LiveFight
October 18, 2017, 03:42:39 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Klitschko ponders if AJ is simply the next "Bruno"  (Read 4789 times)
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2017, 03:40:02 PM »

I'd love to see the first 30 seconds then place a bet.

I think we will gain a lot from a quick look... are there any sites that offer in-play on boxing ?
I've said something similar when people have asked me how I think it will go. If AJ gets on the front foot early I think it could be a early night. If Wlad gets the centre of the ring and gets his jab going I can see a long night for AJ
LiveFight
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2017, 03:40:02 PM »

Chris
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2017, 04:22:33 PM »

I think its more to do with the forum being quiet..

Matty M's racist rants drove a few away

I found Matty's new 'posts with a vengeance' hilarious. It's just words on a forum, take it with a pinch of salt and don't spit your dummy out. I love reading that nonsense and the arguments it creates, it's disappointing when a thread gets locked. 
Tuco
Executive Member

'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.' Tuco

« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2017, 08:49:15 PM »

I found Matty's new 'posts with a vengeance' hilarious. It's just words on a forum, take it with a pinch of salt and don't spit your dummy out. I love reading that nonsense and the arguments it creates, it's disappointing when a thread gets locked. 

You think it cool when black people get called ''apes''?

The thread was amusing to begin with but ended up getting really dark and directly racist. The fact that Matty was allowed to continue for so long, to freely write what ever racist shit he wanted made me think 'certain' people quietly shielded those views as well, so allowed it to continue. A week after the thread was locked he was still coming here.

Anyone remember Gul?  The excentric but harmless German dude who was banned for something he said about the scottish. It was actually a response to another member calling him a Kraut. Guls response was brilliant, one of the best comebacks ive seen in text, it was nothing more than banter. Yet He was Banned for it, undeservedly so. He was a bit of a pain in the arse (to some) but nothing more. Matty M's autistic infusions were allowed to play out well after he went down the path of out and out racism. It was weird to me why he was allowed to continue post after post. It left a really bad taste in the mouth.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 10:04:02 PM by Tuco » Logged
tweetstreet
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2017, 09:29:56 PM »

Just starting to watch bits and pieces of the build up now, Sky coverage is awful at times though.

Strange in the Joshua behind the ropes stuff they show quite a bit of his sparring and work with Mcracken a lot of fighters reveal nearly anything in those terms usually. Not that Klitchko would take much from it anyway given his experience.
It is obvious that Joshua is working in defending against the left hook though but that's going to be no secret to most on here.

The Jab will be key though I think and if Wlad can get his set I'm not sure Joshua can adjust in the fight or at least not quickly enough. Mcracken may have something up his sleeve mind as Froch worked intense;y on the combination that finished Groves and drew the mistake.

Out of interest is there much detail about gloves selection, ring size available yet?
Forest
Executive Member

« Reply #64 on: April 27, 2017, 10:00:15 AM »

You think it cool when black people get called ''apes''?

The thread was amusing to begin with but ended up getting really dark and directly racist. The fact that Matty was allowed to continue for so long, to freely write what ever racist shit he wanted made me think 'certain' people quietly shielded those views as well, so allowed it to continue. A week after the thread was locked he was still coming here.

Anyone remember Gul?  The excentric but harmless German dude who was banned for something he said about the scottish. It was actually a response to another member calling him a Kraut. Guls response was brilliant, one of the best comebacks ive seen in text, it was nothing more than banter. Yet He was Banned for it, undeservedly so. He was a bit of a pain in the arse (to some) but nothing more. Matty M's autistic infusions were allowed to play out well after he went down the path of out and out racism. It was weird to me why he was allowed to continue post after post. It left a really bad taste in the mouth.

I remember Gul! Those were t'days. But agree with what you said - it wasn't nice how long it went on for.

Anyway - can't call Saturday's fight. That is my opinion.
LiveFight
« Reply #64 on: April 27, 2017, 10:00:15 AM »

Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #65 on: April 27, 2017, 10:06:44 AM »

I dont take any offence to what people write on the net but i am hardly PC.

I always have a dig at the Welsh and Scottish, Though meet me in person i'm a lot different.

I sat with a taffy for the latest Crolla battle, There was no 'hate' as such, he knows his boxing and was a decent lad.

I dont call black folk apes however, and i think that is the difference.

If i was black i wouldnt want to post on a forum that allowed that sort of thing.

As for saturday im genuinly looking forward to it, which is a first for a Josh fight  Grin
Danny B

« Reply #66 on: April 27, 2017, 03:02:37 PM »

I've gone for Klit on points with Sky Bet. 7-1.

I don't know what it is with Joshua. I normally get behind any British fighter but because of all the furore around him I want him to lose to shut sky and all the fans who think he's unbelievable (despite not fighting anyone), up.
tweetstreet
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #67 on: April 27, 2017, 03:43:11 PM »

I dont take any offence to what people write on the net but i am hardly PC.

I always have a dig at the Welsh and Scottish, Though meet me in person i'm a lot different.

I sat with a taffy for the latest Crolla battle, There was no 'hate' as such, he knows his boxing and was a decent lad.

I dont call black folk apes however, and i think that is the difference.

If i was black i wouldnt want to post on a forum that allowed that sort of thing.

As for saturday im genuinly looking forward to it, which is a first for a Josh fight  Grin

You Sat next to one the other week at smith v Williams too mate but he knows F*ck all about boxing  Grin

I've seen a few people picking Wlad on points, including one of the lads at our gym who generally knows he stuff and study the fighters a bit too.

I'm picking Klitchko to win in the mid rounds, I'm not convinced on Joshua just yet although I'm much the same in that I can't take to him due to the Sky hype machine and that he just seems fake/rehearsed and not himself in all his interviews.

That BBC doco at least let him off the leash a tiny bit
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #68 on: April 28, 2017, 10:42:48 AM »

You Sat next to one the other week at smith v Williams too mate but he knows F*ck all about boxing  Grin

I've seen a few people picking Wlad on points, including one of the lads at our gym who generally knows he stuff and study the fighters a bit too.

I'm picking Klitchko to win in the mid rounds, I'm not convinced on Joshua just yet although I'm much the same in that I can't take to him due to the Sky hype machine and that he just seems fake/rehearsed and not himself in all his interviews.

That BBC doco at least let him off the leash a tiny bit

Got my nights mixed up and i was sober!!!!! it was Crolla the week before and i sat with good old English Folk then  Grin
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2017, 07:47:33 AM »

Going to be bold here and say Klitschko late stoppage which will probably mean AJ in a round

A Slice of Life
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2017, 01:02:02 PM »

Going to be bold here and say Klitschko late stoppage which will probably mean AJ in a round

I've been leaning this way as well
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2017, 01:18:54 PM »

Trust me fellas......this will be a smash and grab early triumph from Joshua and after the fight everyone will see that it was always going to end that way!

Wlad is chinny, always has been. Wlad isn't a natural fighter, he fights frightened.....now despite that(in fact partly because of it)he had a long reign. But that reign came against a very poor crop and mainly in front of friendly officials.

Fury took 'control' of him and their fights tactical set up.....and we saw that Klitschko couldn't do a damn thing with him. Now he's up against a genuine KO artist(and not an unskilled brute like a Sam Peter, but a fast handed puncher who is technically sharp but very aggressive)away from his stomping ground.

As long as Joshua isn't awed by the occasion and doesn't sit back and fight cautiously....then this fight is a straight forward blow out for him. He doesn't need to deviate from what has worked thus far, jab with intent, step in and smash this fella up. Klitschko will crumble both mentally and physially....just watch how he'll desperately be trying to clutch all wide eyed once he tastes a bit of aggression coming his way. Wouldn't surprise me to see Wlad 'look' for the floor to avoid punches, might not be clean KD's.

I don't think Joshua is impervious, but Wlad hasn't the fighting instincts required to 'counter punch' in the eye of the storm. Dillian Whyte caught Joshua because he had the balls to be swinging bombs himself whilst on the receiving end. Wlad hasn't got that kind of fighting spirit, he won't throw jack sh*t back if he's under attack.

If Joshua sits back and gives Wlad some time and space then there could be issues....but I don't see it. Joshua believes in his power, will get aggressive and will win by early stoppage.
Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2017, 02:02:03 PM »

So since Wlad came out with the USB prediction thing, I've noticed in following face offs and photo opps he's been holding up two fingers for the cameras. 70/1 on betfair for a round 2 KO in Klit's favour. Worth a couple of quid? Not that I believe this will happen but worth a small punt.

If AJ is good enough and adept enough to be able to move out of the way of Wlad's jab then I think it's likely to be an early night in AJ's favour. I can see Klitschko fencing his way through the first few rounds trying to establish his jab, which when timed properly is a pretty imposing weapon, and on it's own probably a more dangerous foe than anything AJ has seen so far as a pro.

As bad as Wlad was against Fury, you can't compare that fight to tonight as two completely different foes. Wlad had no clue what to do against Fury, not many fighters do but AJ is a totally different, altogether more athletic but equally more conventional fighter and I'm pretty sure Wlad has seen this kind of fighter before.

Is it not possible with them both having sparred together that they could really cancel each other out?

I agree the most likely outcome probably is AJ early as usual, but I don't totally discount many other possible outcomes in favour of either fighter. It depends really what Wlad turns up, and how this 'obsession' of his translates itself in the heat of battle when he's coming up against a young gun like AJ. We'll see how quickly that obsession subsides if he can't cope with the freshness of the guy in front of him tonight.

The hype surrounding it though is way overboard as it usually is these days. Wlad is plus 40 and coming off a horrific performance and AJ has superstar status despite his best win probably being against Dillian Whyte who hasn't advanced beyond British level himself yet.
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2017, 02:12:08 PM »

Let's go Kitschsko!!!!

Team Groves
Kevan2
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Doctor will see you now

« Reply #74 on: April 29, 2017, 04:17:12 PM »

I cant make my mind up, I'm in a pickle.

Klitschko win. Rounds 7 or 8

I still have the right to change my mind and probably will, several times.

Dear Santa, this year i have been a very good boy, well, nearly all year, well to be honest, you can hardly call it good, oh phuck it, never mind, i\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ll buy my own shit!!
LiveFight

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: