LiveFight
December 18, 2017, 12:53:59 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GGG v Lemieux  (Read 41339 times)
Methodical4u
Executive Member

I cheat :-)

« Reply #420 on: November 05, 2015, 01:54:17 PM »

All about money, Cotto brings cash to the table and therefore the WBC let him pick his weight(should not be allowed). I'm starting to think that Alavrez has taken the Cotto fight because of the scalp he could take rather than actually intending to make a move to middleweight and defend the title.

What's interesting is that everyone seems to be talking like Canelo is a sure win and based on styles and what I've seen from Cotto, Canelo is in for a long night, if he doesn't get stopped which wouldn't surprise me. Canelo is as flat footed as they come and gets hit clean often. He has shown poor stamina multiple times, was 168.2 at his 30 day weigh in, and was rocked by Cottos brother (a 140 lb fighter) by a similar hook that Cotto throws...he'll be in big trouble if he gets hit by that same shot from Miguel. I think Cotto is going to throw and move, use a lot of pivots and Canelo is going to have a hard time finding him all night long.

On a side note, I watched both of them vs. Mayweather and I think if Floyd wasn't a cautious fighter, he could've finished Alvarez at several points during that fight.
LiveFight
« Reply #420 on: November 05, 2015, 01:54:17 PM »

Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #421 on: November 05, 2015, 02:43:09 PM »

What's interesting is that everyone seems to be talking like Canelo is a sure win and based on styles and what I've seen from Cotto, Canelo is in for a long night, if he doesn't get stopped which wouldn't surprise me. Canelo is as flat footed as they come and gets hit clean often. He has shown poor stamina multiple times, was 168.2 at his 30 day weigh in, and was rocked by Cottos brother (a 140 lb fighter) by a similar hook that Cotto throws...he'll be in big trouble if he gets hit by that same shot from Miguel. I think Cotto is going to throw and move, use a lot of pivots and Canelo is going to have a hard time finding him all night long.

On a side note, I watched both of them vs. Mayweather and I think if Floyd wasn't a cautious fighter, he could've finished Alvarez at several points during that fight.

Canelo wins...trust me.
Methodical4u
Executive Member

« Reply #422 on: November 05, 2015, 02:52:02 PM »

Canelo wins...trust me.

Guess we'll find out Timmy boy

How are you picking? SD,UD, KO, TKO?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 02:55:49 PM by Methodical4u » Logged
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #423 on: November 05, 2015, 03:22:35 PM »

Guess we'll find out Timmy boy

How are you picking? SD,UD, KO, TKO?

I can see him being RTD on stool. TKO if not.
Methodical4u
Executive Member

« Reply #424 on: November 05, 2015, 03:48:06 PM »

I can see him being RTD on stool. TKO if not.

Out of curiousity what do you base this on? Not their last opponent, Geale might have been at 157, but Kirkland was KO'd by a guy with what 6 KO's? 4? Something like that. I would say based on competition that Geale would've beaten Kirkland by KO as well.

Golovkin is still in question we agree there, but what about Canelo? His biggest win is Lara, which was a pretty close fight. Cotto's biggest is likely a much more prime Mosley (that Canelo fought when he was way passed it and had lost to both Floyd and Manny) or you could say the Martinez win, which we can argue the shape of his knees, but Sergio did say he just never recovered from the first knockdown.

Cotto flat out has better movement, not Floyd movement, but very tricky. I'm just wondering how you come to this prediction?
LiveFight
« Reply #424 on: November 05, 2015, 03:48:06 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: