LiveFight
November 19, 2017, 03:22:44 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WBA now has one champion in eight divisons  (Read 554 times)
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« on: February 16, 2017, 07:57:49 AM »

WBA now has one champion in eight divisons

www.fightnews.com

WBA President Gilberto Jesus Mendoza said Wednesday at a press conference held in Panama City that the WBA now has eight divisions, out of the 17 existing in boxing, with a single champion. “Yesterday (February 14) Jason Sosa resigned his title so now Jezreel Corrales is the only super featherweight champion. His status remains super champion as is in the rules, but there not will be another champion in that division. So we have eight cleaned up divisions as we promised,” Mendoza said.

Mendoza stated he’ll continue to work on the remaining nine weight categories to achieve the goal of one champion per division. The next world title reduction will come March 18 in the middleweight division, unless Golovkin-Jacobs ends in a draw. Another title reduction fight was to have taken place February 25 between WBA super bantamweight super champion Guillermo Ringondeaux against interim champ Moses Flores, but that whole card was canceled due to an injury to main eventer James Kirkland. “As you see, it’s not simple because many things happen,” said Mendoza. “We assume our responsibility in this case, but I think we have been proceeding at a good pace.”

A tournament is already underway to determine a single WBA heavyweight champion.
LiveFight
« on: February 16, 2017, 07:57:49 AM »

Scarface
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 08:41:42 AM »

That's a step in the right direction.

You need people like me ... You need people like me so you can point your fokking finger and say hey, dats the bad guy.
Laney
V.I.P
Executive Member

Eddie Hearn fanclub

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 11:44:14 AM »

Shouldn't be applauded for mixing a mess they have created for £££

Entered the stadium on a bus, left looking like he'd just been hit by one.
Tito
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 08:06:58 PM »

Its like a Maccy Dees the WBA regular or super all the way   Grin

LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: