LiveFight
October 21, 2017, 08:22:23 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Golovkin - Jacobs 24/7  (Read 6565 times)
Kevan2
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Doctor will see you now

« Reply #120 on: March 22, 2017, 08:19:07 AM »

I'd like GGG to go for BJS next. The winner takes all the belts. Thats when they can have thier catch weight matches.

Dear Santa, this year i have been a very good boy, well, nearly all year, well to be honest, you can hardly call it good, oh phuck it, never mind, i\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ll buy my own shit!!
LiveFight
« Reply #120 on: March 22, 2017, 08:19:07 AM »

Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #121 on: March 22, 2017, 10:14:30 AM »

There is a vast difference between saying something and actually doing it. Despite what Golovkin may of said he has always fought at 160lb. Where as Canelo is actually fighting between 154 And 160lb. To my mind be is the one that is clearly ducking considering that golovkin has always said "I want all the belts at 160lb".

Thing is Golovkin hasn't ALWAYS said that. He was often claiming he'd fight Ward, Froch, Mayweather at their own weights.

The 'I want all the belts at 160lb' line didn't surface until he was presented offers by Ward for a fight at 168 and Alvarez at 155lb.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #122 on: March 22, 2017, 10:59:27 AM »

In all fairness mate you are talking out of your arse.....unifying titles is a big deal, total unification is a major achievement. To claim otherwise is ridiculous. The exact level of importance is debatable, but to say its "a pointless feat" is ludicrous.

We've been through this weight thing before....several years ago when Golovkin was on the outside looking in, Sanchez said that they'd be prepared to fight from 54-68. But now that he's the middleweight champion why on earth would he agree to defend his title outside of the weight class?? Especially considering it'd come against an opponent whose a natural middleweight himself?? Again its ludicrous and its detrimental to the sport.

Catchweights used to be used on occasion to enable superfights to happen between men with a genuine size differential. That's not the case with Alvarez. Call a spade a spade Tim......Golovkin wants the fight at the correct weight. Alvarez doesn't and his catchweight demands are simply a way to weasel out of the fight without actually coming out and saying it.

It's no bigger feat then dominating a division for a couple of years. Often unifying a division doesn't make financial sense for the boxer or the title organisations. Golovkin always claims 'this is business' but he's more or less hid behind this 'I want all the belts at 160' line since he was offered the Ward fight.

Unifying or Unihiding. Either way hes been afforded the opportunity that much better fighters have not....this is down to being in a pretty weak division surrounded by fighters with small fan bases. Love to see what he does when BJS ducks him.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #123 on: March 22, 2017, 11:33:20 AM »

I think your point is very fair...Ive listened to numerous interviews with Abel Sanchez on this whole Canelo at 155 that left me scratching my head. The basic theme goes like this:

1. Golovkin beats anyone he fights between 154-168
2. We're not fighting Canelo at 155. Golovkin is a 160 fighter.
3. If Canelo gives up his belt to Golovkin, then we can talk about fighting Canelo at 155

Mate, the above is why you are SPOT ON with your criticism. It's not even about trying to defend Canelo because he is just as bad for saying he's not ready for 160 then all of a sudden jumping to above 160, but GGG seems to be getting a pass despite him and his teams contradictions

GGG gets a pass because he's a decent bloke...always respectable. Imagine if he went on like Broner. I genuinely was well behind GGG, went to the Geale and Murray fights hoping to see how his career panned out. I though Murray would be the stepping stone to great things but if anything it's likely his best win to this day. Hopefully he can unify these belts and then he'll have to make good on his previous claims.
Scarface
Executive Member

« Reply #124 on: March 22, 2017, 12:18:11 PM »

Tim. The reason why so many place a big emphasise on unifying the titles is primarily to answer the question : "who is the best in that weightclass". Now by fighting Canelo at anything but 160lb will not provide the answer to that question in the middleweight division.

I'm not particularly interested in knowing who the best in the world is at a particular catchweight when two middleweights are facing each other. I am interested to see if a Middleweight can beat a super middleweight - and it makes perfect sense to have a catchweight in that situation. Smaller guy facing a bigger guy = meet in the middle (compromise). That equation doesn't apply to Canelo v GGG. 

I don't want to see Thurman v Spence at 154lb. There's no sense in seeing that.

You need people like me ... You need people like me so you can point your fokking finger and say hey, dats the bad guy.
LiveFight
« Reply #124 on: March 22, 2017, 12:18:11 PM »

Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #125 on: March 22, 2017, 12:28:57 PM »

Tim. The reason why so many place a big emphasise on unifying the titles is primarily to answer the question : "who is the best in that weightclass". Now by fighting Canelo at anything but 160lb will not provide the answer to that question in the middleweight division.

I'm not particularly interested in knowing who the best in the world is at a particular catchweight when two middleweights are facing each other. I am interested to see if a Middleweight can beat a super middleweight - and it makes perfect sense to have a catchweight in that situation. Smaller guy facing a bigger guy = meet in the middle (compromise). That equation doesn't apply to Canelo v GGG. 

I don't want to see Thurman v Spence at 154lb. There's no sense in seeing that.

That questions already been answered and can be answered without unifying all the belts regardless.

Can't imagine the result to be that different wether the fights at 155 or 160 tbh. Agree it should be at 160 but as said before it needs to happen and if 155lb is the only way then I don't really care.
legs

« Reply #126 on: March 22, 2017, 02:27:58 PM »

Tim - I think we both know GGG wouldnt beat Ward I look at it this way if Kolalev couldn't knock him out there is no chance GGG would.

It would be completely one sided UD for Ward or possibly a late stoppage depending how brutal Ward would choose to be he is far too big for him it would be a Brook v GGG II !!

Everyone wants to see Canelo v GGG at 160ibs and it has to happen this year whilst both are still on a winning streak.

I'd also like to see Ward v Kolalev II this year but not sure that will happen so i'd be happy to see Kolalev beat Stevenson up instead  Tongue
Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #127 on: March 22, 2017, 02:48:54 PM »

Hell of a discussion this lads fair play.

Bottom line for me, Canelo-Golovkin is probably the biggest fight for either of them to take at this point in their careers given how close they are in weight. So can an argument be made for the fight happening away from 160 without either fighter being physically compromised? Because I don't see it. It has to happen at middleweight.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #128 on: March 22, 2017, 03:01:30 PM »

Tim - I think we both know GGG wouldnt beat Ward I look at it this way if Kolalev couldn't knock him out there is no chance GGG would.

It would be completely one sided UD for Ward or possibly a late stoppage depending how brutal Ward would choose to be he is far too big for him it would be a Brook v GGG II !!

Everyone wants to see Canelo v GGG at 160ibs and it has to happen this year whilst both are still on a winning streak.

I'd also like to see Ward v Kolalev II this year but not sure that will happen so i'd be happy to see Kolalev beat Stevenson up instead  Tongue

O the Ward fight went way off the table the second he moved to light heavy, I'm just saying that it was offered and declined. TBH there's no point talking about Canelo v GGG just yet as Canelo has a difficult fight to get past and GGG looks set to fight BJS....I assume Canelo will fight Jacobs in the mean time so plenty could go wrong.
legs

« Reply #129 on: March 22, 2017, 03:22:49 PM »

O the Ward fight went way off the table the second he moved to light heavy, I'm just saying that it was offered and declined. TBH there's no point talking about Canelo v GGG just yet as Canelo has a difficult fight to get past and GGG looks set to fight BJS....I assume Canelo will fight Jacobs in the mean time so plenty could go wrong.

You can see why it was declined as Ward even at SM is too big and quick for pretty much everyone, I can only see Kolalev beating him around his weight.

Canelo will beat Chavez probably be a scorecard job but it would be good if he ko'd Chavez.

Jacobs v Canelo would also make an interesting fight as well be hard to call a winner but again it depends if Canelo wants it at 160ibs haha i'll stop now  Shocked
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #130 on: March 22, 2017, 03:52:55 PM »

You can see why it was declined as Ward even at SM is too big and quick for pretty much everyone, I can only see Kolalev beating him around his weight.

Canelo will beat Chavez probably be a scorecard job but it would be good if he ko'd Chavez.

Jacobs v Canelo would also make an interesting fight as well be hard to call a winner but again it depends if Canelo wants it at 160ibs haha i'll stop now  Shocked

It's clear Canelos capable of 160lb, I think even once he's had a fight at the weight we will see new issues as to why the fight can't be made....50/50 split will be a no go from Canelo and with him being able to make more cash elsewhere then Golovkin it makes sense. Something to discuss at a later date though.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #131 on: March 22, 2017, 05:39:55 PM »

It's no bigger feat then dominating a division for a couple of years. Often unifying a division doesn't make financial sense for the boxer or the title organisations. Golovkin always claims 'this is business' but he's more or less hid behind this 'I want all the belts at 160' line since he was offered the Ward fight.

Unifying or Unihiding. Either way hes been afforded the opportunity that much better fighters have not....this is down to being in a pretty weak division surrounded by fighters with small fan bases. Love to see what he does when BJS ducks him.

Well Golovkin has done both. He's bossed 160 and he's picking up all the belts. He's ran Alvarez right out of the weight class! Golovkin has been ready and willing to fight Alvarez for ages now, but till the red diva sprouts some balls then Golovkin is doing the right thing by picking up all the belts.

I can't believe you're insinuating/accusing Golovkin of 'hiding' when he's been holding things down at Middleweight while that little b*tch Alvarez plays his silly catchweight games......If you want to criticise Golovkin then you surely want to lynch Alvarez??
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #132 on: March 22, 2017, 10:50:50 PM »

Well Golovkin has done both. He's bossed 160 and he's picking up all the belts. He's ran Alvarez right out of the weight class! Golovkin has been ready and willing to fight Alvarez for ages now, but till the red diva sprouts some balls then Golovkin is doing the right thing by picking up all the belts.

I can't believe you're insinuating/accusing Golovkin of 'hiding' when he's been holding things down at Middleweight while that little b*tch Alvarez plays his silly catchweight games......If you want to criticise Golovkin then you surely want to lynch Alvarez??

Let's be fair Canelos cv is pretty solid and if I had to accuse one of them of hiding based on who they have actually thought it would be Golovkin. As I've said before they are as bad as each other....both have made claims they have failed to back up and both are in limbo waiting for a worth while fight. Just out of interest I've seen a lot of people complaint about Jacobs weight v GGG....what's stopping Alvarez from playing the same game?
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #133 on: March 23, 2017, 09:34:41 AM »

Canelo's CV isn't really all that bar Mayweather who was never going to do any damage to him.  A couple of wins over the shells of Mosley and Cotto aside, his best wins are Lara and Trout - hardly HoF worthy.  It's the defining fight for both of them at present and frustrating to see it turn into another Mayweather v Pacquiao soap opera.

I know it's largely pointless looking back to past era's for comparison, but Leonard came back from three years out to effectively move up from Welter and fight one of the best middleweights ever in Hagler.  By then he'd already racked up wins over prime Benitez, Duran and Hearns as well.  Nowadays it seems an easier prospect to negotiate peace in the Middle East than get two guys in the same weight class to fight sometimes.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #134 on: March 23, 2017, 10:43:43 AM »

Let's be fair Canelos cv is pretty solid and if I had to accuse one of them of hiding based on who they have actually thought it would be Golovkin. As I've said before they are as bad as each other....both have made claims they have failed to back up and both are in limbo waiting for a worth while fight. Just out of interest I've seen a lot of people complaint about Jacobs weight v GGG....what's stopping Alvarez from playing the same game?

This is the point....they aren't as bad as each other. Alvarez is quite clearly the one to blame and yet you're trying to lump them in together. Both held titles as middleweight. Golovkin then put himself into a position where Alvarez would have to face him or vacate the WBC title. And so Alvarez chose to vacate(a Mexican organisations title no less)rather than fight Golovkin.

That is a straight up f*cking duck whichever way its, sliced, diced, boiled, baked or fried!
LiveFight

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: