LiveFight
October 21, 2017, 08:23:22 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jamie Moore heading up WBC rankings...  (Read 6834 times)
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« on: June 11, 2009, 08:36:54 PM »

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=20376

Jamie Moore has been made the number three ranked contender for the WBC light middleweight title.  Moore, the current European kingpin, has always expressed a desire to fight for the WBC belt, and that dream has come a step closer after this latest rankings boost.

Moore, who is in fine form of late with KO wins over Michel Piccirillo and Roman Dzuman, has overcome defeat, injury, and inactivity to reach the WBC top three, and Jamie has told BoxingScene.com that he only has eyes for the WBC green.

Only Kermit Cintron and Vernon Forrest sit above Moore in the current rankings.  Moore would love to take on Forrest down the line; Jamie feels that Vernon is still the man to beat at the weight.  Should the inactive Forrest not fight title holder Sergio Martinez for Forrest’s former title there is every chance that Moore could be involved in a world title fight before the close of 2009.
LiveFight
« on: June 11, 2009, 08:36:54 PM »

Hitman
Executive Member

#everythingforareason

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 09:58:36 PM »

If any domestic fighter deserves it, its Jamie Moore!

V.I.P
Executive Member

Team Sevens

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 03:14:57 AM »

Well in Jamie lad, let's hope Maloney sorts it out for him
Bolton Dave
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 08:09:29 AM »

Nice to see Jamie working his way up the rankings. He's had some tough luck with injuries in the past but its good to see him finally getting the recognition he deserves

Bored of boxing - need some fights to excite me again
CelticHiggo
V.I.P
Executive Member

"Its never too late to be what you might have been

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 08:14:39 AM »

Id love to see Jamie win a world title.Hopefully he will get his chance soon.

"Never argue with an idiot.They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience".
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 08:14:39 AM »

deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 08:28:39 AM »

I like Jamie. He's an honest, hard working fighter with an educated pressure style and he seems to be going from strength at the moment. However I think he needs to push on now. He may need to fight a couple of fights on undercards in the US  to get a shot. He's not a known name in the US so it could be hard for him to get a shot unless it's a forced mandatory or they believe his record is padded.
Sez
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 08:33:11 AM »

I like Jamie. He's an honest, hard working fighter with an educated pressure style and he seems to be going from strength at the moment. However I think he needs to push on now. He may need to fight a couple of fights on undercards in the US  to get a shot. He's not a known name in the US so it could be hard for him to get a shot unless it's a forced mandatory or they believe his record is padded.

agreed, hopefully he'll start to get the recognition he deserves
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 08:47:16 AM »

agreed, hopefully he'll start to get the recognition he deserves

I think he's deserving of fights now against the contenders at world level. It somewhat ammuses me when people talk about Jamie deserving a title shot and possibly 'finally' getting one. Bar the Macklin fight which was amazing to watch, and the Picirillo(39) and Dzuman(padded record and lost convincingly to anyone decent) fights who has Moore fought to make him a world title contender. That may sound aa litle harsh but it's true. He's not fought his way up to a higher level until very recently and they weren't names to really make anyone take much notice. He is boxing very well but that's more likely to be a deterent for the bigger names to take him on as he's a risk but there would be little reward in beating him, especially financially. He needs to do himself a favour and fight a decent name or two in the US. Fights against Verno Phillips or Spinks would do him a lot of good in terms of marketing and would be another level up.
Lane
V.I.P
Executive Member

I HATE AMIR KHAN

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 11:50:24 AM »

iu think really he should look at fighting an experienced american with a decent record to take him 10 rounds and give him a real battle before he gets in with cintron or forrest

deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2009, 11:54:54 AM »

iu think really he should look at fighting an experienced american with a decent record to take him 10 rounds and give him a real battle before he gets in with cintron or forrest
I agree. He's looked really good against lesser fighters but he could get a bit of a shock at world level if he steps up too quickly.
Lane
V.I.P
Executive Member

I HATE AMIR KHAN

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2009, 12:00:28 PM »

I agree. He's looked really good against lesser fighters but he could get a bit of a shock at world level if he steps up too quickly.
thats what has been happening recently look at witter,enzo mac,rees,khan (to an extent) they come up against a world level fighter and get taught a boxing lesson , thats what ricky did rite fought experienced fighters and earn his chance the right way, i think brititsh fighters should try and model rickys career before the tzu fight because we have potentially some really gd fighters but if they dont get some solid competition they will never be able to cut it out at world level

deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2009, 12:03:02 PM »

thats what has been happening recently look at witter,enzo mac,rees,khan (to an extent) they come up against a world level fighter and get taught a boxing lesson , thats what ricky did rite fought experienced fighters and earn his chance the right way, i think brititsh fighters should try and model rickys career before the tzu fight because we have potentially some really gd fighters but if they dont get some solid competition they will never be able to cut it out at world level
The problem with Ricky was that he spent 2 years too long fighting those sort of opponents.
All Jamie needs is a couple of contender fights like Spinks and Phillips or even Latimore that just beat Spinks.
Lane
V.I.P
Executive Member

I HATE AMIR KHAN

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2009, 12:05:21 PM »

The problem with Ricky was that he spent 2 years too long fighting those sort of opponents.
All Jamie needs is a couple of contender fights like Spinks and Phillips or even Latimore that just beat Spinks.
ye but that was work of W***** wasn't it but i think to properley dominate a division youve gotta fight people who have been around the world level because then you can gauge whether they can hack it , with how moore has been looking i think he definately can

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2009, 12:35:13 PM »

Spot on Deck, I think they are exactly the kind of guys Jamie needs.  Maybe even, going out on a bit of a limb here, Ricardo Mayorga still been mixing in top company although obviously past his best but a win would at least get Jamie's name mentioned in the States.

I think as a model of what happens if you don't take on the fringe contenders before stepping up to World level, Jamie need only look at what happened to Michael Jennings.
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: