LiveFight
October 22, 2017, 01:04:56 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ward vs Kovalev "My Fight" documentary - must watch  (Read 7343 times)
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« on: October 31, 2016, 04:46:13 PM »

I didn't realise Ward's brutal upbringing. Kovalev's childhood wasn't rosy either.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 04:52:17 PM by Red » Logged
LiveFight
« on: October 31, 2016, 04:46:13 PM »

Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 08:00:20 PM »

Really enjoyed that brilliant production, I didn't know Ward had such a hard upbringing.

A Slice of Life
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 10:45:01 PM »

They have more in common than at first it'd appear, both had difficult upbringings and lost a male role model to heart condition, both nearly went off the rails but both had coaches who pulled them back around. Its a great fight. Not sure how well it'll come across to the casuals, but as a trade fight its a must see.
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 08:43:13 AM »

If Ward wins, I hope he does it with his knuckles and not with his hugs and college wrestling team moves.

MFC_SE15
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 09:29:53 AM »

Brilliant documentary. Is it known what happened to Kovalevs natural Father? Just curious really.
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 09:29:53 AM »

lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2016, 09:45:57 AM »

If Ward wins, I hope he does it with his knuckles and not with his hugs and college wrestling team moves.

Yes....it'll be sh*t if he fiddles and fouls his way to a win. Will we see a 'friendly' referee or one who'll cut out the crap and ensure we get the fight the sport deserves. Kovalev will be prepared for Wards punch and clutch routines and there are things he can do to disuade Andre from such tactics, Kovs a rough customer himself. But he can only do what a ref allows him to do....the referee is a massive factor that shouldn't be.
IrishPaddy
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2016, 01:53:56 PM »

The Eastern European fighters of today are built like those black US fighters of the 40s and 50s. They are hard men. Harder than Wards generation of Black Americans who grew up drinking coke, eating Big Macs and slinging the odd bag of crack.

There's no doubt in mind Kovalev is the stronger man physically, mentally and emotionally. You don't carry a fighter to make sure he gets a sustained beating, having already killed a man in the ring, without being super vicious. Ward has to hope that his skills haven't deteriorated since he was at his magnificent best a few tears ago.
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2016, 12:08:35 PM »

The Eastern European fighters of today are built like those black US fighters of the 40s and 50s. They are hard men. Harder than Wards generation of Black Americans who grew up drinking coke, eating Big Macs and slinging the odd bag of crack.

There's no doubt in mind Kovalev is the stronger man physically, mentally and emotionally. You don't carry a fighter to make sure he gets a sustained beating, having already killed a man in the ring, without being super vicious. Ward has to hope that his skills haven't deteriorated since he was at his magnificent best a few tears ago.

I lean towards Ward on points - but it a shellacking would not surprise me.

From the vids of Kovalev working out during camp on youtube, he looks like a friggin terminator. Dead eyed shark when the bell rings.
Scarface
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2016, 02:53:08 PM »

Every physical advantage canelo had over mayweather didnt amount to shit. You cant beat ring intelligence and you cannot stifle it. What do you do when your arsenal is rendered useless... hoping to land that one shot when throughout the entire fight your constantly being outsmarted.

Ward hasnt lost since he was 12 year old - if thats true... kovalev has all but a punchers chance.

The only positive that can come out of this fght for kovalev is that ward spoiled the fight by not allowing kovalev to punch him in the face.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 02:59:14 PM by Scarface » Logged

You need people like me ... You need people like me so you can point your fokking finger and say hey, dats the bad guy.
V.I.P
Executive Member

Team Sevens

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2016, 03:29:17 PM »

Cheers for this mate - thought it was brilliant

Why has it taken Ward that long to 'open up'? Not saying every fighter should like...
IrishPaddy
Executive Member

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2016, 01:38:04 PM »

Every physical advantage canelo had over mayweather didnt amount to shit. You cant beat ring intelligence and you cannot stifle it. What do you do when your arsenal is rendered useless... hoping to land that one shot when throughout the entire fight your constantly being outsmarted.

Ward hasnt lost since he was 12 year old - if thats true... kovalev has all but a punchers chance.

The only positive that can come out of this fght for kovalev is that ward spoiled the fight by not allowing kovalev to punch him in the face.

If I implied in my previous post that only Kovalevs physical advantages would be a factor, then I apologise. He is not just a physical menace, he also is calculated and the way he moves and boxes can be sometimes unusual, yet highly affective.

Ward was/is an excellent fighter.At his best, he is close to unbeatable. I have doubts that he is at his best, and when he is not, he is vulnerable. He NEEDS to be at his best to win this fight.

Yes, Ward could win a fairly wide points decision. And all the know it alls will say 'I told you so'. I for one would not put money on this fight. I have it 55-45 in Wards favour going into fight week.

Thinking back, I don't remember a fight I have looked forward to more since Trinidad-Hopkins.

It's an historical fight. And i hope, that if Ward wins comfortably, no excuses are made and he rightly goes down as one of the greatest boxers ever.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 01:40:20 PM by IrishPaddy » Logged
pogo
V.I.P

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2016, 07:29:27 AM »

What a match up. I've been looking forward to this one big time.

Crusher to emerge victorious for me. Too big too strong and too much natural power.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 07:34:38 AM by pogo » Logged
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2016, 08:12:43 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSnMnI7jwXo&sns=em

Road to Kovalev v Ward.
MFC_SE15
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2016, 10:18:40 AM »

Promo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm8AbfbR7qw
Socrates
V.I.P
Executive Member

Happy Valenbirthiversary

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2016, 01:14:37 PM »

Fly out Thursday for this.

Can't wait!!!!!

If you love something set it free. Unless it's a tiger.
LiveFight

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: