LiveFight
October 20, 2017, 08:31:32 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natasha Jonas' June Diary  (Read 321 times)
JOHNJE123
V.I.P

« on: June 26, 2012, 06:00:43 PM »

Five weeks and counting until Livefight's very own Olympian steps into the ring.

@TashaJonas

The Games are only about a month away now but training’s been the same really. The only real difference is that we’ve got Brazil coming over to train with us at the end of July. We’re not leaving the country for any more training camps.

We’re still training as a squad so the people that didn’t qualify are still here. The only thing that they don’t do is the strength and conditioning work that we do. That has been ramped up a bit for us now. This is the stage of training where they ‘load’ us and it’s exactly the same as they would do if we were going to any competition. ‘Loading’ basically involves doing more circuits, lifting heavier weights and doing more rep’s to be honest.

The only competitor that’s been added to my weight class since I qualified is Queen Underwood from the USA. I think there may possibly still be Asia and Europe left to be added. Callum Smith had some disappointing news this week when the Olympic invitational place went to the Montenegrin boxer that he beat 18-8 in April. I think Callum was a victim of the team’s success. If we’d only qualified two people then he would have probably gotten in. Because we’ve qualified ten, they’ve probably decided they don’t need another British boxer and have given it to somebody else. I know that if I’m gonna be an Olympic champion, I want to have beaten the best boxers in the world, no matter where they’re from. The way it’s working out sometimes, that isn’t necessarily the case.

There’s a bit of confusion about whether we’ll be going to the opening ceremony. Our coaches have said that if we’re boxing the next day then we won’t be. I know Luke Campbell is so he won’t be going. I’ve also heard that it’s only gonna be representatives from each sport going so I’m still unsure. I’d like to be a part of it, if I’m going to the Olympics then I wanna be there! When we got our official letter telling us that we were part of Team GB, I started to think “Oh my God, I’m going” but until I’m stood next to someone like Usain Bolt, I don’t think it’ll really hit me that I’m really there. Last week we went to pick our kit up. It was like shopping for three hours and I’m really not a shopper! We got thee suitcase type bags full and there’s more to come I think. We’ve done well!

Loads of my family have started getting itchy feet about it and have said “I’m gonna come!” and they’ve all managed to get tickets. It’s gonna be different to have ten thousand people cheering for me and I think they’re all gonna be my family! I can’t wait. I really can’t wait.

Until next time!

Tasha
LiveFight
« on: June 26, 2012, 06:00:43 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: