LiveFight
December 12, 2017, 07:53:32 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 39   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mayweather v McGregor  (Read 35442 times)
Scarface
Executive Member

« on: February 14, 2017, 07:40:59 PM »

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/boxing/2017/02/14/conor-mcgregor-floyd-mayweather-boxing-match-terms/97886742/

Oh scrap that... The source is from "The Sun" FFS.

You need people like me ... You need people like me so you can point your fokking finger and say hey, dats the bad guy.
LiveFight
« on: February 14, 2017, 07:40:59 PM »

Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 10:10:05 PM »

Seen half a dozen articles today reporting that it's basically a done deal. I'm now half expecting it to be officially announced some time soon.

Be a mega event if it happens even though of course the contest itself is a foregone conclusion.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 11:32:20 PM »

This is genuinely looking like a real possibility. It's a complete joke of a fight but can't fault either guy as they are going to make an absolute fortune.
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 05:57:08 AM »

Be interesting to see who has the better lawyers out of Conor and the UFC.

Also be fun to see ticket prices.

Team Groves
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 08:43:05 AM »

McGregor all about the money here.

"Mayweather is the best boxer in the world and proved it tonight, let's now get in on in the Octogan."

*Mayweather laughs loudly*
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 08:43:05 AM »

GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 08:59:27 AM »

McGregor all about the money here.

"Mayweather is the best boxer in the world and proved it tonight, let's now get in on in the Octogan."

*Mayweather laughs loudly*

Before agreeing to a rematch...at WWE WrestleMania
Scarface
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2017, 11:03:37 AM »

Mayweather wins the fight.

Mcgregor wins the trash talking build up.

You need people like me ... You need people like me so you can point your fokking finger and say hey, dats the bad guy.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2017, 11:46:36 AM »

Mayweather wins the fight.

Mcgregor wins the trash talking build up.

Both win the dollar.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2017, 06:03:01 PM »

The problem is the fight is such a hideous mismatch that'll it'll be such an anti-climax for all those that will get sucked in by the hype. The gulf in ability levels will be insane. This is like a premiership side playing a Sunday pub team at Wembley.

I expect to see Mayweather carrying McGregor and showboating just to prolong proceedings and to try and justify the fight happening. The question is how spiteful will Mayweather be.....will he look to hurt McGregor or will he just look to have fun?

This is the greatest 'major event' mismatch in the history of the sport. It is simply a cash grab. Mayweather we know loves a dollar, and McGregor has realised that he'll never make the money in the UFC that he can with just one drubbing in a boxing ring, so he's cashing in now and will probably never fight again.

DLINKLA
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2017, 06:10:27 PM »

There is no way on earth that Mayweather knocks Connor out.

I'm just hoping Conor forgets it's boxing and knees Mayweather in the face.

"Stay Calm And Pass The Ball To Me" -- I'd Rather Walk Alone #19
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2017, 06:50:18 PM »

That's it....hopefully when it's all falling apart Conor will drop some leg kicks and put that clown to bed.
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2017, 07:40:03 PM »

The problem is the fight is such a hideous mismatch that'll it'll be such an anti-climax for all those that will get sucked in by the hype. The gulf in ability levels will be insane. This is like a premiership side playing a Sunday pub team at Wembley.

I expect to see Mayweather carrying McGregor and showboating just to prolong proceedings and to try and justify the fight happening. The question is how spiteful will Mayweather be.....will he look to hurt McGregor or will he just look to have fun?

This is the greatest 'major event' mismatch in the history of the sport. It is simply a cash grab. Mayweather we know loves a dollar, and McGregor has realised that he'll never make the money in the UFC that he can with just one drubbing in a boxing ring, so he's cashing in now and will probably never fight again.

I can't see Mayweather showboating, that's not really his style. I can however see him being extremely clinical, extremely masterful, and extremely vicious
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2017, 08:07:23 PM »

I still don't see how this happens. Mcgregor is ufc's biggest cash cow (especially with what happened to rousey). Why would they let him get shown up in a boxing ring when he has 4 fights left on his deal with them?
Tuco
Executive Member

'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.' Tuco

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2017, 09:04:09 PM »

I think he can stop Mcgregor late. Once Connor gases and starts fighting in slow motion it could be a brutal beat down if Mayweather decides to, assuming his hands hold up.  Easy fight for Mayweather, Connor hasn't a clue what he is in for.
This has to be Mayweathers ultimate cherry picked opponent.

There are alot of hurdles to overcome if this fight is to happen. I feel like this fight will fall at the last hurdle. The UFC.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 09:10:47 PM by Tuco » Logged
Scarface
Executive Member

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2017, 09:06:31 PM »

I still don't see how this happens. Mcgregor is ufc's biggest cash cow (especially with what happened to rousey). Why would they let him get shown up in a boxing ring when he has 4 fights left on his deal with them?

It might be a case of McGregor applying pressure on the UFC - if your not willing to pay me crazy money at least let me go and make it somewhere else. People are still going to want to watch him in the UFC - win or lose against mayweather.

In fact, the UFC will get more exposure from this than any other UFC event... possibly gaining new fans and greater PPV revenue in the future. The UFC and McGregor know that he wont be around forever.

LiveFight

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 39   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: