LiveFight
October 17, 2017, 06:34:01 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Poll
Question: Naz vs JMM
Naz Decision
Naz KO/TKO
JMM Decision
JMM KO/TKO

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Naz vs JMM @126lbs 1998  (Read 6596 times)
Brick Top
V.I.P
Executive Member

« on: June 11, 2009, 08:32:32 PM »

Who wins, and how?
LiveFight
« on: June 11, 2009, 08:32:32 PM »

Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 08:34:29 PM »

Naz avoided JMM for the WBO strap i believe it was.

Nonetheless i believe Naz was better at that moment in time, despite them being the same age or so.
Don't lose your Ed

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 08:47:11 PM »

These guys seem to be polar opposites, with JMM going for all the top guys while Naz went for the money. JMM being a "get the job done" kinda fighter while Naz liked to show off n be flashy (which i have to say i loved).

At this point in time i'd say Naz UD, but i can't really claim to be a big JMM expert in ye' olde days.

"Rape is not funny but rape jokes are"
- Doug Stanhope
mac-rebel021
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 08:47:20 PM »

naz with ingle in his corner i think stops jmm

its not the size of the dog in the fight
its the size of the fight in the dog
Tomatron
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 09:05:58 PM »

Aggree with Red, JMM got better with age, at the time Naseem
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 09:05:58 PM »

Haynesey

'Can that man fight.' Larry Merchant

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 09:15:40 PM »

JMM by decision. Naz was excellent to watch but his flashy unorthodox style would not befuddle a boxer of Marquez's calibre in the same fashion as the lower tier fighters Hamed faced, Juan Manuel soundly outboxes him with classic orthodox skills, doing a similar job to Barrera.
Che Guevara
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 10:53:35 PM »

JMM by decision. Naz was excellent to watch but his flashy unorthodox style would not befuddle a boxer of Marquez's calibre in the same fashion as the lower tier fighters Hamed faced, Juan Manuel soundly outboxes him with classic orthodox skills, doing a similar job to Barrera.

i totally agree with haynesey, all 3 scorecards going to jmm Wink
Gavin
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 10:57:26 PM »

Then, Naz

Hitman
Executive Member

#everythingforareason

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 11:01:33 PM »

I disagree

JMM has gotten a lot better with age. The younger version of Marquez was outboxed by the very ordinary Norwood and the very talented Chris John.

He had never met a fighter with the power nor the unorthadox style that Hamad possesed

Hamed by UD or late stoppage

WelshDevilRob
Executive Member

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 11:04:09 PM »

For me Naz.

I think the last couple of fights for Naz his head was no longer in the game. At his best he would have beaten Barrera. He just wasn't the same fighter when they met.

Does he beat JMM - Yes and comfortably.

I'd have Naz beating Barrera, Morales,Marquez and De La Hoya at Featherweight but he wouldn't beat Azumah Nelson.

David Haye on Klitschko:"All I need is a ring and a ref who can count to ten"
Brick Top
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2009, 11:31:38 PM »

For me Naz.

I think the last couple of fights for Naz his head was no longer in the game. At his best he would have beaten Barrera. He just wasn't the same fighter when they met.

Does he beat JMM - Yes and comfortably.

I'd have Naz beating Barrera, Morales,Marquez and De La Hoya at Featherweight but he wouldn't beat Azumah Nelson.

You rekon Naz woulod have been just as effective at feather then?
DaveAnth

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2009, 11:32:07 PM »

Back in the day Naz for sure
bigbibbs

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2009, 12:54:52 PM »

There is only one question you need to ask!

Why wouldn't Naz fight him?

Answer: He would have gotten himself humiliated big time just like against Barrera!

Naz was good up until a few defences of his WBO title.  After that he struggled with every sound boxer but one.  When he went to the US he fudged his way through and got knocked down by a novice. Overhyped weakminded feeble man who will never be King...and i quite liked watching him in the end LOL.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2009, 01:32:47 PM »

There is only one question you need to ask!

Why wouldn't Naz fight him?

Answer: He would have gotten himself humiliated big time just like against Barrera!

Naz was good up until a few defences of his WBO title.  After that he struggled with every sound boxer but one.  When he went to the US he fudged his way through and got knocked down by a novice. Overhyped weakminded feeble man who will never be King...and i quite liked watching him in the end LOL.

It said in, I think it was Boxing News, the other week that JMM reportedly turned down a fight with Naz when he was mandatory challanger for the WBO title.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is correct given that JMM has been so poorly mismanaged - for example, going to fight Chris John for around 30,000 in Indonesia instead of taking an immediate rematch with Pacquiao.
dave j

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2009, 02:19:09 PM »

naz,,i know it seems like excuses when people say naz lost interest in the sport before the barreara fight,,but i honestly beleive that was the case,,every one around him even the media was saying the same thing,,if you watch the lead up doc to the barrera fight,,emanuel steward is not happy at all with nazs prep before the fight,,i also think naz got it in his head that no matter what happened in a fight he would always pull out that knock out punch,,i take nothin away from barrera though,,his game plan for that fight was brilliant,,,naz obviously thought barrera was gonna  bring the fight to him ultimatelty ending up with naz catching him cold,but as it happened barrera put a counter punching masterclass on
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: