LiveFight
November 24, 2017, 04:22:10 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eubank Jnr....an observation  (Read 4242 times)
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2017, 01:48:35 PM »

If Eubank now has a rematch with BJS, who does everyone thing would win?

Eubank with ease. See if he stays at super mid or moves down...some decent fights for him at both weights tbh.
LiveFight
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2017, 01:48:35 PM »

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2017, 01:54:35 PM »

If Eubank now has a rematch with BJS, who does everyone thing would win?

Given how inactive he's been and how awful he looked last time out, I think it's a tough one to weigh up until BJS has had an outing under Booth.  On a side note,  wasn't his 'mega fight' meant to have been announced last week?
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2017, 06:45:37 PM »

Yeah but Eubank wasn't sparking people at 160 either. He's been beating them up over the long haul, but the impact from a single shot isn't there in the manner it would be if he was a proper banger.

He has plenty of upside....fast, athletic, good movement, very confident and his chin looks sound so far. But power isn't something he's been particularly blessed with. He's an average puncher, but he's spiteful with what he does have and certainly tries his best to take his opposition out. He'll just have to be careful not to get too gung ho against the better more dangerous opposition because he doesn't pack major heat.

I think his power can come if he was coached correctly he doesn't plant his feet just right and nor does he look to have the second shot every punch thrown as has been mentioned is loaded he also often looks tense in the ring every other aspect is there with the right coaching and the father out the way all the ingredients are there for a special fighter.

A Slice of Life
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2017, 07:53:15 PM »

The problem is that his style is predicated on posing rather than boxing effectively and there's no way he's going to be inclined to address the flaws he has unless he is badly knocked out.
Vlad The Impaler
V.I.P

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2017, 08:52:54 PM »

Heard he was calling out Degale on TalkSport today  Roll Eyes
LiveFight
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2017, 08:52:54 PM »

Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2017, 10:24:23 PM »

Heard he was calling out Degale on TalkSport today  Roll Eyes

I think that's a good fight tbh.
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2017, 04:32:52 AM »

Given how inactive he's been and how awful he looked last time out, I think it's a tough one to weigh up until BJS has had an outing under Booth.  On a side note,  wasn't his 'mega fight' meant to have been announced last week?

I think its been complicated by the fact that the WBO have called on him to now fight his mandatory. This is what W***** has now alluded to in his IFL interview yesterday
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2017, 08:44:56 AM »

I think his power can come if he was coached correctly he doesn't plant his feet just right and nor does he look to have the second shot every punch thrown as has been mentioned is loaded he also often looks tense in the ring every other aspect is there with the right coaching and the father out the way all the ingredients are there for a special fighter.

His power could perhaps be improved upon, but natural punchers don't need to have it coaxed out of them....its inate and natural. But what he does have could be maximised with the right technical advise, but he doesn't really listen anyway because he and his old man have that God complex. They had an excellent trainer with Adam Booth but he obviously couldn't deal with their attitude.

Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2017, 10:46:32 AM »

His power could perhaps be improved upon, but natural punchers don't need to have it coaxed out of them....its inate and natural. But what he does have could be maximised with the right technical advise, but he doesn't really listen anyway because he and his old man have that God complex. They had an excellent trainer with Adam Booth but he obviously couldn't deal with their attitude.

I think it's fair to say he could beat some of the top guys at super mid but will likely fail to achieve his full potential as he just doesn't listen.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2017, 11:04:09 AM »

I think it's fair to say he could beat some of the top guys at super mid but will likely fail to achieve his full potential as he just doesn't listen.

That's a bold statement given Eubank doesn't even hold a win over anyone above British level at Middleweight.  He's had the same amount of fights as DeGale and a couple less than Groves yet still hasn't even reached European level whereas the aforementioned have already engaged in multiple world title fights.  Paul Smith would still be a step up for Eubank now when Groves and DeGale were dealing with him inside 15 fights.
The_Answer
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2017, 11:16:28 AM »

That's a bold statement given Eubank doesn't even hold a win over anyone above British level at Middleweight.  He's had the same amount of fights as DeGale and a couple less than Groves yet still hasn't even reached European level whereas the aforementioned have already engaged in multiple world title fights.  Paul Smith would still be a step up for Eubank now when Groves and DeGale were dealing with him inside 15 fights.

That's not true he stopped Dmitry Chudinov in pretty dominant fashion who holds wins over Mehdi Bouadia and Patrick Nielsen. Neither are world beaters but solid European level fighters.

He also would have beaten Saunders if he didn't take the first half of the fight off posing.

Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2017, 11:17:42 AM »

Plenty of world title winning fighters have long lists of nobodies on their record before they make waves. Eubank can beat Degale and that's not because Eubank is the real deal but because Degale clearly is not.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2017, 11:26:03 AM »

That's not true he stopped Dmitry Chudinov in pretty dominant fashion who holds wins over Mehdi Bouadia and Patrick Nielsen. Neither are world beaters but solid European level fighters.

He also would have beaten Saunders if he didn't take the first half of the fight off posing.

In fairness, I think European level is difficult to quantify in this day and age due to the proliferation of fringe/regional titles.  However, I wouldn't really count any of those you mention as particularly above British level.

And I'm not having Saunders.  He'd have won the fight if he hadn't done the things that made him lose the fight isn't a valid argument.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2017, 11:28:31 AM »

Plenty of world title winning fighters have long lists of nobodies on their record before they make waves. Eubank can beat Degale and that's not because Eubank is the real deal but because Degale clearly is not.

I'm not saying he can't beat DeGale just that he hasn't produced anything to convince me that I'd favour him to do so.  DeGale still has wins over Dirrell and Bute and a respectable draw with Jack.  Eubank hasn't been anywhere near names of that caliber at any weight. 
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2017, 11:37:09 AM »

I'm not saying he can't beat DeGale just that he hasn't produced anything to convince me that I'd favour him to do so.  DeGale still has wins over Dirrell and Bute and a respectable draw with Jack.  Eubank hasn't been anywhere near names of that caliber at any weight. 

There's hardly any middle ground between Quinlan and the world champions at super mid though. I'd put good money that Eubank v Degale next would be a very competitive fight.
LiveFight

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: