LiveFight
October 17, 2017, 07:45:03 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Floyd v Manny confirmed  (Read 27719 times)
Bonters
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2015, 09:15:05 AM »

Can you name a bigger or better fight in boxing?

Seriously?  I struggle to think of a worse one to be honest.  Like I say, I know I'm pretty much alone in this and everyone is being carried on the wave of popular opinion and the general euphoria but this fight carries no appeal any more for me at all.  5 years ago I was all over it but that's a bloody long time for the pair of them to duck the issue and become past their best.  Pacquiao is now damaged goods and Mayweather has beaten the main man who damaged him.  What actual difference does it make to the sport of boxing which one of them wins?  P4P is just hypothetical BS but if Pacquiao were to win, does that mean he ranks as No.1 above Floyd?  Plenty will argue not, and if he DOES win, all the Floyd fans will say that wouldn't have happened 5 years ago.  Pacquiao fans will say much the same if Mayweather prevails.  And Vegas will be a lot richer for the event.  But nobody will know what might have happened several years ago.   Huh?
LiveFight
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2015, 09:15:05 AM »

Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2015, 09:35:24 AM »

Not feeling the vibes yet tbh.

I wonder which broadcaster in the UK will get this fight?

Watt & Halling....  Lips Sealed
Socrates
V.I.P
Executive Member

Happy Valenbirthiversary

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2015, 09:43:57 AM »

I'm absolutely not going.

But I am pumped for the fight.

If you love something set it free. Unless it's a tiger.
Tito
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2015, 10:25:45 AM »

I really hope Manny knocks him out it would be funny seeing him getting humbled and even better if that prick Ellerbe is scrapping him up off the floor. I think Floyd wins though on points I wonder if they do both 24/7 and the showtime access shows

AndyE
V.I.P

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2015, 10:44:03 AM »

I want to go but can't justify the prices at the moment - might have to be a night with a few friends.

Or livefight rents a venue in the UK! Ha

Proud member since 2009 - just never posts!
LiveFight
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2015, 10:44:03 AM »

DANIELK104

« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2015, 11:14:14 AM »

Just waiting on ticket details to be confirmed, just seen articles of speculated prices so far. My hotel was booked and paid months ago and has near enough trebled in price.

"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players" - Jock Stein - Greatest Celtic Manager Ever!!
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2015, 11:21:52 AM »

Great fight and likely won't be a classic however I'll set the stall out now Mayweather UD or TKO.

I guess this means we can have Khan Vs Brook now?

A Slice of Life
Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2015, 11:22:02 AM »

The worry for me about this fight is that it will become more of an exhibition than a fight that will have a genuine bearing on the boxing landscape. Given the money that's guaranteed for both fighters out of this deal it's a concern that the genuine hunger to do whatever necessary to win will be compromised.

Apart from that I can't wait for it.
hardknocklife

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2015, 11:26:06 AM »

Seriously?  I struggle to think of a worse one to be honest.  Like I say, I know I'm pretty much alone in this and everyone is being carried on the wave of popular opinion and the general euphoria but this fight carries no appeal any more for me at all.  5 years ago I was all over it but that's a bloody long time for the pair of them to duck the issue and become past their best.  Pacquiao is now damaged goods and Mayweather has beaten the main man who damaged him.  What actual difference does it make to the sport of boxing which one of them wins?  P4P is just hypothetical BS but if Pacquiao were to win, does that mean he ranks as No.1 above Floyd?  Plenty will argue not, and if he DOES win, all the Floyd fans will say that wouldn't have happened 5 years ago.  Pacquiao fans will say much the same if Mayweather prevails.  And Vegas will be a lot richer for the event.  But nobody will know what might have happened several years ago.   Huh?

The same "damaged goods" that beat Rios, Bradley and Algieri with relative ease? I'm with you on that this fight would have been a lot more interesting had it happened five-six years ago but it still a fight that both die-hard boxing fans and casual fans have continued to express huge interest in. Unless Ward-Golovkin happens this is THE super fight
mayne55

« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2015, 11:28:40 AM »

With Bonters in this one lost my interest in it a long  time ago, it's now a pisstake money make out of fans and fools. I won't be spending a penny on it will be a free stream on the night for me.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 11:30:29 AM by mayne55 » Logged
Scarface
Executive Member

« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2015, 12:08:13 PM »

If the general consensus is that mayweather beats the other 147lb fighters, and that manny beats all the other 147lb fighters (with the possible exception bring marquez). Why would this fight not be relevant today ??

You either want to know who the best 147lb fighter is today or you dont ? The fight not happening 5 years ago shouldn't make too much of a difference, unless people want manny to avenge his knockout loss to make it relevant.

I dont get the negativity.

Which other 147lb superfight is there ?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 12:10:03 PM by Scarface » Logged

You need people like me ... You need people like me so you can point your fokking finger and say hey, dats the bad guy.
Tuco
Executive Member

'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.' Tuco

« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2015, 12:34:37 PM »

60-40 split, no rematch clause, 147 and each fighter gets to wear his own brand of glove (until Floyd realize's Manny uses Reyes lol) according to Dan Rafael.
I hear that Mayweather has set the terms for the make of gloves. I don't think Manny will bwe wearing Reyes.

I guess I'm the only one not at all interested in this then?  It is a fight for the casuals and thrill seekers but has no bearing upon the sport of boxing.  Granted, it will generate obscene amounts of money and if that is the yardstick, then it is a success indeed.  For my own part, I'm relieved to say that I shall be dabbling my tootsies in the Indian Ocean that day, whilst sipping the dearest cocktail on the menu.  Nothing will be further from my mind than this stale heap of crap.   Wink

Its an exciting fight, neither are at their peak but they are still fighting at a high level and arguably two of the best fighters in the world.

I've said all along that Mayweather wins and i'm not changing my mind now. Mayweather will give  Pacquiao nighmares with his Jab alone, much like Moralez did.
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2015, 12:49:27 PM »

There is certainly a case for the fact that because both have faded a touch, that this will result in less running and an actual fight.

jorg21
Executive Member

« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2015, 01:12:41 PM »

I think Floyd will fight similar to the Cotto fight he knows how bad the fans have wanted this so he might try and stand his ground but if Manny tags him early he might move a bit and adapt his tactics.
Vlad The Impaler
V.I.P

« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2015, 02:08:20 PM »

Like others have said, should have happened 5 years ago but still hard not to get excited about it.

I'm sure Sky will want to piece of the pie in terms of PPV and if they do get it it'll prob mean one less PPV show from Matchroom which can only be a good thing for fans although sure Hearn will be gutted!

LiveFight

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: