LiveFight
October 17, 2017, 06:24:24 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tonight  (Read 15277 times)
grizzlyadams
V.I.P
Executive Member

#TeamFlash

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2012, 08:23:31 AM »

What a great fight simpson-appleby. Im a big fan of john's and im so chuffed for him. Had me panicking in the penultimate round though, where did appleby find that? Lots of heart from paul but he just gets hit so much. When i watch him (and sam webb is another one) I can't help but see them as at being so at risk.

Harrison looked strong but that young lad was pitched in deep.

justicia...
LiveFight
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2012, 08:23:31 AM »

deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2012, 09:30:16 AM »

What a great fight simpson-appleby. Im a big fan of john's and im so chuffed for him. Had me panicking in the penultimate round though, where did appleby find that? Lots of heart from paul but he just gets hit so much. When i watch him (and sam webb is another one) I can't help but see them as at being so at risk.

Harrison looked strong but that young lad was pitched in deep.

Yeah it was man against boy in the ring, regardless of how long Harrison had been out of the ring.
ralph cifaretto

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2012, 11:09:45 AM »

If ever there was a guy I'd say was destined to fail a drugs test, it just seems like a natural part of his decline.

+1.

Didn't want to say it but definitely thought it.

Can't talk with any accuracy on the matter but it would seem there's nothing in Scott's background that would stop him from taking them. It's the old 'if everyone else is getting an advantage, why shouldnt i?' reasoning
Terrible
Executive Member

With great power, comes great responsibility

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2012, 02:45:48 PM »

An undefeated boy with nearly a 50% ko ratio, and had just won Hungarys version of prizefighter, were you all expecting a Brandon Rios, and the reason he is so built is because he done time in a spanish jail with nothing better to do than train, he doesnt have the money for a mortgage never mind roids so be serious there. Hed be well tested for illegal supplements.

Perfect opponent choice to come back to. John Murray next, then Matthews, then a hardened yank and finally Brandon Rios please!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 02:47:27 PM by Terrible » Logged
styledoctor
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2012, 03:04:57 PM »

Harrison's been out for SEVEN years! Does anyone seriously think Murray, or Mitchell or Burns or Rees or even Crolla for that matter would not give him an absolute hiding?! I can't believe the lack of perspective on this.. I mean let's actually allow him to prove that he can stay out of trouble for 2 or 3 more fights before he becomes yet another freakshow.

Personally I can't see how he will keep it together long enough for a big fight to materialise. Another implosion is inevitable, it's just 50/50 whether it happens in a boxing ring or not.
LiveFight
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2012, 03:04:57 PM »

cocksuckinknowitall
Executive Member

Prediction fail extraordinaire

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2012, 04:03:32 PM »

Harrison's been out for SEVEN years! Does anyone seriously think Murray, or Mitchell or Burns or Rees or even Crolla for that matter would not give him an absolute hiding?! I can't believe the lack of perspective on this.. I mean let's actually allow him to prove that he can stay out of trouble for 2 or 3 more fights before he becomes yet another freakshow.

Personally I can't see how he will keep it together long enough for a big fight to materialise. Another implosion is inevitable, it's just 50/50 whether it happens in a boxing ring or not.

this.

"I think you will find haye made that face." ~ jimjack
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2012, 04:29:44 PM »

Said this to someone last night the ring rust was fairly clear for all to see any seasoned pro will give him nightmares he will need 3-4 fights before moving up. However like you point out can he stay out of trouble long enough to actually get those fights ?

A Slice of Life
presa
Executive Member

Hardookan!

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2012, 07:03:28 PM »

he looked in great shape last night and i hope he can stay on the right path from here on in.. he has an exciting style and would make for some good fights.

the hype ive ignored until scott can prove he is able to behave himself.

'contendunt ad optimum'
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2012, 09:12:23 PM »

Harrison = beast! Looks so strong at lightweight. Punching like a train!

Against a total novice. Sweating like a sex case.
Terrible
Executive Member

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2012, 10:17:27 PM »

Against a total novice. Sweating like a sex case.

Great input as always by the sites moderator/administrator, what an example to set on the site.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 10:21:39 PM by Terrible » Logged
Alba
Executive Member

"For what is a man,What has he got ?"

@Albagary
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2012, 12:46:34 PM »

a hiding is a bit strong ,i could see him losing but nothing major ... thing is he put he 7 fight novice down 3 timers but he still got up ...plus his timing was a bit off ,butill give him the benefirt of the doubt on that one
presa
Executive Member

Hardookan!

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2012, 01:28:39 PM »

Great input as always by the sites moderator/administrator, what an example to set on the site.

you know what you can do then terrible.

close the door on the way out  Grin

'contendunt ad optimum'
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2012, 05:37:05 PM »

I do try.

Fact is he was naff in his prime, and has dined-out on his 'bad boy' image ever since. I make no apologies for berating a bully, who was beating on a skinny novice.

Nothing new I suppose, seeing as he liked to beat people in Spanish whorehouses in between drink-driving and pissing in the doorways of 24-hr Tesco express.

Put him in with a Rios, gamboa or a Broner, see how clever he is then. He certainly be on a liquid diet afterwards, that's for sure. They'd beat the piss out of him.

Wink
Terrible
Executive Member

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2012, 06:28:13 PM »

you know what you can do then terrible.

close the door on the way out  Grin

Its a thought Topcat,

People on other forums knowledge and thoughts on boxing cant be as bad as on here,

If you make a valid point on here theres always 2 or 3 idiots who will rubbish it or disagree and how do you get a point across in that environment? You dont. Which is why I pick my moments, you surprise me though as like myself you should know what its like to be a boxer and have to listen to the opinion of other fat guys who dont have a clue what their talking about. Not everyone ofcourse but about 90%.
presa
Executive Member

Hardookan!

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2012, 06:33:38 PM »

Its a thought Topcat,

People on other forums knowledge and thoughts on boxing cant be as bad as on here,

If you make a valid point on here theres always 2 or 3 idiots who will rubbish it or disagree and how do you get a point across in that environment? You dont. Which is why I pick my moments, you surprise me though as like myself you should know what its like to be a boxer and have to listen to the opinion of other fat guys who dont have a clue what their talking about. Not everyone ofcourse but about 90%.

tbh i do think red made a fairly 'HONEST' opinion on scott.

the guy was a novice, lets not get carried away just yet.. i do find this is one of the most knowledgeable forums by the way the posters are constructive and generally talk sense.

'contendunt ad optimum'
LiveFight

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: