LiveFight
August 16, 2018, 06:09:23 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Joe will comeback if the money is right  (Read 9892 times)
Lane
V.I.P
Executive Member

I HATE AMIR KHAN

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2009, 10:56:15 AM »

Is it logistically possible though to stage a fight at the millenium stadium at an ideal time to suit HBO PPV in order to attract enough PPV buys?
defiantely it is late night fight can be done any time of year due to roof being retractable or we need now is a scare welshmen to sign and fight the cobra

LiveFight
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2009, 10:56:15 AM »

Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2009, 10:56:40 AM »

Lets see if Hopkins come on for him  Wink
Brick Top
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2009, 10:58:03 AM »

defiantely it is late night fight can be done any time of year due to roof being retractable or we need now is a scare welshmen to sign and fight the cobra

I mean policing and obtaining the paperwork to stage fights at 4am, plus the issues of public transport
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2009, 11:01:10 AM »

Very true Ian, the solicitors and barristers always get paid. Smiley

Just the way I like it  Smiley
CelticHiggo
V.I.P
Executive Member

"Its never too late to be what you might have been

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2009, 11:04:47 AM »

I hope Calzaghe doesnt fight again but who knows.The longer he leaves it the more chance of an ass whopping he is going to get.If he needs the money he must make a decision very soon.

"Never argue with an idiot.They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience".
LiveFight
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2009, 11:04:47 AM »

Lane
V.I.P
Executive Member

I HATE AMIR KHAN

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2009, 11:09:04 AM »

I mean policing and obtaining the paperwork to stage fights at 4am, plus the issues of public transport
the kessler fight was 2am and i never heard any problems so i think it is possible

Haymaker
V.I.P

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2009, 11:09:32 AM »

I went to an evening with Joe Calzaghe and Sir Henry Cooper last night in Southend and there's no way he's coming back. He's enjoying his retirement and fully deserves it.

“Kill the body and the head will die.” - Joe Frazier
Kez89

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2009, 11:10:41 AM »

I think Joe should stick to his word and stay out of the ring for good now, he has had a great career and there is no need to rist that by coming out of retirement.......

I can see him getting jobs here and there as a pundit, like Froch sometimes does, that way there will still be money coming in, nowhere near as much as if he laced up the gloves again but i'm sure he has made enough to look after himself and his family for the rest of their lives.....

Mastadon

SOUTHERN STORM!

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2009, 11:13:43 AM »

Hope he stays retired coz he's not worth 10 million pounds.No one can pull out that kind of money.Its not like he was the most exciting fighter out there.
Lets not forget how his 2 fights in the US were all Box Office Flops.He only did one PPV against shot to pieces Roy Jones and the PPV figures were awful,so forget about the money.
His hands are messed up and hope he stays retired,enjoys his money and thank his lucky stars that he fought when the 168 class was at its weakest.Right now the Division is hotting up with lots of Talent coming through who can actually Box and punch.
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2009, 11:24:44 AM »

Joe ain't coming back. I think when he retired he meant it. Its just saying that a ridiculous amount of money that nobody could turn down, or probably would offer, may tempt him back
Skav
Executive Member

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2009, 11:36:34 AM »

I'm getting a Calzaghe signed glove from someone in the know and the gloves are being signed by him at his own house for a charge so he's always making money just by signing memorabilia.

I don't think he will be coming back.

Check out my articles at: http://www.ringnews 24.com (all one word)
Sez
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2009, 11:58:23 AM »

He wont be back... its just one of those throw away comments i think
Brick Top
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2009, 01:01:37 PM »

the kessler fight was 2am and i never heard any problems so i think it is possible

to meet prime time PPV figures though it would have to be about 4am over here mate
Bolton Dave
Executive Member

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2009, 01:11:01 PM »

Calzaghe has won his £1.8m legal battle with W***** - will put a link up in a min

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009/jun/17/joe-calzaghe-frank-W*****-court

Judges today refused permission for Sports Network Ltd, the company founded by boxing promoter Frank W*****, to appeal a High Court ruling that it must pay undefeated world super-middleweight champion Joe Calzaghe around £1.8m.

Calzaghe, who retired from the ring in February, claimed W***** owed him the money in fees for his contest with Bernard Hopkins last year. W***** denied the allegation, claiming instead that Calzaghe owed him £1m for breaking a contract which had been agreed verbally.

Mr Justice Wyn Williams dismissed W*****'s claim in March and ruled that Sports Network Ltd should pay Calzaghe. Sports Network Ltd later went into administration.

Lord Justice Ward and Lord Justice Wall agreed the application to appeal by the administrators was "hopeless and must be refused". The judges said there was "no prospect at all" of the Court of Appeal overturning findings of fact by Mr Justice Wyn Williams.

Lord Justice Ward said: "The judge cannot be criticised for taking a view of the case and his assessment of the character, demeanour and personalities of the protagonists and Mr W***** in particular."

Bored of boxing - need some fights to excite me again
CelticHiggo
V.I.P
Executive Member

"Its never too late to be what you might have been

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2009, 01:21:49 PM »

Judge rejects W***** appeal over Calzaghe 1.8 million

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/2009/06/17/judge-rejects-W*****-appeal-over-calzaghe-1-8m-91466-23900689/

"Never argue with an idiot.They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience".
LiveFight

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: