
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: