LiveFight
October 21, 2017, 01:59:09 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Poll
Question: Who Wins ?
Scott Quigg KO - 36 (39.6%)
Scott Quigg PTS - 12 (13.2%)
Carl Frampton KO - 16 (17.6%)
Carl Frampton PTS - 26 (28.6%)
Draw - 1 (1.1%)
Total Voters: 91

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 45   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quigg vs Frampton | February 27th | POLL | Ticket information thread  (Read 62264 times)
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« on: November 02, 2015, 06:24:27 PM »

http://www.livefight.com/news.php?news_id=4823&y=2015&m=11

Carl Frampton and Scott Quigg will meet for the IBF and WBA World Super-Bantamweight titles at the Manchester Arena on Saturday February 27 2016.

The eagerly anticipated showdown between the British rivals was announced live on Sky Sports News this afternoon with the pair putting titles, unbeaten records and bragging rights on the line in the blockbuster.

Belfast favourite Frampton took the IBF crown from Kiko Martinez last September and has defended the title twice this year, stopping Chris Avalos in Belfast in February before an exciting debut on US soil in May where he climbed off the canvas twice in the opening round to defeat Alejandro Gonzalez Jr.

Bury ace Quigg’s reign as WBA champion began in October 2013 and the 27 year old has racked up five successful defences in that time, stopping Martinez in his last outing in Manchester in July to follow wins over Diego Silva, Tshifhiwa Munyai, Stephane Jamoye and Hidenori Otake.

Both fighters and their promoters expressed their delight at setting up what promises to be the fight of the year.

“I'm delighted that we have finally got this fight signed,” said Frampton. “This is the fight everyone has wanted for years, none more so than myself. I'm the legitimate champion and I'm going to his backyard to defend my title because that's what champions do. On February 27 the fans will find out who the real champion is, I'm going to win this fight in style.”

“I've finally got the fight I've wanted for so long,” said Quigg. “February 27 will be the best night of my life. I've dedicated my life to this sport and I have never been more confident going into a fight, I know I will beat him in every department. This is a great fight for the sport and I’m delighted to bring it to Manchester and unify the division.”

“I am very pleased that we have managed to get this fight made,” said Frampton’s manager Barry McGuigan. “It will be a momentous occasion for British and Irish boxing. This is the fight the fans have craved and the one we have wanted all along. The atmosphere will no doubt be electric, but there is only going to be one winner on February 27, Carl 'The Jackal' Frampton!”

“Yes! All I can say is yes – get in!” said Quigg’s promoter Eddie Hearn. “This is been hard work but worth every second. I want to thank everyone involved for their desire in making this fight happen and now we have an event that will go down in the history of the sport. Two World champions, two fantastic fighters collide at the Manchester Arena. Can you even imagine the atmosphere, the tension, the drama? This is what it's all about, roll on fight night! Scott Quigg has all the momentum going into the fight and will be crowned unified World champion on February 27.”

Information on ticket on-sale dates and the undercard will be revealed in a UK press tour that will begin later in November.
LiveFight
« on: November 02, 2015, 06:24:27 PM »

Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 06:40:52 PM »

I've always edged toward Frampton but I think Eddie Hearn is right when he said Quigg has the momentum.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 06:47:00 PM »

So I'm tickets for this are gonna be gold and found in chocolate bars?
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 06:48:27 PM »

So I'm tickets for this are gonna be gold and found in chocolate bars?

I think they will gauge reaction to the fight and then adjust ticket prices accordingly.
Alba
Executive Member

"For what is a man,What has he got ?"

@Albagary
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2015, 07:04:16 PM »

I think they will gauge reaction to the fight and then adjust ticket prices accordingly.

Or eddie will negotiate roughly with stub hut to sell his allocation  out to them
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2015, 07:04:16 PM »

willlywalllly
Executive Member

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2015, 07:19:42 PM »

i put quigg ko in poll surprised to see its ahead .... frampton spoke about struggling to make weight after getting dropped twice last time out, but quigg looked stronger than ever.

either way just happy its been signed.

#WarQuigg
son of bonters
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2015, 08:57:02 PM »

Count the Bonters boys in. We'll get tickets somehow.

I don't give a tuppenny F*ck about your moral conundrum, you meat-headed shitsack. That's more or less the thing.
Every Cloud
Executive Member

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2015, 08:58:20 PM »

Frampton KO for me
Shooter McGavin

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2015, 09:13:17 PM »

Frampton wins by KO
KnuckleSandwich

Gifted

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2015, 09:34:41 PM »

Apparently one of the terms of the contract is that tickets are split 50:50 between the fighters. Not sure how that's going to work?

Could be a few fisticuffs in the crowd I think?
Goldenboy87
Executive Member

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2015, 09:37:09 PM »

Quigg KO for me, just really see huge improvements every time I watch him fight and just seems the fresher and hungrier fighter. Also think he is stronger at the weight.

Probably a year ago I would have fancied Frampton, but will be a great fight whatever the result!
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2015, 09:42:54 PM »

I don't mind either fighter, but Quigg has always struck me as the hungrier fighter and the puncher of the two.

Frampton has seemed to have sat on the throne and looked down upon Scott, and that could be his biggest mistake in this fight.

Quigg has long been described as the hardest trainer and fittest fighter to train at Gallagher's gym - and I just don't think he'll be denied in this fight.

In closing I think Team Frampton are more interested in the payday than the fight, whereas I get the impression it's the other way round with Quigg.

I've lost count of the times he's bought his own flight to go and better himself at the Wildcard gym over the years. He's going to give it everything on the night - whereas Frampton has already let slackness affect him once in recent months when he blamed everything from making weight to a spongy canvas for going on the deck three times in America and looking awful. The reality is he thought he'd stroll it, and if he has any arrogance about victory in Feb, then he could blow it.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 09:59:52 PM by Red » Logged
one more round

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2015, 09:44:30 PM »

Roll on the 27th Feb been waiting for this a long long time!
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2015, 02:53:18 AM »

I know he's not everyone's cup on tea but Gallagher is the more experienced and better trainer. In a 50/50 fight like this you have to take all factors into account. Quigg/Gallagher will have a plan A, B and C I'm not sure the McGuiggan team have that in the locker yet and Frampton will have to rely on being able to adapt himself if it isn't going his way. Great fight this can't wait.
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2015, 06:47:30 AM »

Quigg looks the slightly bigger man who makes the weight and then fills out more naturally this for me could have a big impact on the fight. I still think Frampton takes this he learned an awful lot in America and won't be so slack in prep this time around that fright may well play a big factor in this fight, 50/50 pickem sort isn't it?

I can't wait its going to be a cracker if I could get a ticket I'd travel down for this be a cracking night of boxing with an electric atmosphere.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 08:53:26 AM by Dexter_Morgan » Logged

A Slice of Life
LiveFight

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 45   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: