LiveFight
October 22, 2017, 08:51:58 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GGG Vs Kell Brook  (Read 42396 times)
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #495 on: September 16, 2016, 02:17:08 PM »

Murray was just a shell against Groves, whatever he used to have had left him before that night.  I'd fancy that there's not much in it regarding the power factor.  It seems to me that nearly all the world title fights have gone to decision in the last few years.  If he goes up I want to see him hit by someone with Kessler's sort of power not someone who might carry a tiny drop more than the middleweight average due to the fact they weigh a bit more on the scales.

Neither division is overflowing with talent but it's ridiculous to make out that 168 is appreciably better when there's a decent argument for it being worse.

No one has done anything to make it look like they'd warrant more caution than Saunders or Jacobs would and it's not like the stories come out of sparring that he's been on the wrong end of it against the likes of Groves or even Kovalev.

Saw that Murray comment coming a mile off....conveniently he was at his peek v GGG but just a shell v Groves  Grin

The extra pop at super mid would be a factor v GGG but also the reach that those guys have...I mentioned few days back about Golovkin adoption the Abraham style guard when Brook started to drop combos on him...a super mid with decent reach and bit of pop will tear him up if he were to try that.

Sparring means nothing tbf and there were once rumours that he'd struggled v Groves.

Bottom line is if I had to bet my life on Saunders/Jacobs beating GGG at 160lbs or one of the better super mids beating GGG at 168lbs I wouldn't even have to think about it. Super mid is the biggest test for GGG and therefore the most exciting option.
LiveFight
« Reply #495 on: September 16, 2016, 02:17:08 PM »

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #496 on: September 16, 2016, 02:47:02 PM »

In fairness, GGG had beaten the life out of Murray by the time Groves got his hands on him a few fights further down the line.

I think Groves himself said that he held his own one time and got a broken rib another.  I don't recall anything about GGG struggling.  Of course it is only sparring but it's not like things have come out that would indicate a need for GGG to have real concerns.

Right now your life would look equally safe.  There's still time for someone to make a move at 168 and make a real claim to being a top level fighter given that I imagine at least lip service will be paid to the September 2017 date for GGG v Canelo if nothing else.  Hopefully the likes of Smith or Ramirez can make a mark and liven up the division.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #497 on: September 16, 2016, 02:58:38 PM »

In fairness, GGG had beaten the life out of Murray by the time Groves got his hands on him a few fights further down the line.

I think Groves himself said that he held his own one time and got a broken rib another.  I don't recall anything about GGG struggling.  Of course it is only sparring but it's not like things have come out that would indicate a need for GGG to have real concerns.

Right now your life would look equally safe.  There's still time for someone to make a move at 168 and make a real claim to being a top level fighter given that I imagine at least lip service will be paid to the September 2017 date for GGG v Canelo if nothing else.  Hopefully the likes of Smith or Ramirez can make a mark and liven up the division.

Or perhaps Murray couldn't handle the jump to super mid  Wink

To me it seems like GGG has some real concerns though...hence why he's waiting for fighters to come to him. If he were to move to super mid he could force the fights but instead he's waiting for match ups at middleweight that imo will not happen.

Don't think Equally safe if accurate....that's pretty much stating that GGG has just as much to worry about at middleweight(zero imo) as he does at super mid....I disagree with that. A guy like Smith or Groves has a much bigger chance of holting GGG then BJS or Jacobs.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #498 on: September 16, 2016, 03:15:44 PM »

That's a possibility given that he couldn't handle the jump from normal Middleweights to GGG either  Grin

A move to 168 would only make an Alvarez fight an impossibility if GGG went up and starched a champion.  At least as things stand, there's a chance all the talk becomes a reality.

Theoretically that's probably right but it doesn't equate to them having a better chance of winning than Saunders or Jacobs.  I'd say Saunders has the best chance of out boxing him.  It's still too hard to say anything with much certainty about Smith as he hasn't fought anyone fringe world level yet.
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #499 on: September 16, 2016, 04:19:09 PM »

I think Kell at 168 on the night was a bit of a water baby. He looks the bizz, with his big full muscle bellies and looks the part.

Proper natural tendon strength though?... not so sure about that one.

Tito Trinidad for example, he couldn't even bench press 1 plate aside - but he'd knock down a wall if he caught you properly.

It's hard to define unless you've felt their punches, because power comes in different flavours. And Kell's weren't meaty enough at middle.
LiveFight
« Reply #499 on: September 16, 2016, 04:19:09 PM »

Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #500 on: September 16, 2016, 04:39:07 PM »

That's a possibility given that he couldn't handle the jump from normal Middleweights to GGG either  Grin

A move to 168 would only make an Alvarez fight an impossibility if GGG went up and starched a champion.  At least as things stand, there's a chance all the talk becomes a reality.

Theoretically that's probably right but it doesn't equate to them having a better chance of winning than Saunders or Jacobs.  I'd say Saunders has the best chance of out boxing him.  It's still too hard to say anything with much certainty about Smith as he hasn't fought anyone fringe world level yet.

Saunders isn't even going to take the fight let alone out box the guy. I'd be more confident in Smith beating GGG then any middleweight.
The_Answer
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #501 on: September 16, 2016, 06:51:51 PM »

If Saunders is Golovkins biggest challenge then GGG should go ahead and retire.. Saunders was lucky to scrape a win over Andy Lee and is rightly avoiding both Golovkin and a Eubank Jr rematch like the plague.

Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #502 on: October 13, 2016, 02:36:22 PM »

Ok. 20 quid that it gets signed before end of January.

Saunders just pulled out of his next fight....think we should of bet on IF he fights within a year rather then who he fights.
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #503 on: October 13, 2016, 03:34:13 PM »

Saunders just pulled out of his next fight....think we should of bet on IF he fights within a year rather then who he fights.

Seriously??
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #504 on: October 13, 2016, 04:04:32 PM »

Seriously??

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/10615680/billy-joe-saunders-postpones-artur-akavov-fight

Billy Joe Sick Note.
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #505 on: October 13, 2016, 06:12:12 PM »

Both the main 2 fights fell apart at the same time. Sounds like it could be Franks doing.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #506 on: October 13, 2016, 06:33:49 PM »

Both the main 2 fights fell apart at the same time. Sounds like it could be Franks doing.

Could definitely be the case with Frank.

Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #507 on: October 14, 2016, 08:03:03 AM »

Liam Williams also withdrew from training injury. Card rescheduled for later in year.

LiveFight

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: