LiveFight
January 19, 2018, 09:54:58 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cotto vs Clottey - Discuss the fight ***SPOILER***  (Read 31708 times)
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #165 on: June 17, 2009, 03:57:22 PM »

He got up and there was F*ck all wrong with him when he decided he could be arsed to fight on, literally seconds after writhing around in agony. His movement was not remotely impaired at any stage after the incident, so I would suggest that he definitely milked it an tried to buy an extra point via deduction. Compared to Cotto having his eye split open after a clash of heads and barely flinching, I would say Clottey tried to abuse the situation for sure, and his antics in the last round were an absolute joke.
Like I said to my mate. Who shot JR?  Grin
LiveFight
« Reply #165 on: June 17, 2009, 03:57:22 PM »

Hitman
Executive Member

#everythingforareason

« Reply #166 on: June 17, 2009, 04:07:02 PM »

I do not think that my claims that he lacks in intelligence and heart were inane

Surely you have to question it when you are the only person on this thread citing those claims?

Haynesey

'Can that man fight.' Larry Merchant

« Reply #167 on: June 17, 2009, 04:15:46 PM »

Surely you have to question it when you are the only person on this thread citing those claims?

My opinions are rarely, if ever, shared by the majority on here, although I feel that there is significant evidence from the Margarito bout to support by claims at the time.
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #168 on: June 17, 2009, 04:19:26 PM »

My opinions are rarely, if ever, shared by the majority on here, although I feel that there is significant evidence from the Margarito bout to support by claims at the time.
What would you have done in his place? Did you think he would have seen the round out? Do you think he would have been badly hurt if he'd gotten up? Was there a point ot carrying on when he was going to take a savage beating?
Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #169 on: June 17, 2009, 04:20:56 PM »

To my recollection Cotto got up both times and was pulled out by his corner in the 11th anyway.
LiveFight
« Reply #169 on: June 17, 2009, 04:20:56 PM »

IrishPaddy
Executive Member

« Reply #170 on: June 20, 2009, 08:28:45 PM »

Well I've just watched the fight again, and have Clottey winning by a point. I admit on the night,when not scoring the fight, it looked like he won by a greater margin. But it was close on the scorecards so it can't be called a robbery. I still think Clottey bossed the fight, and dictated most of it. But there would've been a riot in The Garden if he was awarded it.

Overall, very enjoyable fight.
LiveFight

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: