LiveFight
October 23, 2017, 03:07:05 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Khan Garcia  (Read 3770 times)
stephen thompson
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2012, 08:11:56 PM »

The more I think about it the more I think I'm going to put some decent wedge on Garcia.

Happy Holidays is what the terrorists say so.....merry Christmas one and all

LiveFight
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2012, 08:11:56 PM »

wbamitch

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2012, 09:30:28 PM »

Interesting fight. Until the knockdown against Morales i thought Garcia was struggling and maybe someone with more stamina like Khan could have got the job done. That is the only fight i have seen Garcia in so looking at that im quietly confident Khan will be able at least win relatively comfortable on the scorecards.
Maybe if Garcia catches him with a shot like he caught Morales then that's his chance but i would expect Khan to be active enough to avoid that.

mooreman
Executive Member

The Sandman

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2012, 01:23:18 PM »

If Garcia and Peterson were to fight then I reckon Garcia would win. This wont be easy for Khan, Garcia can punch a bit but can also box. I dont think Khan will be done any favours in this either. I reckon Goldenboy are hedging there bets somewhat here, two big investments who are vunerable. One can make the other bigger by giving up their scalp.

If Garcia can take Khan out, he will become a star in the US and a HBO favourite. I think thats the prefered result for the promoters.

Good fight, and kudos for Khan for taking it on when he could have got away with a shit opponent.
cocksuckinknowitall
Executive Member

Prediction fail extraordinaire

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2012, 03:23:14 PM »

Got to feel for Olusegun if this fight gets sanctioned.  It feels like he's been WBC #1 since I was at Junior School.  There doesn't seem to be any point to the WBC having a ranking system when the belt has been passed around everywhere and anywhere but Ajose still hasn't been granted the opportunity to fight for it.

Are we referring to the same guy?

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=46606&cat=boxer

How can that kinda record be the #1 contender for so long?  I mean, he's not really beaten anybody notable.  Colin Lynes?  Or his latest victory, a guy who himself has not fought anybody other than bums?

Why are either of these guys ranked in the top 50, let alonne the mandatory contender.

Undefeated means nothing if you've not fought a decent opponent.

"I think you will find haye made that face." ~ jimjack
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2012, 03:39:29 PM »

Are we referring to the same guy?

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=46606&cat=boxer

How can that kinda record be the #1 contender for so long?  I mean, he's not really beaten anybody notable.  Colin Lynes?  Or his latest victory, a guy who himself has not fought anybody other than bums?

Why are either of these guys ranked in the top 50, let alonne the mandatory contender.

Undefeated means nothing if you've not fought a decent opponent.

I wasn't making the point that he'd beaten everyone but was being denied a title shot.  If the WBC didn't think the guys he'd been fighting cut the mustard they should have demoted him from the #1 position.  But they didn't and have kept him there for an age, paying sanctioning fees, and denying the shot that, according to their rankings, he deserves.
LiveFight
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2012, 03:39:29 PM »

cocksuckinknowitall
Executive Member

Prediction fail extraordinaire

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2012, 03:42:29 PM »

I wasn't making the point that he'd beaten everyone but was being denied a title shot.  If the WBC didn't think the guys he'd been fighting cut the mustard they should have demoted him from the #1 position.  But they didn't and have kept him there for an age, paying sanctioning fees, and denying the shot that, according to their rankings, he deserves.

You're missing the point.  These orgnanizations are bullshit.  Oleguson has no business being a mandatory, yet the WBC are putting him there whilst extracting money from him.  It's all a joke, and the joke is on the fans.

"I think you will find haye made that face." ~ jimjack
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2012, 03:50:35 PM »

You're missing the point.  These orgnanizations are bullshit.  Oleguson has no business being a mandatory, yet the WBC are putting him there whilst extracting money from him.  It's all a joke, and the joke is on the fans.

I well know they are BS.  I think the fact that the WBO promoted a dead guy 2 places up their rankings shows that!  He doesn't have a great claim to the spot but the WBC put him there so should act accordingly.  But they don't as they are a joke.
ScottMillwall
V.I.P
Executive Member

El Chocolatito

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2012, 03:51:46 PM »

I well know they are BS.  I think the fact that the WBO promoted a dead guy 2 places up their rankings shows that!  He doesn't have a great claim to the spot but the WBC put him there so should act accordingly.  But they don't as they are a joke.

Ha ha, who was that, mate?!
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2012, 03:54:43 PM »

Ha ha, who was that, mate?!

A guy called Darrin Morris.  I think they moved him up twice after he had died!
ScottMillwall
V.I.P
Executive Member

El Chocolatito

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2012, 04:02:12 PM »

A guy called Darrin Morris.  I think they moved him up twice after he had died!

Bloody hell, don't know whether to laugh or cry! Cheers, mate.
Bolton Dave
Executive Member

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2012, 07:38:47 AM »

I would normally have Khan to win this fight quite handily on points but it appears Khan is already looking past this fight and moving on to bigger and better things.

History has taught us this is a very dangerous thing for Khan to do - might be a very interesting night ahead

Bored of boxing - need some fights to excite me again
LiveFight

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: