LiveFight
May 28, 2018, 05:33:29 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Frank Buglioni describes sparring with Carl Froch and George Groves, and picks  (Read 3252 times)
liamo

« on: March 12, 2014, 06:39:33 PM »

A bit of insight instead of the usual back and forth:

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/latest/feature/frank-buglioni-describes-sparring-with-carl-froch-and-george-groves-and-picks-a-winner
LiveFight
« on: March 12, 2014, 06:39:33 PM »

Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 06:41:24 PM »

Groves mate picks groves. Wow
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 06:53:36 PM »

So he's going for the double then.....wrong last time and wrong again in May!
liamo

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 06:55:57 PM »

Good post Tim, that'll set this thread up run a completely different course to all the rest.

Good man
presa
Executive Member

Hardookan!

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 07:00:56 PM »

Why did you even bother posting liamo? This is a froch forum, how dare you?

'contendunt ad optimum'
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 07:00:56 PM »

Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 07:02:05 PM »

Leading prospect Frank Buglioni says Nathan Cleverly has the edge over Carl Froch when it comes to speed and accuracy.

Talk of a clash between the Welsh WBO light-heavyweight titlist and Froch has intensified since "The Cobra" unified the WBA and IBF super-middleweight crowns by defeating Mikkel Kessler at the O2 Arena in May.

And Buglioni feels he is in a good position to offer a verdict on the potential match-up as he has spent time sparring with both of them.

"I did a good, hard, eight rounds with Nathan at his gym in Wales and it was probably the most beneficial eight rounds of sparring I have done so far in my career," he said.

"I've sparred with Carl Froch before when I was in the GB amateur squad but Nathan was definitely quicker and sharper.

"We went at a fast pace and the odd heavy shot went, but it was great for my confidence building and improving my all round skills.

"In my view he's the best world champion in this country at the moment and that is probably because of the years he spent sparring with a great like Joe Calzaghe and a lot of that has rubbed off on him."

Buglioni will have his ninth professional fight against an as yet to be confirmed opponent at the Wembley Arena on July 20.
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2014, 07:04:18 PM »

He isn't Groves' mate.

Didn't go into it in too much depth but it seemed like an honest opinion.

For what it's worth even though I think Groves has all the tools to win, if I had to part with money to pick a winner my money would go on Froch.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2014, 07:09:57 PM »

Breaking news. Carl Frochs mum picks Froch to beat Groves.

In other news George Groves mum picks Groves for the win.

It's getting tense lads.
liamo

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2014, 07:10:32 PM »

Why did you even bother posting liamo? This is a froch forum, how dare you?

Forum??

Definition:
forum
Line breaks: forum
Pronunciation: /ˈfɔːrəm    /
NOUN (plural forums)

1A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged:
we hope these pages act as a forum for debate

This is not a forum nowadays, it's a "if you dis my favoured fighter I'll go over the same bullshit for hundreds of pages and tens of threads" website.

As you can see I don't post often in comparison to most members of this site, I do however frequent it a lot and read nearly every thread in the world wide section. I have just felt compelled to say something over the last fee days and I know I am naive to think it gets noticed among all the sneering of each other but hey, I feel better!!

Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2014, 07:11:24 PM »

Good post Tim, that'll set this thread up run a completely different course to all the rest.

Good man

This topic didn't even deserve a thread, it goes hand in hand with all the other crap. Waste of Internet.
liamo

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2014, 07:12:40 PM »

This topic didn't even deserve a thread, it goes hand in hand with all the other crap. Waste of Internet.

Irony
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2014, 07:14:48 PM »

Irony

Clownony
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2014, 07:16:41 PM »

Carl sparred Anthony Joshua more than the lads his own size around Team GB and was on orders never to go all guns blazing with any of them.

He'd only really let loose with other pro's whom would nip in and do a bit, not the amateurs.

So Bug is going to give his opinion based on his own experiences.

Naturally the fellow pro's in their own set up will greet someone whom has made a special effort to come spar them, than some "fancy doing a bit" sparring on the fly in a packed Sheffield GB facility.
presa
Executive Member

Hardookan!

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2014, 07:24:55 PM »

Forum??

Definition:
forum
Line breaks: forum
Pronunciation: /ˈfɔːrəm    /
NOUN (plural forums)

1A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged:
we hope these pages act as a forum for debate

This is not a forum nowadays, it's a "if you dis my favoured fighter I'll go over the same bullshit for hundreds of pages and tens of threads" website.

As you can see I don't post often in comparison to most members of this site, I do however frequent it a lot and read nearly every thread in the world wide section. I have just felt compelled to say something over the last fee days and I know I am naive to think it gets noticed among all the sneering of each other but hey, I feel better!!

Grin

'contendunt ad optimum'
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2014, 07:47:21 PM »

LiveFight

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: