LiveFight
November 17, 2017, 07:38:34 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brook/Khan....talks break down  (Read 4125 times)
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2017, 01:22:27 PM »

I just want to put some stuff in context here.

For the record I'm sick of the f***ing pair of them, and they should either shit or get off the pot as far as I'm concerned. This big dick competition on Twitter is tiresome in the extreme.

But I just wanted to put some stuff out there about Khan's record :-

The Barrera fight was in March 2009, so nearly 8 years ago.

Kotelnik was July 2009.

Paulie was in May 2010

Maidana was in November 2010

Judah was in July 2011

Peterson was in December 2010

Garcia was in July 2012

Alexander was in December 2014

There's an argument that Khan has had one significant fight and victory in the last five years. I don't class Canelo as a significant fight - it was a joke contest that said a lot about the pair of them.

To put that in context, in the last five years Paulie has fought Broner, Judah, Porter and Garcia - but you don't get him screaming about splits and the like.

So if we're going on resume's and all that shite, there's an argument Paulie deserves more of a split than Khan, who has never been the draw he claims he has.

It pisses me off royally when other fights go on about a split. As long as you're happy with what you're getting paid why do you care what the other guy gets? Defining yourself solely on getting more than somebody else is petty and idiotic.

I agree that these aren't recent victories but the point is none of these Calibre of fighters appear on Brooks record, not anywhere/any date in time.

Apart from GGG there's Shawn Porter, good solid opponent but never really a "star". What's the next best after that.. Senchenko? Carson Jones? Frankie Gavin? You can't compare those names to those Khan has fought.

LiveFight
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2017, 01:22:27 PM »

Scarface
Executive Member

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2017, 01:29:04 PM »

What boxers like khan like to do is prolong their time in the limelight... by stretching out their careers. One fight a year is almost semi-retired.

Keeping the brook fight alive is keeping his career alive... once that fight is made. He will hang them up.

You need people like me ... You need people like me so you can point your fokking finger and say hey, dats the bad guy.
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2017, 02:02:26 PM »

Did anyone seriously think this fight would be made?  The word of Hearn is certainly not one to hold your breath on.

Kell has been with matchroom six years this year, and let's be honest it's hardly been an unforgettable six years. He spent time fighting largely unheard of opponents while somehow making it to the mandatory spot on the back of beating Matthew Hatton and Carson Jones. His win over Porter was very very good and for the first time in years it was time to get excited about his future. But then it was back to unheard of mandatories, and domestic level mismatches. He then throws himself in against GGG, gets a good beating but well paid for his troubles.

Now he views himself as someone worthy of being PPV every fight. You've had 2 meaningful fights at world level, with a 50% win ratio and that makes you PPV? I'm doubtful if the spence fight will happen, they appear to want to take minimal risk with the title most people have probably forgot he holds.

I agree with Amir on wanting a bigger slice of the pie. Yes he's been inactive, but I'd say confidently now that Kell will retire without having been involved in half the fights and risk Amir has already been in.

Garcia, Peterson, Judah, Alexander, Malignaggi, Maidana ok might not go down as all time greats. But even without the pathetic Alvarez fight he has had a solid run. He's spent his best years fighting mostly abroad too.

Amir was handed an easy route to success, but once he achieved it he's worked harder to keep it than Kell.

Team Groves
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2017, 02:34:36 PM »

The fight is already stale.

GGG knocked Brook's face in and Canelo clubbed Khan like a newborn seal.

GGG vs Canelo is the main fight. This is nothing anymore really.

GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2017, 04:17:56 PM »

Hopefully this fight will NOT happen...they are both coming off brutal losses, who the hell wants to see them face each other right now?
LiveFight
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2017, 04:17:56 PM »

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2017, 04:25:55 PM »

Hopefully this fight will NOT happen...they are both coming off brutal losses, who the hell wants to see them face each other right now?

That in itself doesn't make it a bad fight per se though does it.
G-man
Executive Member

« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2017, 04:27:02 PM »

The fight is already stale.

GGG knocked Brook's face in and Canelo clubbed Khan like a newborn seal.

GGG vs Canelo is the main fight. This is nothing anymore really.

In the grand scheme of things i'd tend to agree but it's still huge in the UK especially with half the helmets that attend live shows nowadays.

It's not the two best fighters but it's competitive which i think is what people crave nowadays amongst the other mismatches.
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2017, 04:28:13 PM »

That in itself doesn't make it a bad fight per se though does it.

I'd rather see Brook at 154 in all honesty...

Khan needs a rebuilding fight first off in any case
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2017, 04:34:27 PM »

I'd rather see Brook at 154 in all honesty...

Khan needs a rebuilding fight first off in any case

It doesn't have the lustre that it did a year ago but I'd say it's still one of the biggest fights that can be made domestically, perhaps even the biggest outside of AJ v Fury or Haye.
Socrates
V.I.P
Executive Member

Happy Valenbirthiversary

« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2017, 04:55:25 PM »

Khan was on a fantastic run 5 years ago, but he gave it all up to whore himself around for the Mayweather fight.

Both will have a great big "what if?" against their careers in my mind. Neither has ever become what they could have been.

If you love something set it free. Unless it's a tiger.
Scarface
Executive Member

« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2017, 07:24:59 PM »

Khan was on a fantastic run 5 years ago, but he gave it all up to whore himself around for the Mayweather fight.

Both will have a great big "what if?" against their careers in my mind. Neither has ever become what they could have been.

Though from a financial standpoint... looks as though the kid from bolton did well.

You need people like me ... You need people like me so you can point your fokking finger and say hey, dats the bad guy.
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2017, 08:25:55 PM »

Though from a financial standpoint... looks as though the kid from bolton did well.

Yes, but he could have earned a lot more if not for being a thick, classless chav.

He had the world on a plate when he turned professional.

jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2017, 09:18:18 PM »

Yes, but he could have earned a lot more if not for being a thick, classless chav.

His net worth is apparently 30 million dollars. I can't imagine many British boxers being worth that
Scarface
Executive Member

« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2017, 09:34:59 PM »

Thats what I mean - for someone as you describe, he has financial freedom at such a young age. 15 lifetimes worth.

Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2017, 10:21:45 PM »

Not sure why Brook doesn't just look elsewhere....he's hardly got the greatest cv and there's some big names out there for him.
LiveFight

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: