LiveFight
October 22, 2017, 11:46:13 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: David Haye: I will be heavyweight champion again  (Read 2588 times)
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« on: September 25, 2014, 05:43:41 PM »

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/david-haye-i-will-be-heavyweight-champion-again-262379

David Haye: I will be heavyweight champion again
By James Slater

Former undisputed cruiserweight king and former WBA heavyweight champ David Haye is currently negotiating his next fight, in a ring return that looks set to take place in the U.S soon. Speaking with Sky Sports News, the 33-year-old said he is currently planning the route he will go down in an attempt to rule once again.

“The heavyweight division is a bit fragmented now,” Haye said. “There are a few paths I could go down depending on the route I want, and that’s being worked on at the moment. Believe it or not I will be the heavyweight champion again. It’s just which way I go and how long it takes. There’s a bit of work to do yet but it’s exciting times ahead.”

Haye, who has not boxed since his July 2012 KO over Dereck Chisora, has had major shoulder surgery and the rehabilitation process has been both long and hard. Just when Haye will be able to fight again proves interesting, but have many fans lost faith in Haye – who twice pulled out of an all-British blockbuster with the unbeaten Tyson Fury (a fight Haye is no longer interested in)?

Another question regarding Haye is, who will be his head trainer when he does return? Rumours have been circulating for some time that Adam Booth and Haye have parted ways. When asked about this by Sky News, Haye refused to answer any questions on the subject of his long-time trainer and manager.

So which path will Haye go down as he attempts to regain a slice of the heavyweight crown? Haye might look at “regular” WBA heavyweight champion Ruslan Chagaeev, or the other “regular” WBA heavyweight titlist, in Luis Ortiz. A return with Ring magazine, WBA, WBO and IBF king Wladimir Klitschko looks extremely unlikely, but Haye challenging the winner of the upcoming (date still to be determined) Bermane Stiverne-Deontay Wilder clash, for the WBC title, would be very intriguing.
LiveFight
« on: September 25, 2014, 05:43:41 PM »

deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 05:45:11 PM »

So he's not calling anyone out this time? Sure I suppose he'll see what the easiest route is as he goes.
stevenmason

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 06:29:15 PM »

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/david-haye-i-will-be-heavyweight-champion-again-262379

David Haye: I will be heavyweight champion again
By James Slater

Former undisputed cruiserweight king and former WBA heavyweight champ David Haye is currently negotiating his next fight, in a ring return that looks set to take place in the U.S soon. Speaking with Sky Sports News, the 33-year-old said he is currently planning the route he will go down in an attempt to rule once again.

“The heavyweight division is a bit fragmented now,” Haye said. “There are a few paths I could go down depending on the route I want, and that’s being worked on at the moment. Believe it or not I will be the heavyweight champion again. It’s just which way I go and how long it takes. There’s a bit of work to do yet but it’s exciting times ahead.”

Haye, who has not boxed since his July 2012 KO over Dereck Chisora, has had major shoulder surgery and the rehabilitation process has been both long and hard. Just when Haye will be able to fight again proves interesting, but have many fans lost faith in Haye – who twice pulled out of an all-British blockbuster with the unbeaten Tyson Fury (a fight Haye is no longer interested in)?

Another question regarding Haye is, who will be his head trainer when he does return? Rumours have been circulating for some time that Adam Booth and Haye have parted ways. When asked about this by Sky News, Haye refused to answer any questions on the subject of his long-time trainer and manager.

So which path will Haye go down as he attempts to regain a slice of the heavyweight crown? Haye might look at “regular” WBA heavyweight champion Ruslan Chagaeev, or the other “regular” WBA heavyweight titlist, in Luis Ortiz. A return with Ring magazine, WBA, WBO and IBF king Wladimir Klitschko looks extremely unlikely, but Haye challenging the winner of the upcoming (date still to be determined) Bermane Stiverne-Deontay Wilder clash, for the WBC title, would be very intriguing.

I am going with not.
Tito
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 06:32:56 PM »

Haye just wants a quick payday and he is well advised not to try his luck over here again. The fans aren't interested in him not relevant anymore.

son of bonters
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 06:45:49 AM »

Yes he will.

I don't give a tuppenny F*ck about your moral conundrum, you meat-headed shitsack. That's more or less the thing.
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 06:45:49 AM »

Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 07:03:45 AM »

Haye was a very good fighter, but I'm hearing he hasn't got it anymore.

His last camp was by all means a disaster. He was allegedly dropped, buzzed and finally cut.

Since then, he underwent reconstructive shoulder surgery, and has done nothing for a year.

Bonters
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 09:59:32 AM »

Yes he will.

Haha, and Groves beat the Cobra too huh?  It's a magic little bubble, that one of yours.   Grin
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2014, 11:02:53 AM »

Haha, and Groves beat the Cobra too huh?  It's a magic little bubble, that one of yours.   Grin

Most stubborn guy ive met   Wink
Chris
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2014, 08:00:11 PM »

It's true what he says though, I mean who is the competition?
Tito
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2014, 08:24:46 PM »

His last camp was by all means a disaster. He was allegedly dropped, buzzed and finally cut.

Since then, he underwent reconstructive shoulder surgery, and has done nothing for a year.

Who was the fighter who cut him sparring ?

jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2014, 08:32:41 PM »

Heard the same mate.
Flat as a pancake apparently. Shame really, he never lived his potential.
Tito
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2014, 09:00:02 PM »

Heard the same mate.

To be fair to Haye he achieved quite a lot and as had a good career. To unify the Cruiserweight division, beat Valuev and make a few defences of the Heavyweight title is probably better than what he hoped for considering how he as flirted with Boxing in between modelling and partying.

dmp
Executive Member

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2014, 09:00:41 PM »

Heard the same mate.

at h/w no cw diff story
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2014, 09:02:54 PM »

at h/w no cw diff story

Agreed
dmp
Executive Member

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2014, 09:14:52 PM »

Agreed

time machine haye v holyfield dream fight