LiveFight
December 18, 2017, 10:24:16 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rogan and Sexton Set For Re-match  (Read 7058 times)
Brick Top
V.I.P
Executive Member

« on: June 11, 2009, 08:12:11 PM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/8095364.stm

Martin Rogan looks set for a re-match with Commonwealth heavyweight champion Sam Sexton in Belfast in September.

Sexton clinched the Commonwealth belt by beating Rogan last month after a doctor ruled that the Belfast man was unfit to continue in the eighth round.

Rogan had Sexton in trouble on several occasions prior to the stoppage.

The Belfast fighter's trainer John Breen says contracts have been drawn up for a fight and that a bout is on the cards for the Odyssey Arena.

BBC Sport understands that mooted dates are Friday 11 September and Saturday 19 September.

In the May bout, Rogan, 38, had the 25-year-old Sexton out on his feet in round eight but hesitated to go in for the kill.

Sexton had a further opportunity to recover when he lost his gumshield and as soon as the fight restarted the doctor ruled that Rogan, whose left eye had almost completely closed, was unfit to continue.

After suffering his first defeat in 13 professional fights, Rogan was highly critical of referee Dave Parris' performance.

Rogan won the Commonwealth belt with a thrilling 11th-round stoppage of Matt Skelton in February.

Common sense has prevailed, hopefully Martin wont let him off the hook this time.
LiveFight
« on: June 11, 2009, 08:12:11 PM »

Tito
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 08:19:05 PM »

Sexton was a bit cagey about rematching him when he was on Bunce's show a few weeks ago. Frank as done the right thing getting this fight on again as Martin deserved another chance.

harty
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 08:29:37 PM »

i think rogan will learn from last time and finish the job.

flowers of manchester
MadMariner
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 09:12:25 PM »

Great news  was gutted for Rogan last time out.
This time he can't let him of the hook.
RAZZ-MCFC
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 10:38:45 PM »

great news, i was devastated for Rogan last time and i reckon he'll do the business this time around, hope this fight comes off
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 10:38:45 PM »

Hitman
Executive Member

#everythingforareason

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 10:40:26 PM »

I hope Rogan sparks him out this time

Watch for Sexton to target Rogans eye again.

deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 12:08:44 AM »

Did anyone else think that Roogan looked bad in the first fight, the eye aside. I know that Sam boxed quite well and made a show of Martin at times but Rogan just looked gased out early. He couldn't sustain any of his attacks and let im off the hook a few times. He himself, usually rock chinned was uncharacteristically, stumbled a couple of times.
Hitman
Executive Member

#everythingforareason

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 12:10:13 AM »

Did anyone else think that Roogan looked bad in the first fight, the eye aside. I know that Sam boxed quite well and made a show of Martin at times but Rogan just looked gased out early. He couldn't sustain any of his attacks and let im off the hook a few times. He himself, usually rock chinned was uncharacteristically, stumbled a couple of times.

He is only a Taxi driver !!

Grin

deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 12:17:16 AM »

Grin
I bet you wouldn't get out of his taxi without tipping him though!!  Grin

He's a 39 year old taxi driver that's shamed half of the top British heayweights within a handful of fights.
Che Guevara
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2009, 12:24:08 AM »

id tend to agree with you deck rogan definatly looked out of sorts, he was badly rocked at least 2-3times and seemed to completly run out of steam half way thru every round from the 3rd on....having said all that he had the fight won but wouldnt finish him Angry
dave j

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2009, 02:26:26 PM »

he had been in two great fights previous to that in such a short amount of time,obviously this had an effect on the bloke,,i feel with a good traing camp he'll blow sexton away,,,i thought the eye was a result of the head,,i could be wrong,,,fairplay to rogan though,,defo gives value for money Smiley
Tito
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2009, 03:36:13 PM »

Grin

The Great JCC built his legacy on fighting Taxi drivers..no problem with that at all... Grin

jonjoe
V.I.P

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2009, 03:30:50 PM »

Delighted with this. Odyssey, here i come again Grin

Rogan needs to learn to close down the ring a little better in this one without being tied up methinks. Which im sure will be done in a good camp.
Hitman
Executive Member

#everythingforareason

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2009, 06:02:14 PM »

The Great JCC built his legacy on fighting Taxi drivers..no problem with that at all... Grin

Stop stealing Greg Haugen's Jokes

He has that line copywrited  Grin

dunne_and_dusted

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2009, 06:33:44 PM »

rematch is well deserved especially after the unsatisfactory ending

anyone else p'd of by dave parris rogan had sexton staggering all over the place and sexton then spits his gum shield out and then he has the cheek to get the doctor to check rogan when he had sexton hurt.

i think rogan will be motivated and stop rogan mid to late rounds
LiveFight

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: