LiveFight
November 24, 2017, 12:21:54 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brook/Khan....talks break down  (Read 4177 times)
glenn_user
Executive Member

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2017, 04:53:53 PM »

brook really needs to kick on with his career and win some decent fights but how long have people been saying that? matchroom havent helped in that regard either.

ideally he'd just ignore khan who is seemingly finished at the top (if he was really ever there) and just looking for a few more paydays, but knowing brook he'll end up getting his arms chopped off by a tranny in ibiza or something.
LiveFight
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2017, 04:53:53 PM »

Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2017, 05:13:29 PM »

brook really needs to kick on with his career and win some decent fights but how long have people been saying that? matchroom havent helped in that regard either.

ideally he'd just ignore khan who is seemingly finished at the top (if he was really ever there) and just looking for a few more paydays, but knowing brook he'll end up getting his arms chopped off by a tranny in ibiza or something.

Or his cock.

Mind you at least he'd then get a decent payday fighting Katie Taylor on PPV.
stevenmason

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2017, 06:05:35 PM »

Matchroom/Brook wanted 50/50........Khan wanted more of the pie, so its not happening.

Khan doesn't want the fight so he's priced himself out and I hope pretty much everyone can see that is the case.

He's got this notion he's the big name, but he's not got the status he thinks and he's also gotten tanked a few times now so should be grateful for whats offered. Add to this that'd it'd be Matchroom who'd do all the legwork in terms of promo for a potential Brook/Khan clash and basically Khan is just running scared from the fight whilst trying to blame Brook....he's a pathetic tossa(literally)

I hope Kell now doesn't mess about and rises in weight to 154 where he's better suited. I really hope he doesn't feel the need to compromise himself to defend the IBF strap at 47. It'd have been worth it for a Khan fight but not now.

Disagree with this post.

Brook and Hearn asked for 50/50 way back in 2011 when Brook was still up and coming and Khan was champ.

They are both as bad as one another.
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2017, 06:29:41 PM »

50/50 split seems fair to me can't see the issue with anything else or either fighter having a good enough case to ask for more.

A Slice of Life
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2017, 06:46:27 PM »

Disagree with this post.

Brook and Hearn asked for 50/50 way back in 2011 when Brook was still up and coming and Khan was champ.

They are both as bad as one another.

I can't comment on 2011 but as of right now.....Khan is the one preventing the fight from happening. It seems that Brook wants it, but Khan doesn't actually fancy the fight.

50/50 is a fair split at this point......Brooks stock is high, he holds a world title, and Matchroom would carry the promotion. Khan might have a higher profile to the general public, but his stock is falling, he has no title, and his image has taken a knock lately.

LiveFight
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2017, 06:46:27 PM »

Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2017, 06:48:23 PM »

Kahns a K.O for hire and Brook just sold his '0' to the highest bidder. 50/50 is fair.
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2017, 07:17:23 AM »

I can't comment on 2011 but as of right now.....Khan is the one preventing the fight from happening. It seems that Brook wants it, but Khan doesn't actually fancy the fight.

50/50 is a fair split at this point......Brooks stock is high, he holds a world title, and Matchroom would carry the promotion. Khan might have a higher profile to the general public, but his stock is falling, he has no title, and his image has taken a knock lately.

How can Brooks stock be high? He was just crushed by Golovkin and prior to that the one win on his record over another world champion is Shawn Porter.

Khan suffered the same fate against Canelo, but he's fought and beat Devon Alexander, Collazo, Judah, Maidana, Malignaggi, Barrera, even Kotelnik was a world champion. He's also been in with Danny Garcia and Lamont Peterson. He might've lost both of those but he's still the more accomplished fighter.

Brook will argue that he's the better fighter, that may well be the case but Brook needs to look at his promotors past and present, and himself to realise why he's not been able to prove that. Brooks resumé is why he won't get the 50/50 split.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2017, 08:40:32 AM »

I'd say Brook's stock is far high in defeat to GGG than Khan's is after Canelo.  Brook wasn't crushed at all and he was fighting the consensus best middleweight in the world at the 160 limit whereas Khan was ironed out at 155.  Also, Brook actually stood in the pocket and looked to back GGG up which career middleweights that have fought him haven't done.  Khan just did as expected and stood on the outside for a few rounds before being planted.
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2017, 09:08:35 AM »

I'd say Brook's stock is far high in defeat to GGG than Khan's is after Canelo.  Brook wasn't crushed at all and he was fighting the consensus best middleweight in the world at the 160 limit whereas Khan was ironed out at 155.  Also, Brook actually stood in the pocket and looked to back GGG up which career middleweights that have fought him haven't done.  Khan just did as expected and stood on the outside for a few rounds before being planted.

It's not really about the outcome of their last defeat. They both stepped up to fight big names in higher weight divisions for paydays. Both lost, as expected.

Khans career in general in victory or defeat has been higher profile globally than Brooks.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2017, 09:18:15 AM »

It is really though.  I saw Garcia earlier saying that he'd consider fighting Khan again if he rebuilds his career.  I don't get the feeling that the same sentiment exists with Brook after his defeat.

I think 'has been' are the most pertinent words in your last sentence.  Brook has still got a world title and could go up to 154.  Khan has to hope that someone needs a knockout for hire to pay his divorce bill.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2017, 09:37:35 AM »

How can Brooks stock be high? He was just crushed by Golovkin and prior to that the one win on his record over another world champion is Shawn Porter.

Khan suffered the same fate against Canelo, but he's fought and beat Devon Alexander, Collazo, Judah, Maidana, Malignaggi, Barrera, even Kotelnik was a world champion. He's also been in with Danny Garcia and Lamont Peterson. He might've lost both of those but he's still the more accomplished fighter.

Brook will argue that he's the better fighter, that may well be the case but Brook needs to look at his promotors past and present, and himself to realise why he's not been able to prove that. Brooks resumé is why he won't get the 50/50 split.

Brook received credit from the GGG bout.....he gave it a real go and showed his ability fighting with a bad injury. He lost no lustre from that fight and went out on his feet. In the aftermath people from both sides of the pond were interested to see him in against the likes of Cotto, Alvarez, etc.

Khan on the other hand was sparked and left on his back in the same old story.

Khan might have some good wins on his slate, but the feeling is his story is well known now. Talented and fast but horrendously chinny and that means he's reached a ceiling. People don't see much 'potential' in Khan anymore.

Khan is more widely known to the general public, but his stock is falling while Brook's is rising....so why not meet in the middle at 50/50? Why not....because Khan simply doesn't fancy it.

legs

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2017, 10:38:43 AM »

My feelings on this are Khan isn't scared of Brook as he has been in with Canelo and the same applies to Brook who has been in with GGG.

The issue for me is Khan is scared of losing to Brook he'd rather get battered by Garcia as it would be his George Grove / Froch moment he'd never live it down !

I'm sure both sides are being greedy Eddie loves the $$$$$$$$ as well i'm sure they could settle at 55/45 in Khans favour.
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2017, 10:41:06 AM »

My feelings on this are Khan isn't scared of Brook as he has been in with Canelo and the same applies to Brook who has been in with GGG.

The issue for me is Khan is scared of losing to Brook he'd rather get battered by Garcia as it would be his George Grove / Froch moment he'd never live it down !

I'm sure both sides are being greedy Eddie loves the $$$$$$$$ as well i'm sure they could settle at 55/45 in Khans favour.

I'm not sure, Hearn is on video saying how Kell only wants pay per view fights now. He seemingly has as high opinion of himself as does khan.

Team Groves
legs

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2017, 12:15:22 PM »

I'm not sure, Hearn is on video saying how Kell only wants pay per view fights now. He seemingly has as high opinion of himself as does khan.

You're right he won't want to back down from 50/50 but I guess if he gets shown how much he would make elsewhere I think he'd be wise to take 55/45 for a start some of the bigger names other than Khan he'd probably have to go to America if its Khan he will have home comforts which shouldn't be overlooked.

I think Brook wins the fight at 147 or 154 and like I said Khan won't want to keep hearing the words "I knocked Khan out in front of 80,000 people at Wembley haha"

Socrates
V.I.P
Executive Member

Happy Valenbirthiversary

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2017, 01:07:53 PM »

I just want to put some stuff in context here.

For the record I'm sick of the f***ing pair of them, and they should either shit or get off the pot as far as I'm concerned. This big dick competition on Twitter is tiresome in the extreme.

But I just wanted to put some stuff out there about Khan's record :-

The Barrera fight was in March 2009, so nearly 8 years ago.

Kotelnik was July 2009.

Paulie was in May 2010

Maidana was in November 2010

Judah was in July 2011

Peterson was in December 2010

Garcia was in July 2012

Alexander was in December 2014

There's an argument that Khan has had one significant fight and victory in the last five years. I don't class Canelo as a significant fight - it was a joke contest that said a lot about the pair of them.

To put that in context, in the last five years Paulie has fought Broner, Judah, Porter and Garcia - but you don't get him screaming about splits and the like.

So if we're going on resume's and all that shite, there's an argument Paulie deserves more of a split than Khan, who has never been the draw he claims he has.

It pisses me off royally when other fights go on about a split. As long as you're happy with what you're getting paid why do you care what the other guy gets? Defining yourself solely on getting more than somebody else is petty and idiotic.

If you love something set it free. Unless it's a tiger.
LiveFight

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: