LiveFight
October 23, 2017, 03:03:35 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Klitschko ponders if AJ is simply the next "Bruno"  (Read 4842 times)
mooreman
Executive Member

The Sandman

« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2017, 01:50:25 AM »

If it goes beyond four I foresee AJ's arse falling out. He looked rigid and stressed against White when he began tire.

Like Red mentioned - I foresee Wlad coming out and trying to assume the middle of the ring and get Joshua on the back foot and use a dominant jab. Then see if he can avoid a big right hand and wear down Joshua.

Its hard to shake the Fury performance from my memory though.

I wonder is Wlad familiar from the sparring and this may help him adjust to AJ's weaponary.
LiveFight
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2017, 01:50:25 AM »

AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2017, 05:29:33 PM »

Thought this fight may have a bit more activity on here than it does?

People not buying the hype?

Team Groves
Bonters
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2017, 02:13:16 PM »

Thought this fight may have a bit more activity on here than it does?

People not buying the hype?

It's an interesting observation mucka.  I'm well interested in this fight and would've bought the PPV but I'm off to someone else's house instead.  Despite that, it doesn't have me fired up like I feel it should really.  I'm not sure if that's just my own general increasing apathy towards the sport or is it a widespread thing?  Of course, the 'casuals' as we call them, will still be there in numbers and they don't get involved in the finer debates such as this.  But nevertheless, a potentially inspirational HW fight is still only raising mediocre interest amongst the more knowledgeable fans.  And look when we had a new British HW champ and the prospect of him rematching Wlad in the near future  -  we were all pretty much yawning.  Strange times indeed
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2017, 02:26:36 PM »

I think the problem for the 'hardcore' fan is that they saw Wlad last time out not being able to pull the trigger against Fury.  Wlad is coming off a loss in what was a dull fight and whilst it is still an interesting fight, the Sky hype train is far ahead of what is actually on offer.
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2017, 03:18:49 PM »

I think its more to do with the forum being quiet..

Matty M's racist rants drove a few away
LiveFight
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2017, 03:18:49 PM »

Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2017, 08:02:04 PM »

I think its more to do with the forum being quiet..

Matty M's racist rants drove a few away

Forums in general all have less traffic as more people use social media platforms to interact, even then the days off Facebook pages/groups etc are on the decline.

A Slice of Life
bigbibbs

« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2017, 06:41:05 AM »

It's not getting me going like it should. That's because maybe we expect a quick blowout or a long drawn fight.
Then there is the undercard which doesn't even raise an eyebrow.
For me if Vladimir avoids a right before five he's a winner. Depends how much he rolls the dice, he has the tools to take aj out almost as easy as aj does him.
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2017, 07:19:24 AM »

The undercard is awful, as bad as I've seen on a big fight show.

Can the fight live up to the hype in reality? Personally I don't think Wladamir is capable of it doing so. He can either win which will likely be dull, or be blown away in what for a fight of this hype would be an anti climax.

I just can't see how it will be a great fight regardless of who wins. What it is being sold on is a Joshua win basically being one of the greatest wins in a boxing ring which I feel he has missed the boat on thanks to Fury.

Team Groves
TC

« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2017, 08:45:13 AM »

Not sure why, but you're right. I'm looking forward to it, but not in the same way as the big Hatton or Froch fights from years past.

I think for me it's because I don't really get excited by heavyweight fights. They're nearly always slow, dull grapplefests, and I've no idea why the general public are so obsessed with the division.

"Me: We"
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2017, 11:51:32 AM »

Not sure why, but you're right. I'm looking forward to it, but not in the same way as the big Hatton or Froch fights from years past.

I think for me it's because I don't really get excited by heavyweight fights. They're nearly always slow, dull grapplefests, and I've no idea why the general public are so obsessed with the division.

Think it's more the fact there's a good chance of a ko and it can come from either side that makes it exciting .

I personally prefer the lower weights as you do
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2017, 01:34:13 PM »

I dont know why, but I can hear the words "Oh no, Joshua is in big big trouble - AND ITS ALL OVER! The referee has stopped the fight and it was the right decision as he was completely open and could have been badly hurt." being screamed by Jim Watt.

"It was a bridge too far and too soon tonight for the young heavyweight. At 27 years old he can certainly come again. Maybe the occasion burned up his adrenaline and after looking for the KO in the opening rounds didn't happen, it left him fatigued and the experience of Wladimir closed the show. A great performance by Klitschko. Joshua has to go back and work on that fitness, it was alarming how much he struggled after the 5th round."

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2017, 01:39:17 PM »

Betfair are offering 4's on a Wlad KO and you can get 7's several places for him to win on points.  The price for the points win is slightly tempting in the event that Wlad could execute his jab and grab all night long.
glenn_user
Executive Member

« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2017, 03:12:20 PM »

being screamed by Jim Watt.

"Tony Thompson shocks the world!"

remember chuckling to that one in the first price fight. if johsua gets stopped there would be a few days of mourning from the s*y sports lackeys i would imagine.
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2017, 03:20:24 PM »

Betfair are offering 4's on a Wlad KO and you can get 7's several places for him to win on points.  The price for the points win is slightly tempting in the event that Wlad could execute his jab and grab all night long.

I'd love to see the first 30 seconds then place a bet.

I think we will gain a lot from a quick look... are there any sites that offer in-play on boxing ?
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2017, 03:24:05 PM »

I'd love to see the first 30 seconds then place a bet.

I think we will gain a lot from a quick look... are there any sites that offer in-play on boxing ?

I know Sky Bet does, not sure about the others but I'd imagine most of them would.
LiveFight

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: