LiveFight
October 21, 2017, 05:50:39 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haye Vs Bellew Spoiler alert  (Read 3032 times)
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2017, 08:26:02 AM »

Let's get rational now the dust has settled.

Bellew did not 'win' , it was Haye who lost.

I didn't see a punch that made him fall over the bottom rope either.

Those who say 'well done Tony, you did it' - did what ? He looked more tired than Haye all the way through and his output was poor. Haye felt a few early but he looked solid at the end when had no choice but to eat the punches.

Personalities aside, that's how it played out for me and I had no favourites in the bout whatsoever.

this. It's like beating Steven Hawking in the long jump. Bellew crying was cringe.
LiveFight
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2017, 08:26:02 AM »

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2017, 08:39:52 AM »

I saw Coldwell saying that this was the best win of his career.  Aside from this being strange because virtually got a default victory against a man that couldn't stand up, it made me think that this is the second fight in a row where he's coached a guy at heavyweight who was blowing hard after four rounds.  For Bellew to have to take a round off at a point when Haye was static was quite laughable. 
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2017, 09:08:43 AM »

Let's get rational now the dust has settled.

Bellew did not 'win' , it was Haye who lost.

I didn't see a punch that made him fall over the bottom rope either.

Those who say 'well done Tony, you did it' - did what ? He looked more tired than Haye all the way through and his output was poor. Haye felt a few early but he looked solid at the end when had no choice but to eat the punches.

Personalities aside, that's how it played out for me and I had no favourites in the bout whatsoever.

Spot on.
How no one from Bellews team have referenced this is just weird.
Like yourself I didn't care who won, but wanted to see what Haye had left more than anything.
As far as offence goes he looked rusty but got his timing and boxing going from Rd 3 and looked to me like he would stop Bellew in 7 or so rds. He seemed to accept his original plan wasn't going to work and he actually needed to work his way towards the stoppage.
Bellew didn't seem to be able to put much of a dent in him even when hate had to sit on the ropes and take the shots.
In short Bellew did better than expected in first 3 rds, and Haye looked poor. However once the original plan was abandoned it looked ominous for Bellew.
On a side note Shane is turning in to Noel fielding more by the day.
Scarface
Executive Member

« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2017, 11:50:35 AM »

It seems strangely ironic that when a boxer fights on the back foot he is deemed to be running when he wins.  Though if a boxer is unable to stand up at all due to an unrelated boxing injury i.e haye or martinez... Credit goes to the opponent. Unusual sport sometimes.

You need people like me ... You need people like me so you can point your fokking finger and say hey, dats the bad guy.
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2017, 01:16:37 PM »

this. It's like beating Steven Hawking in the long jump. Bellew crying was cringe.

Very true...from the 5th round onwards, Bellew was effectively facing a physically disabled man and he still had to fight
LiveFight
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2017, 01:16:37 PM »

bigbibbs

« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2017, 01:58:42 PM »

I thought haye fought terribly he missed more times than I can remember.
But let's not forget WHY haye took the fight. It was because he thought it was an easy nights work like the last two chomps he fought.
son of bonters
Executive Member

« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2017, 02:09:27 PM »

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12040/10792520/david-haye-has-ruled-out-retirement-and-will-fight-again-says-carl-froch

I don't give a tuppenny F*ck about your moral conundrum, you meat-headed shitsack. That's more or less the thing.
tweetstreet
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2017, 02:39:51 PM »

I can't see it happening if I'm honest, if it really is a ruptured ligament thenfrom what I've read it's at least 6 months more like 9 months till fully recovered. So factor in he's got to regain some general fitness before a training camp he's not starting any sort of camp until 2018, tune-up fight, then another camp if a Bellew fight was signed = late summer 2018 for a what 38 year old injury prone David Haye, against a Bellew who may not even still be fighting.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2017, 02:56:51 PM »

Of Haye's last five scheduled scheduled fights he's pulled out of two with injuries and was seemingly injured before Saturday nights effort.  The other two featured opponents that he'd have still readily beaten with a ruptured achilles.  I can't see any way that fighting again is viable unless it involves knocking over guys of De Mori's caliber. 
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2017, 05:21:03 PM »

Haye has posted a pic on instagram with his leg in a rather large bandage according to the post he had surgery for a detached achilles tendon and will start rehabilitation work fairly quickly.

I agree with others once Haye changed tactics it looked like a late stoppage for win for him.

A Slice of Life
Vlad The Impaler
V.I.P

« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2017, 11:00:53 PM »

I saw Coldwell saying that this was the best win of his career.  Aside from this being strange because virtually got a default victory against a man that couldn't stand up, it made me think that this is the second fight in a row where he's coached a guy at heavyweight who was blowing hard after four rounds.  For Bellew to have to take a round off at a point when Haye was static was quite laughable. 

In Bellew's defence this was his first fight at HW, what was he, over 2 stone heavier than cruiserweight limit? I think that was to be expected. Plenty fighters gas when moving up in weight and heavyweight is going to have an exegarrated effect especially for somebody not used to being in the ring at that weight previously. He tried to finish Haye off and clearly emptied his tank. I seem to recall Barraso gassing after 4 or 5 rounds against Crolla.

With regards to Price, he's obviously campaigned at HW for a long time so he's not doing the work or just doesn't having the cardio capacity.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2017, 09:09:58 AM »

In Bellew's defence this was his first fight at HW, what was he, over 2 stone heavier than cruiserweight limit? I think that was to be expected. Plenty fighters gas when moving up in weight and heavyweight is going to have an exegarrated effect especially for somebody not used to being in the ring at that weight previously. He tried to finish Haye off and clearly emptied his tank. I seem to recall Barraso gassing after 4 or 5 rounds against Crolla.

With regards to Price, he's obviously campaigned at HW for a long time so he's not doing the work or just doesn't having the cardio capacity.

It's not that I'm unsympathetic to the additional weight but Bellew spent most of those rounds on the back foot, then threw a few shots and was virtually all in.
Bonters
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2017, 09:06:19 PM »

It does seem to me that Haye will always possess this hypnotic charisma which causes otherwise astute boxing critics to believe that he is capable of anything and that he is serious about boxing.  His comeback was on account of his missus rinsing him of a large portion of his accumulated wealth when she'd finally had enough of the prick.  He saw the opportunity to part fools from their money and in fairness, he's done an excellent job of it.  But that was pretty much it for him.  He is an eternal fraud and I was jubilant when he got beat, albeit I'm no real Bellew fan and the scouser was clearly campaigning at an unnatural weight. Haye is currently in it for absolutely nothing but the cash, albeit his body is clearly breaking up and not fit for purpose.  If he attempts to carry on, perhaps some folk will start to see through his charade, though by the looks of things, maybe they won't.  Bellew won, fair and square.  The manner of the win is relatively insignificant, given that this was just a freak show anyway and nothing to do with the sport of boxing.  Bellew said before the fight that he didn't even want to knock Haye out, but to force him to throw in the towel!  That is exactly what he did, by whatever means and albeit the Gods were favouring him on this occasion.  It serves no purpose at all to attempt to detract from his victory.  A win's a win, and in the desired and predicted fashion.   Wink
Havoc
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2017, 11:52:50 AM »

It does seem to me that Haye will always possess this hypnotic charisma which causes otherwise astute boxing critics to believe that he is capable of anything and that he is serious about boxing.  His comeback was on account of his missus rinsing him of a large portion of his accumulated wealth when she'd finally had enough of the prick.  He saw the opportunity to part fools from their money and in fairness, he's done an excellent job of it.  But that was pretty much it for him.  He is an eternal fraud and I was jubilant when he got beat, albeit I'm no real Bellew fan and the scouser was clearly campaigning at an unnatural weight. Haye is currently in it for absolutely nothing but the cash, albeit his body is clearly breaking up and not fit for purpose.  If he attempts to carry on, perhaps some folk will start to see through his charade, though by the looks of things, maybe they won't.  Bellew won, fair and square.  The manner of the win is relatively insignificant, given that this was just a freak show anyway and nothing to do with the sport of boxing.  Bellew said before the fight that he didn't even want to knock Haye out, but to force him to throw in the towel!  That is exactly what he did, by whatever means and albeit the Gods were favouring him on this occasion.  It serves no purpose at all to attempt to detract from his victory.  A win's a win, and in the desired and predicted fashion.   Wink

It think it is unfair to call Haye a fraud when he unified the cruiser weight division and beat legitimate champions on his way.

It's fair to say that his HW career has not been as successful but i dare say people would have also cussed him if he never moved up in weight.

To be fair to Haye, Bellew did not win, Haye lost due to his injury and the corner pulled him out. Bellew done better than expected but when you can't ko a disabled man i have to seriously question the abilities of Bellew.

I like Bellew and i will support him but lets have it right, he didn't beat Haye.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 12:22:46 PM by Havoc » Logged
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2017, 01:10:34 PM »

It think it is unfair to call Haye a fraud when he unified the cruiser weight division and beat legitimate champions on his way.

It's fair to say that his HW career has not been as successful but i dare say people would have also cussed him if he never moved up in weight.

To be fair to Haye, Bellew did not win, Haye lost due to his injury and the corner pulled him out. Bellew done better than expected but when you can't ko a disabled man i have to seriously question the abilities of Bellew.

I like Bellew and i will support him but lets have it right, he didn't beat Haye.

Bellew did this before in the rematch v Cleverly. He went twelve rounds with a guy who seemed to have only one functioning arm and still couldn't damage him.
LiveFight

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: