LiveFight
October 18, 2017, 03:39:46 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Froch: Groves Can't Cut It At World Level, Why Should I Fight Him Again?  (Read 60452 times)
jaimie77
V.I.P
Executive Member

« on: November 30, 2013, 06:50:50 PM »

'Froch: Groves Can't Cut It At World Level, Why Should I Fight Him Again? I'm Enjoying My Emphatic Win, Now Bring On Ward. He'll Get The Same Treatment As Bute !!

Carl Froch says he does not have to fight George Groves again following the pair's controversial encounter last Saturday in Manchester, England. Froch also says Groves cannot cut it at world level, and he would knock him out properly should they ever meet in the ring again, which Froch states is unlikely.

''As much as the fans want to see a natural conclusion against George Groves, with me knocking him out again, I feel personally I gave him his chance and he blew it - he can't cut it at world leve.'' Froch said - despite the fact Groves was his mandatory challenger and Froch was ordered to face him, and Groves then dominated and outclassed Froch, dropped the veteran and was ahead on all three scorecards when referee Howard Foster controversially stopped the action after Froch had some success in the 9th round and landed a few clean punches.

''I've done my job and it's time to move on. I'm not motivated by money, I'm motivated by securing a legacy. It doesnít do anything for my personal goals. George Groves was on my hitlist and guess what? On my record it says Froch v Groves Ė Froch TKO round 9, thatís what it says and thatís a very satisfying result on my record for the history books. Theyíre the facts. Itís a bitter pill for George Groves to swallow. I took the victory from him by being the warrior and the strong ironman that I am.''

''The bottom line is, he had his chance, he got off to an unbelievable start, the best start ever. He didnít fight a 100 per cent Carl Froch, for reasons Iím not going to divulge. I donít complain about injury, but let me tell you something, I was not 100 per cent. A lot of people in my team know why, my doctor knows why. There were issues going into the fight and George Groves, if he was ever going to beat me, that was the only chance he had to beat me. Thereís no other way Groves can beat me, itís not gonna happen. It would never happen. He got off to the best possible start and he blew it himself. He should have maybe, with hindsight, gone for the finish but I donít think heís got it in him.''

Froch, who still holds the IBF and WBA 'Regular' super middleweight titles, now believes Andre Ward should travel to the UK to fight him in a rematch. Ward, the WBA 'Super' and Ring Magazine super middleweight king, faced Froch in December 2011, and won a one sided unanimous decision as he outclassed Froch despite going into the fight with a broken hand.

''Ideally I'll fight Andre Ward next. Itís only fair for Ward to come over here. In my 34-fight career, thereís only one man I havenít beaten - Andre Ward. Groves put me down and still couldn't beat me, when I came back at him he didn't know what to do. Youíve seen how Groves moved on from that, heís been stopped in round nine, it was just another one of my great performances.''

''If Ward came over to the UK, it would be like when Lucian Bute came out of his country for the first time. You saw what happened to Bute. Lucian Bute came over to the UK, you saw what happened there. If Andre Ward decided to do the same he'll be getting the same treatment.'' Froch said.
LiveFight
« on: November 30, 2013, 06:50:50 PM »

jaimie77
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 06:51:48 PM »

Let the debate begin lol  Grin
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 07:07:27 PM »

Guess ward will prove Carl can't cut it at world level based on his reasoning.

Team Groves
The Flaccid Member
V.I.P

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 07:16:17 PM »

In the words of Froch at the end of the 6th - "F@ck me"

Brick Top
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 07:19:37 PM »

Carl 'the contradiction' Froch. George has obviously rattled is brain around more that originally feared.
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 07:19:37 PM »

V.I.P
Executive Member

Team Sevens

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2013, 07:21:11 PM »

These quotes have been out all week to be honest mate

I'm going to try and be balanced and reasonable without a one-liner....

I've been quiet on this all week, some of the bickering has been worse than my 4 year old's playground!

Said it in a post after the fight but it's shame that some of the posters on here who are (in the main) actually really clued up about boxing can't be balanced enough to see there are two sides to this and Groves / Froch both have a right to feel aggrieved. Nobody got to see the finish they wanted but neither fighter is to blame and I don't think the ref is either and I don't have a lot of time for Howard Foster!

Personally, taking the handshake and verbal stuff out of it, I think it's Froch that has suffered more (controversial I know). He didn't get to rubber stamp the stoppage and it can be argued all day long but it's my opinion that it was on it's way and he was getting well on top of the fight and would have stopped Groves. Opinions are like arseholes though right  Wink

Froch words it terribly and really needs a PR man as he is losing fans left right and centre through not explaining himself properly but I think I reading between the lines, I agree with what Froch is saying about Groves not being at World level...YET.

He has only fought 12 rounds twice. Once against Degale which was controversial and the other against a punching bag in Glencoffe Johnson. Froch and McCracken have both said this week they expected George to start well and gave him props, perhaps not so well as he did but they still gave him props. They also said there are 3 parts to a fight. Split the fight into thirds and anyone can win early (see Prizefighter) as lots of fighters start well or are warmed up / cold. Then the 2nd third and you have someone making their mark on the fight and then the championship rounds.

Here is where I think it's key. Froch took at least 3 rounds to recover from that haymaker of a right hand for the first third of the fight but was still in it. Watch the fight with the sound down because Jim Watt would have you believe Froch did F*ck all and also did all the fouling. The knockdown was Frochs' own fault, left hand down, terrible footwork, square on and boom, Groves studied it and went and executed brilliantly. It's the best I have seen the kid fight and I hope he does sort out any stamina issues as he could be a multiple world champion

Regardless of the posturing, I do think there will be a rematch!!

Lots to take into account for the second fight if it happens and it's all about who can make the adjustments

I'm on the fence, I'd go for a Froch stoppage as I think that was his best chance of the win but if he also makes adjustments, I could also see Groves doing it next time, it really is an intriguing fight

Groves called Froch on his defence and footwork before the fight and in the first round Froch as I've said, he walked right into it, literally. Left hand down, square on whilst punching and got absolutely banjo'd.

I am sure McCracken will have got on that and they will work on it for a rematch but will a leopard change it's spots when the red mist descends etc, is he too old to change that style or will he fight smart like he did against Abraham behind the jab, avoiding that big right hand?

I could see Fitzpatrick telling Groves to go for the kill next time as clearly they stood off this time biding their time which never came again

I don't think Groves will put as much weight on between fights either, Haye said he was up to 14st at one point so if he maintains a decent weight and doesn't have to dry out as much the night before, trains well, he may well have the stamina for 12 rounds and then it's also a completely different fight. He was definitely tiring though, look at the end of the 7th and 8th rounds and he looks like he is ready to go at that point, the fight was taking much more of a physical toll on him than Froch and that's just as they're going into the Championship rounds. I honestly only saw a Froch stoppage at that point and maybe the points Bellew makes are spot in in terms of him coming out of it doing okay and not being the 'nearly man'

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/182179-qaa-tony-bellew-on-stevenson-im-going-to-beat-on-this-midget
Tito
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2013, 07:48:14 PM »

Froch thinks Ward should travel here to face him ......why Ward went from the west coast to the east coast to face Froch and ruined him why would he want to travel here with the poor judging and very questionable decisions for home fighters that would probably go against him. Froch should forget about Ward he is on to a complete loser facing him the money fight is the Groves fight all this talk about fighting in the US don't make anything a rematch would

jaimie77
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2013, 07:52:02 PM »

I still stand by the fact that the rematch won't happen, that Rob Mckracken won't let it happen, i honestly ( unless Carl WAS injured ) can't see how his performance against Groves gives people the confidence he would beat Ward or even Groves again ?

His massive Heart pulled it out the bag last time, but how often can he keep doing that ?? Against Ward especially !!

Even if he were to beat either in his next fight he would ship a hell of a lot of punishment to get the win and does he really need it at this stage of his life ??
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2013, 07:53:45 PM »

Before the hate begins....Froch has cut it at world level so shhhhhhh.

Really cant see Froch being this arrogant after some what of a humbling though. Sometimes these articles just look made up.
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2013, 08:15:54 PM »

You guys can debate amongst yourselves.

It's about as relevant or interesting as Kony 2012

#TKO9

mac-rebel021
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2013, 08:29:07 PM »

The previous legacy building fights will be as relevant as kony2012
If he ducks groves rematch.
#ducker

its not the size of the dog in the fight
its the size of the fight in the dog
jaimie77
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2013, 08:32:52 PM »

#TKO9

What's your thoughts Red ? Honest question.
tomstrong
V.I.P
Executive Member

strong_tea
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2013, 08:39:12 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!! That is all...The guy is a fooking cock.
jaimie77
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2013, 08:40:17 PM »

Good points Bellew makes 777's

RTV: Can I have your thoughts on Carl Froch vs. George Groves

TB:  Iíve known George Groves since the amateurs, and Iíve always been impressed by his boxing ability and punching power. Also, anyone who doubts his bravery need to do some checking. I was in Poland with him (at an amateur tournament) when he fought two rounds with a badly broken jaw, so I know how gutsy George could be. That said I was surprised when he claimed center ring and dictated the range against Carl Froch. When he scored the knockdown in Round 1 it took Carl a few rounds to get over that and it was a great fight. I feel for both of them because Carl was robbed of his moment of glory (due to the early stoppage) but George Groves was stopped too quickly. Still, George may have hit the lottery here. I think he was five or ten seconds away from being knocked out and if that had happened he would have been labelled a front runner for the rest of his career. Now weíve swung around the other way and Carl Froch is the villain of boxing, and George Groves is the darling of the sport. George is also in a powerful position for the rematch, which will be huge. It was an early call by the referee, but I personally donít believe George was going to survive that round. The refereeís decision making reminded me of (Arturo) Gatti vs. (Micky) Ward, when )referee) Frank Cappuccino allowed Gatti to fight on, in Round 9. No other fighter on the planet would have been allowed to take that punishment, but the referee gave Gatti the benefit of the doubt because of his warrior mentality. Thatís what happened on Saturday. If George Groves had been as badly hurt as Carl was in Round 1 then I believe the referee would have stopped the fight, and that means reputation is playing a part in the game, when it shouldnít. Itís wrong that George gets the reputation for being this chinny kid, because heís not a vulnerable fighter. Heís been down a couple of times, and it is what it is, but boxing can be so fickle. In the space of an hour Carl Froch went from hero to villain which is crazy. He did nothing wrong.

tomstrong
V.I.P
Executive Member

strong_tea
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2013, 08:44:21 PM »

#TKO9

Thats about as relevant as Froch!
LiveFight

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 49   Go Up
  Print