LiveFight
February 17, 2018, 09:19:24 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: who will go to pac man v cotto nov 14th  (Read 12551 times)
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2009, 07:03:05 PM »

When was this discussed, when you were extremely pissed  Grin  I might be on my own here but Mayweather is a bigger draw for me

Em i cant see PBF being discussed??? I thought it was Cotto v Pac and who's going. I was pointing out i might not go as might go to Houston for the other fight in Aug. But if you mean the Topic header then Yes it is by far the bigger draw but ive seen both the Vegas fighters live but not Diaz.and im sure it will be a cheaper option than Vegas. The bigger draw is who you/I would like to see more.. personal preference and all that

Sorry when i said discussed i should of said chatted to some friends not discussed!! And yes i was drunk lol
LiveFight
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2009, 07:03:05 PM »

jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2009, 08:26:19 PM »

Trying to round peeps up for this one as we speak.
Hotdog
Executive Member

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2009, 11:41:34 PM »

Even though he got cut against Clottey, I feel he still made it a bit too hard on himself and there is something that's missing now but I can't put my finger on it.

Even against Jennings he was tagged by unnecessary punches.

Cotto rubs me up the wrong way, anyway, I can't warm to his personality. He's a bit like Steven Segal, in that he ain't got any.

I'm not interested in seeing Cotto.

I think the trouble is before the Margarito fight,  Cotto had a bit of an air of invinsibilty about him, he was touted as the man to topple Mayweather.  As soon as he lost to Antonio,  that little sparkle has gone.  Dont get me wrong he is still a great boxer, but the errors he was making before the Margarito fight were very much being brushed under the carpet as he was winning, now he has lost and his flaws are being highlighted.
Blackhawk
All time Great

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2009, 12:28:43 AM »

I need to see the PACMAN again. This little Filipino impress me.  Wink

Skav
Executive Member

« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2009, 11:32:23 AM »

I think the trouble is before the Margarito fight,  Cotto had a bit of an air of invinsibilty about him, he was touted as the man to topple Mayweather.  As soon as he lost to Antonio,  that little sparkle has gone.  Dont get me wrong he is still a great boxer, but the errors he was making before the Margarito fight were very much being brushed under the carpet as he was winning, now he has lost and his flaws are being highlighted.

I'm not really highlighting any flaws as such but he has definetely lost something in the ring. Something he had before the Margarito fight which I definetely think has took something out of him.

I don't think people were brushing his flaws under the carpet when he was fighting at LWW and he improved dramatically at WW, especially as far as his chin is concerned.

Check out my articles at: http://www.ringnews 24.com (all one word)
LiveFight
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2009, 11:32:23 AM »

AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2009, 01:15:47 PM »

Am starting to play with the idea of going not to sure yet though, you just know the winner will fight Floyd and then i wont be able to afford that.

Team Groves
V.I.P
Executive Member

Team Sevens

« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2009, 01:31:22 PM »

I fancy it defo but I also fancy Floyd v JMM

We shall see
Keegan Jacobs
The Truth
Executive Member

The Truth

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2009, 01:57:15 PM »

I'm not really highlighting any flaws as such but he has definetely lost something in the ring. Something he had before the Margarito fight which I definetely think has took something out of him.

I don't think people were brushing his flaws under the carpet when he was fighting at LWW and he improved dramatically at WW, especially as far as his chin is concerned.

He hasnt lost anything before and after the margarito fight. He's just fighting elites in the division , you dont expect him to knock them out in 5 rounds or less do you?

1. mosley, margarito, clottey ( tough competition ) 

What it comes down to is that you just dont like cottos style and that is perfectly fine because i for one dont like certain boxers just for the hell of it.

Skav
Executive Member

« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2009, 03:39:53 PM »

He hasnt lost anything before and after the margarito fight. He's just fighting elites in the division , you dont expect him to knock them out in 5 rounds or less do you?

1. mosley, margarito, clottey ( tough competition ) 

What it comes down to is that you just dont like cottos style and that is perfectly fine because i for one dont like certain boxers just for the hell of it.

Even though I admit the cut made things worse, Cotto should still have dealt with him easier than he did.

As for your last statement...lol, you are probably right.  Grin

Check out my articles at: http://www.ringnews 24.com (all one word)
IrishPaddy
Executive Member

« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2009, 09:17:44 PM »

Im surprised by the amount of people who want to see it happen in NY. Hotel prices alone will be through the roof in Nov. Vegas would work out alot cheaper for me,considering I wouldnt really gamble. So my choice is Vegas!
WelshDevilRob
Executive Member

« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2009, 09:24:06 PM »

Hi fellas.

How much do these sort of trips cost? Just wondering as never been to a fight stateside.

David Haye on Klitschko:"All I need is a ring and a ref who can count to ten"
Kez89

« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2009, 09:29:58 PM »

Hi fellas.

How much do these sort of trips cost? Just wondering as never been to a fight stateside.

I've never been myself Rob, but each time one comes up i like to price a trip up just too see....

Usually when i price it up anyway with travel, ticket, hotel and spends your probably looking at about 1,500/2,000...

I know many off the Hatton forum go whenever Ricky fights in the states so they will be the best one's to advise you....

Flo
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2009, 09:34:32 PM »

I've never been myself Rob, but each time one comes up i like to price a trip up just too see....

Usually when i price it up anyway with travel, ticket, hotel and spends your probably looking at about 1,500/2,000...

I know many off the Hatton forum go whenever Ricky fights in the states so they will be the best one's to advise you....

Put it this way - do you like shopping at Aldi??!
MadMariner
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2009, 09:37:31 PM »

Hi fellas.

Done 5 fights in Vegas.
Flights indirect cheapest I have paid 320,  average 400.
Hotels vary but decent location not the plushest from $40 per night per room weekdays,  weekends fri/sat same type of hotel $100-$150.
Fight ticket $75 upwards.
Spends  you can eat and drink cheap if you pick the right places,  think $10 for a meal and $1-$2 for a beer.

Its the fooking gambling that kills me  Lips Sealed     
Hitman
Executive Member

#everythingforareason

« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2009, 09:38:08 PM »

Hi fellas.

Fancy a Road Trip Rob?

LiveFight

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: