LiveFight
December 18, 2017, 05:20:05 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aftermath of Pac vs Floyd *spoiler*  (Read 9363 times)
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #75 on: May 05, 2015, 03:52:23 PM »

Would is the past tense of will

But Cus is dead so he "would have disagreed".
LiveFight
« Reply #75 on: May 05, 2015, 03:52:23 PM »

Hitman
Executive Member

#everythingforareason

« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2015, 04:00:23 PM »

But Cus is dead so he "would have disagreed".

I agree with you, but would is still a past tense variation of the word will

The grammatical error is due to the omission of the word have. Conditional verb I think it is called.

Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2015, 05:21:23 PM »

I think you clowns need to understand the difference between fact and hypothesis before launching into grammar nazi warfare.

stevenmason

« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2015, 06:33:55 PM »

It was in Tyson's biography where Cus D'amato was quoted as saying boxing was supposed to be about entertainment. I found it hard to believe that a seasoned veteran like him would say such a thing but I'll go with it.
V.I.P
Executive Member

Team Sevens

« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2015, 08:53:20 PM »

It was in Tyson's biography where Cus D'amato was quoted as saying boxing was supposed to be about entertainment. I found it hard to believe that a seasoned veteran like him would say such a thing but I'll go with it.

Entertainment is subjective

I was thoroughly entertained during the Mayweather - Pacquaio fight because I love watching Mayweather at work, picking apart some of the greatest fighters on the planet with ease

I could also McGregor - Aldo in the UFC and enjoy a different sense of more brutal unarmed combat entertainment

And I could also watch Kell Brook take apart Frankie Gavin purely for the LOL's entertainment

Watching Liverpool makes me smile and cry, mostly during the same game but I wouldn't pay to watch Chelsea, for example, if they were playing in my back yard yet others pay a fortune to watch them every week (sadist entertainment)

Subjective entertainment you see and the ultimate flaw in your flawed entertainment argument....
LiveFight
« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2015, 08:53:20 PM »

Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2015, 09:48:52 PM »

Seeing plenty of reports saying Mayweather will take a rematch next year after Pacquiao recovers from surgery.

*yawn*
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2015, 06:01:36 AM »

Seeing plenty of reports saying Mayweather will take a rematch next year after Pacquiao recovers from surgery.

*yawn*

If it makes him about 150 million why wouldn't he the first fight was easy enough.

A Slice of Life
Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #82 on: May 06, 2015, 12:12:12 PM »

If it makes him about 150 million why wouldn't he the first fight was easy enough.

Oh absolutely. I wouldn't have a pop at Floyd one little bit if it happens, and if people are stupid enough to pay him $150m+ again to watch the same tedious fare then more fool the people.

willlywalllly
Executive Member

« Reply #83 on: May 06, 2015, 01:32:06 PM »

was great before the fight, everyone getting involved and holding parties for the "fight of the century" ... pubs having cheeky lock ins with it on the big screen...  people asking opinions on which way it would go ... forum boards/twitter/facebook etc was buzzing, boxing was trending worldwide. we were on the verge of a resurrection!

then the inevitable happened. and its a lonely sport to follow yet again.
dmp
Executive Member

« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2015, 07:56:29 PM »

bit of a pervy question but who was the blonde sitting next to Andre Agassi not graff but to his left,shes at a lot of the big fights
only wondering 
Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #85 on: May 09, 2015, 02:46:50 PM »

http://youtube/uNdcoDuLlSU
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 02:50:29 PM by Gaz » Logged
wbamitch

« Reply #86 on: May 09, 2015, 03:05:20 PM »

Really enjoyed it.

Two guys mashing each other is great.

But two respectful fighters being cagey is a different kind of tension.

Thought Floyd was great.

My viewpoint to, to see the two elite fighters have that full respect for their opponent was great. Floyd looked so focused/tense and I think at times he stayed in the pocket too long because of this which resulted in him getting countered a few times. I have no problem with parting with 20 to see Floyd do what he does, in the process making a very good fighter look ordinary and I don't feel sorry for any one who did especially if they watch boxing, same for the more casual viewers who tune into Mayweather fights desperate to see him lose and were hoping and expecting Pacquiao to be the guy, a lot of them would have seen Floyd a few times now to know what they are getting.

We've got a couple of other fights coming up with less skilled fighters where we will probably get a knockdown or two and a likely one sided beat down if people would prefer to watch those that's fine. I'll watch them to but I'm a great fan of the technicians.  

Onto the undercard, I thought Lomachenko was very impressive with what I saw of that fight, unfortunately I was awake for more of the Santa Cruz fight which was not good at all. Lost a bit of interest in him, all this talk of the Mares fight doesn't excite me that much, Rigo or Frampton is what I'm looking for.
LiveFight

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: