LiveFight
October 23, 2017, 04:15:23 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hall vs Butler IBF Bantamweight Title - Media Scores  (Read 1345 times)
fightscorecollector

« on: June 09, 2014, 12:23:45 PM »

Considering how close the fight was, I'm a little surprised with the results for this one. My card read 114-114.

I collected 32 media scores for the boxing news site, how did you score it? I know Dennis Hobson (Halls Promoter) has been saying that he feels his man didn't deserve to lose the title

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/latest/news/the-majority-of-boxing-media-agree-that-paul-butler-deserved-to-beat-stuart-hall

cheers for any comments

http://fightscorecollector.blogspot.com

my boxing blog collecting scores from the best boxing sites
LiveFight
« on: June 09, 2014, 12:23:45 PM »

ScottMillwall
V.I.P
Executive Member

El Chocolatito

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 12:30:37 PM »

I didn't score it, but it appeared that Hall had done enough to at least draw. The last six rounds seemed to be all Hall.
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 12:43:39 PM »

I could see it as a draw or maybe even a point each way to be honest.

fightscorecollector

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 12:54:24 PM »

My card had Butler winning 4 of the first 6. Then Hall winning 4 of the last 6. Hope a rematch happens as it was a very good fight.

http://fightscorecollector.blogspot.com

my boxing blog collecting scores from the best boxing sites
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 01:36:58 PM »

It seems to me a lot of people were convinced that Butler was going to win and gave him the benefit of the doubt whenever a round was even remotely close.  He spent the second half of the fight being ineffective off the back foot and came off second best in the vast majority of exchanges.  Essentially he was gifted the title.  I think he'll have to seriously consider moving back down considering Hall wasn't even one of the big players at the weight.
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 01:36:58 PM »

ScottMillwall
V.I.P
Executive Member

El Chocolatito

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 01:52:57 PM »

I like Barry Jones as a co-commentator but I thought he had a bit of a stinker with that fight. I don’t know if he was toeing the party line or whether he truly believed what he was saying, but he was way too biased towards Butler in my opinion.
I was also thinking whilst watching it, could you imagine what Yamanaka or Chemito would have done to these two?! Neither Butler or Hall would have laid a glove on Chemito.
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2014, 01:55:47 PM »

I was also thinking whilst watching it, could you imagine what Yamanaka or Chemito would have done to these two?! Neither Butler or Hall would have laid a glove on Chemito.

Agree about Shin but not Moreno, who i thought beaten handily wasnt he ?

Perhaps he could be a poss fight.
ScottMillwall
V.I.P
Executive Member

El Chocolatito

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2014, 02:01:21 PM »

Yeah, Mares beat him quite handily. I still think he’d be way too slick for either of these two.

I quite like Butler and I think he has talent but he doesn’t look like a bantam to me.
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2014, 03:03:45 PM »

Yeah, Mares beat him quite handily. I still think he’d be way too slick for either of these two.

I quite like Butler and I think he has talent but he doesn’t look like a bantam to me.

Looks small at the weight definitely.
wbamitch

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2014, 07:06:00 PM »

I Had it 116-114 Butler.

2 or 3 rounds in there that could have gone either way. Hard to argue with a close victory for either. 117-111 was a bit much though!!
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: