LiveFight
October 17, 2017, 06:42:47 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Khan Garcia  (Read 3755 times)
V.I.P
Executive Member

Team Sevens

« on: May 23, 2012, 06:39:09 AM »

July 14th - thoughts? Haven't seen much of Garcia I will be honest, anyone know much about him?
LiveFight
« on: May 23, 2012, 06:39:09 AM »

presa
Executive Member

Hardookan!

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 07:23:31 AM »

hes decent enough to beat morales.. to beat khan? hmm not so sure, stylewise i think hes made for khan. I could be wrong.

he is like a better version of maidana.

'contendunt ad optimum'
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 08:14:06 AM »

I remember seeing him beat Kendall Holt on the undercard of the first Hopkins v Dawson fight.  I didn't see anything especially impressive about him even though GB seem to have been really talking him up. 

I think Khan will have too much for him.  Garcia has had a pretty easy ride of things so far against guys on the slide.  I can't see him being able to deal with Khan's speed or movement.
presa
Executive Member

Hardookan!

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 08:21:55 AM »

Amir Khan to fight Danny Garcia in Las Vegas on 14 July

Amir Khan says he will fight WBC light-welterweight champion Danny Garcia in Las Vegas on 14 July.
Khan, 25, was originally scheduled to face Lamont Peterson earlier this month in a rematch for the WBA and IBF light-welterweight titles.

However, that bout was cancelled after the latter tested positive for elevated testosterone levels.
That left Khan looking for another opponent and he tweeted:  "May the best man win on 14 July. Khan vs Garcia."

He recently secured the vacant WBC light-welterweight title with victory by a unanimous decision over Mexican legend Erik Morales,  who had been stripped of the belt for failing to make the weight.
It is not yet clear what titles, if any, will be at stake between Garcia and Khan.

Khan's promoters, Golden Boy, is trying to have the result of the Peterson-Khan fight from December overturned to a no decision and the WBA and IBF belts returned to Khan.

However Garcia tweeted on 19 May:  "If he [Khan] doesn't get his belts back, we can't fight. A unification bout is the only fight that can not let me fight my mandatory."

Garcia is due for a mandatory defence against Ajose Olusegun but, should Khan be given one or both belts back, the WBC would sanction Garcia-Khan because unification bouts take precedence over mandatory fights.

'contendunt ad optimum'
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 08:37:01 AM »

Got to feel for Olusegun if this fight gets sanctioned.  It feels like he's been WBC #1 since I was at Junior School.  There doesn't seem to be any point to the WBC having a ranking system when the belt has been passed around everywhere and anywhere but Ajose still hasn't been granted the opportunity to fight for it.
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 08:37:01 AM »

Socrates
V.I.P
Executive Member

Happy Valenbirthiversary

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 11:05:31 AM »

Don't worry, I'm sure Khan will fight him next  Roll Eyes

If you love something set it free. Unless it's a tiger.
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 11:16:34 AM »

Beating old man Erik does not give you much of a clue as to how good someone is really, if khan looses he should pack in.

Team Groves
Fightin Irish
Executive Member

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 12:32:54 PM »

Probably not too much available to Khan at short notice, he should handle Garcia, but neither of em have wins over any elite fighters so probably aint that much between them on paper anyway, so it'll sell a few tickets over there!
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 12:58:26 PM »

WBC have morals only when it suits them then...
Fightin Irish
Executive Member

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2012, 01:33:56 PM »

Suailaman makes W***** look like a buddhist monk!
Che Guevara
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2012, 01:46:20 PM »

Surely maidana was a viable option for khan??
Fightin Irish
Executive Member

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2012, 01:48:15 PM »

Maidana said he wouldnt be ready til Sept, if I remember corectly!
stephen thompson
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2012, 02:00:29 PM »

I feel Garcia has a good shot if he pressures khan. He has decent enough pop to trouble him and move him back but Garcia likes to be a bit of a counter puncher. He is quite quick but I don't think he is quick enough to fight that style against Khan.

The lad is a great lad. Is always at small local Philly shows. Very approachable and one of the good guys. Hope he can pull this off.

Golden boy were really pushing him early on but his stock dropped somewhat when they continually put him on the Spanish channel for his fights. His career kind of slowed then. He was also a ring magazine one to watch at 7-0.

He is definitely capable of beating Khan and this should make for a decent scrap.

Happy Holidays is what the terrorists say so.....merry Christmas one and all

Socrates
V.I.P
Executive Member

Happy Valenbirthiversary

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2012, 05:04:15 PM »

Surely maidana was a viable option for khan??

Yeah, he's on a real roll isn't he.

If you love something set it free. Unless it's a tiger.
The_Answer
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2012, 07:43:31 PM »

Pleasantly surprised by this one... good fight.

Despite Morales age he still had an iron chin and Garcia had him over legitimately. I'm surprised with Goldenboy on this Garcia is a risk as no one knows how much he's worth yet and he's got more then enough power to have Khan in deep water. If Khan loses this it's Oisin Fagan in some hall in Bolton i'm afraid..

LiveFight

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: