LiveFight
October 24, 2017, 07:51:27 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: December 12th card  (Read 6133 times)
V.I.P
Executive Member

Team Sevens

« on: November 13, 2015, 05:53:52 AM »

Couple of fights building up nicely on December 12th card

Eubank calling O'Sullivan out on his Twitter antics, thought it was interesting to see Eubank more vocal with Senior not there and reference the hate from the crowds in his first 18 fights. Pascal Collins did more to try and sell the fight than 'Spike' though

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/9WK_793gbTA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/9WK_793gbTA</a>

White having a pop at Joshua again, looking forward to 'The gloves are off' as sounds like it might be a bit tense

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/CjoSyjoRfBA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/CjoSyjoRfBA</a>

LiveFight
« on: November 13, 2015, 05:53:52 AM »

AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 06:46:58 AM »

I have nothing against Anthony Joshua, but I have a decent sized part of me that would like to see White win.

Team Groves
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2015, 08:17:57 AM »

Building up yes.

Decent fight ??

Don't make me laugh ..

Hearn the crafty Essex twat has done the best job in the world hyping this to death.

Who the F*ck is white ? Who's he fought in the pros. Seriously it's a f***ing joke of a main event it should be on a undercard somewhere ..

I'd argue the Eubank fight is more relevant/important.

I'll hold my hands up here , a lot of know it alls on the forum won't but I'd not heard of white before the talk of Josh fighting him, I do not claim to know everything about the sport there's loads more educated in it than me but I know enough, way way more than joe public..

So again shit main event hyped by the marketing genius (or just plain old C**t as I know him)  that is Eddie Hearn 
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2015, 08:41:09 AM »

Building up yes.

Decent fight ??

Don't make me laugh ..

Hearn the crafty Essex twat has done the best job in the world hyping this to death.

Who the F*ck is white ? Who's he fought in the pros. Seriously it's a f***ing joke of a main event it should be on a undercard somewhere ..

I'd argue the Eubank fight is more relevant/important.

I'll hold my hands up here , a lot of know it alls on the forum won't but I'd not heard of white before the talk of Josh fighting him, I do not claim to know everything about the sport there's loads more educated in it than me but I know enough, way way more than joe public..

So again shit main event hyped by the marketing genius (or just plain old C**t as I know him)  that is Eddie Hearn 

Yet when Joshua likely hammers him in a few rounds at most, everyone will rev up the hype machine again when as you say in reality he's just smashing a smaller man who'd beat nobody of note. Come to think of it he's not faced anyone never mind beat anyone.

The division is practically void of talent yet the idea of us having the best bad fighter excites people, I don't get it.

Team Groves
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2015, 09:10:24 AM »

Sky & Matchroom are really banking on Joshua going on to greatness. There is no other boxer who they think is capable of generating the income they think he will. For all the talk of Brook being P4P, Quigg being world champ, Callum Smith/Luke Campbell being potential superstars they are putting all their eggs in Anthony Joshua's basket. They are planning to use him as a marketing tool for the majority of their PPV's. If he gets sparked they are f'###ed.

Look at the odds on sky bet for these fights:
Joshua 1/20, White 8/1
Eubank 1/5, Sullivan 7/2

How can people say these are building up nicely with odds like that. They are one sided contests that liked Faulks said should be on an undercard

I would love to see AJ get sparked, not as I dislike AJ, but just to see Hearn's face

The face when Carson Jones stopped Brian Rose would be nothing in comparison
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2015, 09:10:24 AM »

Forest
Executive Member

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2015, 09:17:01 AM »

I can't help it but I'm warming to Eubank Jr. Obviously overhyping himself a lot but he seems to come across ok in the odd interview...
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2015, 09:18:43 AM »

The most well publicised thing about Whyte until about 6 months ago was his drug ban.  It's not a bad British Title fight but nowhere near a headliner of a supposedly quality card.

There could still be decent fights down the line for Joshua depending on how the like of Ortiz and Breazeale get on and he could turn out to be a quality fighter.  It is just getting a bit boring having all of his fights hyped up like it is Tyson v Berbick or something.
The Flaccid Member
V.I.P

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2015, 09:27:29 AM »

I just had a look at tickets on Stubhub, some of the prices are eye watering - Im not sure you can get a ticket for less than £130 and that is up in the gods .The fight must be resonating with some people!
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2015, 09:30:20 AM »

I just had a look at tickets on Stubhub, some of the prices are eye watering - Im not sure you can get a ticket for less than £130 and that is up in the gods .The fight must be resonating with some people!

Hearn/sky (well pointed out jaff) have done an excellent job fooling people, and to be fair its shrewd by hearn, great business. Astounding but anyone in 'the know' knows this isnt all its cracked up to be..

jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2015, 12:43:26 PM »

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/anthony-joshua-dillian-whyte-likely-to-be-pay-per-view/

“Joshua’s already a pay-per-view star whether you like it or not,”
Considering he hasn't headlined a PPV card yet I don't see how he can be?
foggy

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2015, 01:01:49 PM »

Just reading on the boxing news article that the Bellew v Cleverly rematch did 200,000 views.

If they keep getting that type of success then why would Eddie Hearn give a shit what some people on a forum think? We can moan about it but the demand is clearly there. I also refuse to believe that those 200,000 were all casual fans, Bellew and Cleverly aren't that big draws. The self-defined 'real' boxing fans like a moan about it but clearly end up buying it.

As long as people are still stumping up the cash this is just gonna happen more and more frequently and Eddie getting a bit of stick on twitter over it isn't going to change anything. People need to vote with their wallets and not buy PPV fights if they really don't think it is value for money.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2015, 01:52:43 PM »

Can't believe the lack of talk about the Mitchell v Linares rematch...by far the best fight on the card. Also why has Luke Campbells opponent yet to be named? Surely he should be building on his win v Coyle rather than fighting some last min nobody?
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2015, 01:58:21 PM »

Can't believe the lack of talk about the Mitchell v Linares rematch...by far the best fight on the card. Also why has Luke Campbells opponent yet to be named? Surely he should be building on his win v Coyle rather than fighting some last min nobody?

I don't think the Linares v Mitchell fight has been made mate.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2015, 02:06:42 PM »

I don't think the Linares v Mitchell fight has been made mate.

Really? Last I herd the fight was on....isn't Mitchell in training for December 12th?
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2015, 02:09:09 PM »

Really? Last I herd the fight was on....isn't Mitchell in training for December 12th?

Think he's in training but not to fight Linares, TBA is lined up at the moment I think.
LiveFight

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: