LiveFight
January 23, 2018, 10:00:10 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Was anyone at the Copperbox show last Sat ?  (Read 1919 times)
Alba
Executive Member

"For what is a man,What has he got ?"

@Albagary
« on: September 24, 2013, 06:22:03 PM »

Anyone?

How Empty was it ? looked empty on the tele?
LiveFight
« on: September 24, 2013, 06:22:03 PM »

jaimie77
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 06:28:12 PM »

Think The Hurricane went ??
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 07:20:01 PM »

I went, it was probably just over half full at its peak time. Seemed to clear out before the main fight I even managed to blah my way to ringside for it. It's a great venue for boxing though, have a really good view even from the very back.... Also they let you take your beer to your seat and can even go out for a smoke  Grin
Alba
Executive Member

"For what is a man,What has he got ?"

@Albagary
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 08:16:59 PM »

I went, it was probably just over half full at its peak time. Seemed to clear out before the main fight I even managed to blah my way to ringside for it. It's a great venue for boxing though, have a really good view even from the very back.... Also they let you take your beer to your seat and can even go out for a smoke  Grin

That will change after a few shows mate, its BBBOC rules for it. Personally it can be nonsense but rules and that.. shame that with a decent line up -BJS/Frankie Gavin and Chisora it wasent a sell otu.
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 08:35:15 PM »

That will change after a few shows mate, its BBBOC rules for it. Personally it can be nonsense but rules and that.. shame that with a decent line up -BJS/Frankie Gavin and Chisora it wasent a sell otu.

An I think George Kean and Frank Buglioni sold nearly 2000 ktz on their own. So imagine the turnout without them.
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 08:35:15 PM »

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 08:17:28 AM »

Yeah, I was there too.  Agree with Driscoll.  I was surprised by the low turnout given it was a decent card with reasonably priced tickets all with a decent view.  Must be a bit of a worry for FW that a big proportion of his stable was on that show in reasonable match ups and it didn't draw.  Didn't help that the main event was scheduled to start after the last tube and DLR left.

Only downside to the Copper Box will be getting a beer and taking a leak if there is a sold out show there.  It was fine on Saturday but the bar area and gents will be tiny for double that number. 
Female Money Mayweather Fan

@Traceyone2one
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 08:38:41 AM »

I think it holds 7,000.

Frank Buglioni always brings a huge fan base with him and they're loud too but create a great atmosphere!

It's a great venue just in an awkward place and like one of you guys said by the time Billy Joe came on the last train had gone and once that happens your up the creek without a paddle unless you go round the houses to get home! You'd think they'd lay on extra trains for an event?!?   Huh?
MFC_SE15
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2013, 09:50:21 AM »

I did plan to go but due to being worried about the show getting pulled/changed I decided I would book in the week leading up to it. Left it too late for mates, so opted not to go. Glad in a way I didn't though as when I saw the times I wouldn't have been able to get home without an expensive cab and I wouldn't have wanted to leave early.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2013, 10:10:51 AM »

I was surprised that the whole thing stayed together as advertised.  Even the guys like Gavin and Chisora who were down to be facing TBA got half decent opponents in Barnes and Gerber.

I seem to remember that the plan was for the Copper Box to host a show every couple of months.  I hope they sort the scheduling out for future events so that people can get back to where they need to.  It also seemed odd to put Walsh v Murray so far down the bill and then have Buglioni and Chudinov so high up.

It's no worse to get to than the likes of the O2 really as it's on the Jubilee and Central Line and DLR.  Although it didn't help that the Central Line was closed this weekend.
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: