LiveFight
October 21, 2017, 05:43:56 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Klitschko ponders if AJ is simply the next "Bruno"  (Read 4821 times)
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2017, 05:55:04 PM »

What do you base this on? your talking about a world champion for almost ten years who knows how to frustrate opponents. Now you may well call it right its heavyweight boxing however the guy your saying will fold has a world championship record whilst Joshua hasn't really boxed anyone other than Whyte who caused him problems whilst not being fully fit.

I think its a really interesting fight and one I look forward to but its a hard bout to call IMO.

I base it on the fact that Wlad's been on the floor over 10 times during his career and because he's up against an ambitious young heavyweight who matches him for size. Wlad's lengthy reign owed more to the state of the division at the time. His size and professional approach helped keep him on top....didn't hurt that he was also allowed to get away with a lot of sketchy shit in terms of holding and other gamesmanship.

In this fight Joshua will go right after Wlad and he has the speed, size and power to do him rapid harm. Wlad wants a slow paced affair where he can peck poke and look to drop sneak bombs in. He's trying to get Joshua to think too much in there. To fight with caution and to take Wlad on in a tactical chess match. But I don't think Joshua will fall for that ploy. Attacking Wlad isn't really a problem because Wlad isn't a counter puncher. He just looks to hold and lean on. That is a problem for smaller heavyweights, but Joshua has the size and strength to combat that. And I do think that he'll be quicker on the trigger and do away with Wlad early.

LiveFight
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2017, 05:55:04 PM »

jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2017, 08:43:35 PM »

Wladimir left hook will put AJ in a dance I reckon. If AJ can get through it, he wins... he may well be stopped on his feet though.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2017, 09:16:09 PM »

Wladimir left hook will put AJ in a dance I reckon. If AJ can get through it, he wins... he may well be stopped on his feet though.

Wlad's left hook is his danger punch, but to land that he first has to lull them to sleep with the jab then sneak a hook in by surprise. And I really don't think it'll go that way. I don't think he'll get the slow paced, peck and poke encounter he likes.

Wlad doesn't counter and doesn't fight fire with fire if under attack, he's not a natural fighter like that. When under attack his eyes widen and he just looks to hold. Waiting on Wlad is where its dangerous, attacking him not so much. Sounds a contradiction but fighting with caution would be far more risky against Klitschko, who can pick his shots well if given time to think and set them up.

Joshua needs to come out assertively, but I expect he will and if he does then good things will happen for him. I just can't see Wlad blasting back at him. He hasn't got that kind of mentality.

The danger in this fight is if Joshua comes out with too much respect for Klitschko and Wlad does get to fight at his preferred tempo. But if Joshua comes out as he always has done then I think he'll get it done early and with minimal risk.

jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2017, 08:26:55 AM »

I think win or lose this is Wlad's last major fight. He may have a swan song in Germany as a farewell but that will be it

I think he is here for the biggest final pay day he can get. With 90,000 tickets and 20 a pop PPV with no decent undercard to speak of Hearn must have had to pay him a fortune to get him over here
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2017, 09:35:17 AM »

I know Klitschko has no killer-instinct... but he's got a wealth of experience and could surprise people with his appetite for this match-up.

We've all seen his shortcomings and frailities and are basing our forecast of this fight on those observations.

Whereas Joshua has shown little as a pro to be concerned about.. which is exactly what concerns me as an anorak.

Whyte shook him and there are numerous amateur fights he has been soundly outboxed and bashed from pillar to post.

Joshua might lack the rounds, the jab and the overall experience to put all his assets together and get the job done. If he goes into for the kill he could end up on his ass and in a world of trouble.
LiveFight
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2017, 09:35:17 AM »

jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2017, 10:40:18 AM »

I know Klitschko has no killer-instinct... but he's got a wealth of experience and could surprise people with his appetite for this match-up.

We've all seen his shortcomings and frailities and are basing our forecast of this fight on those observations.

Whereas Joshua has shown little as a pro to be concerned about.. which is exactly what concerns me as an anorak.

Whyte shook him and there are numerous amateur fights he has been soundly outboxed and bashed from pillar to post.

Joshua might lack the rounds, the jab and the overall experience to put all his assets together and get the job done. If he goes into for the kill he could end up on his ass and in a world of trouble.
I must admit I am basing my thoughts on the Wlad that turned up v Fury. If as I think this is his last hurrah, maybe he is putting everything into it and doesn't want his legacy to end with 2 defeats.
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2017, 11:58:07 AM »

Wlad's left hook is his danger punch, but to land that he first has to lull them to sleep with the jab then sneak a hook in by surprise. And I really don't think it'll go that way. I don't think he'll get the slow paced, peck and poke encounter he likes.

Wlad doesn't counter and doesn't fight fire with fire if under attack, he's not a natural fighter like that. When under attack his eyes widen and he just looks to hold. Waiting on Wlad is where its dangerous, attacking him not so much. Sounds a contradiction but fighting with caution would be far more risky against Klitschko, who can pick his shots well if given time to think and set them up.

Joshua needs to come out assertively, but I expect he will and if he does then good things will happen for him. I just can't see Wlad blasting back at him. He hasn't got that kind of mentality.

The danger in this fight is if Joshua comes out with too much respect for Klitschko and Wlad does get to fight at his preferred tempo. But if Joshua comes out as he always has done then I think he'll get it done early and with minimal risk.

Good post mate.
I think if AJ had another 10 fights as a pro at a decent level this could well be true, however I don't know if he's canny enough to execute a game plan against such a technically proficient boxer. I think he could get frustrated and take risks and forget his basics. I can see him getting caught on the way out with his tendency to go back in straight lines - normally he's done a lot of damage so his retreat doesn't matter.
If he does catch Wlad early though we could well see any fight evaporate from him quickly and see an early stoppage for AJ.
Bonters
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2017, 12:55:34 PM »

None of us yet know what AJ is capable of or what his frailties may prove to be.  Equally none of us really know what Wlad has left in the tank.  Which is what makes this a pretty fascinating fight, and almost impossible to predict.  My inkling is that AJ will be too young and strong for an ageing, possibly over-the-hill, Klitschko.  But I wouldn't want to put money on it.  A fight at HW with real interest and potential, and without the endless banal manufactured needle between the opponents.  Quite refreshing really!  I just hope nobody picks up an injury in training and pulls out  -  which is just another inkling of mine.   Wink
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2017, 02:21:26 PM »

Luke Campbell v Darleys Perez in an eliminatior for Linares' WBA title have been announced for the card now which isn't a bad fight.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2017, 02:27:34 PM »

Luke Campbell v Darleys Perez in an eliminatior for Linares' WBA title have been announced for the card now which isn't a bad fight.

Makes the 20 quid cost that little bit more worth while.
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2017, 03:32:21 PM »

Makes the 20 quid cost that little bit more worth while.

Or the 200 ticket where your sat in row z
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2017, 05:07:29 PM »

Or the 200 ticket where your sat in row z

No sympathy for anyone splashing that kinda cash to watch AJin a fight that's not really going to tell us anything.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2017, 09:25:14 AM »

Good post mate.
I think if AJ had another 10 fights as a pro at a decent level this could well be true, however I don't know if he's canny enough to execute a game plan against such a technically proficient boxer. I think he could get frustrated and take risks and forget his basics. I can see him getting caught on the way out with his tendency to go back in straight lines - normally he's done a lot of damage so his retreat doesn't matter.
If he does catch Wlad early though we could well see any fight evaporate from him quickly and see an early stoppage for AJ.

Joshua's inexperience is a concern and I don't think he's impervious himself, the Whyte fight proved he can be hit and hurt. But it also showed he can get down and scrap if its needed and Dillian is a natural instinctive battler, whereas Klitschko is more a programmed robot who gets discombobulated(f*ck me knew one day I'd get chance use that word...lol) if/when things don't follow his script.

Wlad can follow a plan very well if 'allowed' but he doesn't keep his composure if the opponent doesn't go along with the plan. We've seen him mentally and physically fall apart several times so Joshua will understand you have to shake him out of any comfort zone he's trying to create.

Joshua needs to come out aggressive(not reckless) but with plenty of feints, angles, and fast jabs. Keep Klitschko occupied and fretting, then the rest will follow from that. He doesn't want to 'try' and land bombs, loading up is a danger. But he won't have a problem getting home with big punches if he lets it flow off the feints, jabs and set up. He's faster than Klitschko and that speed will count if he just lets its flow. It sounds overly simplistic maybe....but to be honest I think it is a simple enough task fistically, so long as he's got his head on right and doesn't get side tracked by the occasion, event and level of achievement. This is where McCrackens very matter of fact, low key manner will be a bonus, its just another fight.
bigbibbs

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2017, 09:04:57 AM »

Vlad will take this fight past six rounds at a high pace. Frustrating with the jab, holding and running before going in for the kill.

Of course that depends on him not getting clipped prior.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2017, 09:50:52 AM »

Vlad will take this fight past six rounds at a high pace. Frustrating with the jab, holding and running before going in for the kill.

Of course that depends on him not getting clipped prior.

In a sentence.....No he won't.

He's never tried to fight at a high pace before so I don't see him trying to do that now against a young ambitious puncher who matches him for size but who certainly has more natural killer instinct.

Rather Klitschko would like to get Joshua to think too much in there to, to get Joshua to pause and slow his advance. That way Klitschko can try and get his jab going, not so much to land it necessarily...but to get into a fencing dual where he can have a good chance at landing a heavy right hand or the sneak left hook off the jab feint.

Klitschko won't fight fire with fire if Joshua comes out aggressive, rather he'll immediately look to tie up and nullify. Its what he's always done....its not a thought out plan, its simply his base instinct in that situation. We've seen it on many occasions in his career. Under attack his eyes widen, he's uncomfortable and he wants to nullify with clinching and leaning on. Now whilst I've never cared for seeing that...I don't overlook its effectiveness at times. That approach has served Wlad well, its kept him safe for most of his career and being leaned on and held by a guy as big as his is very tiring for the smaller heavyweights that Wlad feasted on during his time at the top.

But Joshua matches him for size and strength and so won't be mauled and clinched....not to mention the kind of stuff Wlad has gotten away with in Germany won't be tolerated at Wembley.

This comes down to who gets to zero in on the target with the big bomb first. Will Joshua get there with his speed, aggression and direct approach? Or will Wlad be able to stall, nullify and mess Joshua about enough till he finds an opportunity to drop a stealth bomb in?

I expect Joshua to get there first and with this being heavyweight boxing I think he'll get it done in decisive fashion. I hope we get to see a clean easy on the eye fight without clutching, holding etc....but I think we might a bit if ugly action till Joshua lands the punches required to make Wlad crumble. Either way I think Joshua wins inside 4 rounds.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 10:07:59 AM by lurkyshaka » Logged
LiveFight

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: