LiveFight
October 17, 2017, 07:43:14 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Froch: Groves Can't Cut It At World Level, Why Should I Fight Him Again?  (Read 60399 times)
Brick Top
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2013, 01:27:54 AM »

Where do you find this shit? Dread to think what's on your browsing history  Grin
LiveFight
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2013, 01:27:54 AM »

Scarface
Executive Member

« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2013, 03:18:03 AM »

Hehe - The one in the middle looks like the mouth of impartiality.  Grin

You need people like me ... You need people like me so you can point your fokking finger and say hey, dats the bad guy.
Chris
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2013, 05:34:04 AM »

Groves doesn't belong at world level? Did Carl actually say that? Because last week after the fight he said that Groves showed he belongs at world level. I think it was in the post fight presser..
Tito
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2013, 06:01:10 AM »

Groves doesn't belong at world level? Did Carl actually say that? Because last week after the fight he said that Groves showed he belongs at world level. I think it was in the post fight presser..

To much is being said a lot of it is being said out of context. Froch will take the fights his promoter will decide what is the best option for him. If he refuses to face Groves next he is likely to have fight someone for less money even if its in the US and the fans are less likely to stump up for a PPV with a nobody like JCC Jr and I can't see Golovkin being a option either.
At the end of the day the fans want a rematch and won't tolerate any bullshit he is no big PPV draw like Hatton was and who could get away fighting a nobody like Urango and Collazo and get the fans to stump up for it. The way Matchroom have set up there business model means the big PPV shows they put together have to make money to subsidise the smaller shows they are filling with a massive rota of fighters. That is from Eddie's mouth so no way are they going to bomb a PPV opportunity like a rematch because it will easily do 750k buys or more and that leaves plenty of cash to help pay these Olympians coming along

Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2013, 10:12:37 AM »

Carl the contradiction Froch! Carl doesn't want the rematch i've been saying it since his first comments on the Sunday and Monday after the fight he's coming up with every reason not to take the rematch Groves isn't world level? Why did he put a world champion on his arse and Carl was gone for 2 rounds afterwards aswell he didn't get back into it till round 8.

Give you credit on that one lad you called it from the start looking ever more likely

A Slice of Life
LiveFight
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2013, 10:12:37 AM »

Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2013, 10:34:20 AM »

Just reading through facebook seen this comment from a female friend who watches the big fights

Jist watched frochs interview after his fight ,,, what a fuckin prick

A Slice of Life
Bonters
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2013, 11:06:29 AM »

Just reading through facebook seen this comment from a female friend who watches the big fights

Jist watched frochs interview after his fight ,,, what a fuckin prick

Oh well, that's it then!  If some random bird who watches the big fights says so, it must be right!   Roll Eyes
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2013, 11:10:58 AM »

Oh well, that's it then!  If some random bird who watches the big fights says so, it must be right!   Roll Eyes

Either your being a sarcastic or missing the point the point is the average person casual fan what ever you want to call them the fans Carl worked so hard to win now think he's a twat so I guess if he was going for the tune in and hope to see me get beat image it worked.

A Slice of Life
jaimie77
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2013, 11:14:37 AM »

I can't wait until it moves to a new page, that pic red put up is nasty  Shocked
CelticHiggo
V.I.P
Executive Member

"Its never too late to be what you might have been

« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2013, 11:21:15 AM »

Froch has done himself no favours in the build up and after the fight with Groves.It took him a long time to get fans on his side and to get the recognition he deserves and that could be all for nothing.I dont remember another fighter in the UK have so many fans turn against them in such a short space of time.Its very sad really and it has to effect Froch with the backlash he's getting.

We have a few on this site that will stick by their man no matter how much a prick he has become and thats their business.

Froch has definitely let the fame go to his head in the last couple of years as did Ricky Hatton but the hate towards Carl is unbelievable.He needs to rethink how he goes about things in the next couple of months because the public perception of him now is not good.

I hope he gets the fans back on his side.

"Never argue with an idiot.They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience".
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2013, 11:31:05 AM »

Froch has done himself no favours in the build up and after the fight with Groves.It took him a long time to get fans on his side and to get the recognition he deserves and that could be all for nothing.I dont remember another fighter in the UK have so many fans turn against them in such a short space of time.Its very sad really and it has to effect Froch with the backlash he's getting.

We have a few on this site that will stick by their man no matter how much a prick he has become and thats their business.

Froch has definitely let the fame go to his head in the last couple of years as did Ricky Hatton but the hate towards Carl is unbelievable.He needs to rethink how he goes about things in the next couple of months because the public perception of him now is not good.

I hope he gets the fans back on his side.

Good post. I think the sad thing is and I don't know Carl Froch never met the guy that he's a down to earth sort of lad I don't know if it is fame going to his head self esteem poor media training or a deliberate image change because he surely must know some of the things he's saying will get a reaction.

I seen the thread on the Froch board about him sending twitter followers DM messages no idea if he manages the account himself but stuff like that needs knocked on the head right away.

A Slice of Life
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2013, 12:03:08 PM »

Groves fans:

Froch fans:

GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2013, 12:07:29 PM »

Froch should not have to fight him again had a certain someone done his job properly...

Froch's legacy has been tarnished...by Howard Foster and NO ONE else...

If Froch was on his way to victory the ref should have just let Groves get properly executed...

It was the PERFECT storyline...

1. In Eddie Hearns words, Froch was rendered unconscious by Groves (you can actually see this in the close up fight replay) and was unconscious when he got up...I've NEVER seen a fighter get up from a punch like that...that shot from Groves was in the class of the punch that Hatton took from Manny...

2. Froch took a pasting throughout the fight, taking clean right hand again and again and pushed onto the back foot...

3. Froch gets stronger towards the end of the fight and pulls out the fight saving punch to the top of Groves' head that shook up his equilibrium...

The next steps (for Froch's legacy) should have been...

4. Groves rendered unconscious on the ground and fails to beat the count...

5. Froch takes the acclaim in the greatest ever comeback on British soil...Froch leaves to the adoration of the fans...Groves gets applause for his tremendous courage but Froch is the one who takes the true acclaim...

6. Froch decides to call it a day and this last fight stays in the memories of the fight fans forever...

This has been TARNISHED!!!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 12:09:26 PM by Lemonardo » Logged
jaimie77
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2013, 12:10:06 PM »

Red to be fair not everyone is a groves fan who is out to get Carl, i think you will find a lot of people with no particular alligiance think he is going about things all wrong at the moment. It's a real shame.
CelticHiggo
V.I.P
Executive Member

"Its never too late to be what you might have been

« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2013, 12:14:54 PM »

Im certainly not a Groves fan.

"Never argue with an idiot.They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience".
LiveFight

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 49   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: