LiveFight
October 22, 2017, 08:52:25 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: parker v fury  (Read 2232 times)
glenn_user
Executive Member

« on: March 29, 2017, 03:58:26 PM »

peter fury got a visa after he was initially knocked back. should be an interesting fight.
LiveFight
« on: March 29, 2017, 03:58:26 PM »

jonjoe
V.I.P

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 04:46:41 AM »

Definitely looking forward to this one. For years I have heard about Hughie being the more technically gifted of the Fury's but I have been waiting for his career to come alive for some time now. Maybe being in Tyson's shadow has caused me to badly perceive a career progressing quite nicely on its own.

I reckon that he genuinely has a shot at taking the belt which will cause a further interesting stir in what is one of the most interesting divisions at the moment. At the moment we have a Top 4 of Wlad, Tyson, Joshua and Wilder which carries its own interesting narratives. On top of that there are quite a few beneath them in rankings that whilst being a bit more limited could get a hold of this WBO belt that has been doing the rounds since Fury vacated.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 08:22:10 AM »

This is an interesting fight where Hughie is very live.

Parker is a decent sized heavyweight who can bang, but he has his limitations as we saw against a skillful but ill conditioned fighter in Ruiz. The flaws exposed there would seem to show a potential path for a Fury victory.

Hughie hasn't shined up to yet in his career, but that could very well be down to health issues that have meant he's never operated at full strength in his career to date. But even if that is the case he's still won all his fights and has never looked unduly troubled. He just hasn't shone, looking capable but lacklustre.

I do get the feeling that there is much more to come from Hughie, and with the apparent health issues now under control we'll see that. He'll certainly need to show much more than he has upto yet to beat Parker...but there is a definite chance he's got that up his sleeve.

Its an intriguing fight where the winner will be a position to make some serious wedge.
glenn_user
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 10:51:42 AM »

hughie is a good boxer, wasnt he the first brit to win a gold at super heavy in the amateurs? and hes also 6 foot 6, bigger than parker. parker hits hard, but i think he looks a bit crude, and bit slow.

i think fury will out box him easily personally. looks like a really interesting fight still as parker has that power to watch out for.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 12:37:23 PM »

Fury has pulled out injured. They must be made of crisps in that family.
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 12:37:23 PM »

glenn_user
Executive Member

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 02:45:51 PM »

the fight was in two weeks, yet there was still talk of them trying to get it moved to the uk quite recently? the'd also claimed they'd be going out for a month to acclimatize (so 2 weeks ago). looks like they didnt fancy it in the end.
glenn_user
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2017, 08:11:38 PM »

http://www.hennessysports.com/news/statement-team-fury-hennessy-sports/

another injury apparently. yeah, possible i guess. but who would deal with them in the future following all this f***ing around? weird behaviour from the furies for some time now
tweetstreet
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2017, 08:28:48 PM »

And fury was Snapchatting yesterday with no indication if injury.

Between him and Tyson they're getting boring saying what they're going to do and not doing it. And I quite like the furys. I thought gypsies were fighting men Huh?
glenn_user
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2017, 08:43:32 PM »

its a shame because they're both very capable fighters, tysons got his issues which need understanding although i dont think the people around him (who are his family) are helping him at all and thats irrelevant to whether he fights again or not, he looks massive even by his previous standards and sounds ill and has done for some time. as a team they seemed to be going well and on course for some serious fights, but that was well over a year ago now it looks like there is something wrong somewhere.
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2017, 11:39:57 AM »

The thing is with the Fury's, Peter comes across as a very knowledgeable and genuine bloke.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2017, 11:53:08 AM »

Didn't they both fail drug tests?

Hughie been playing the game for years.....no shock he hasn't fought since.
Bonters
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2017, 02:19:50 PM »

And fury was Snapchatting yesterday with no indication if injury.

Between him and Tyson they're getting boring saying what they're going to do and not doing it. And I quite like the furys. I thought gypsies were fighting men Huh?

They're not though!  Not in the least.  They always want everybody to think they are but believe me they are lazy-arsed, bent, pathetic, lying fookers.  Bullies with endless threats but rarely do they ever back up their gobs.  They don't give it the big I am unless there's a good few of them together, believe me.  I cannot stand the cnuts, and I've dealt with plenty in my time
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2017, 03:19:36 PM »

They're not though!  Not in the least.  They always want everybody to think they are but believe me they are lazy-arsed, bent, pathetic, lying fookers.  Bullies with endless threats but rarely do they ever back up their gobs.  They don't give it the big I am unless there's a good few of them together, believe me.  I cannot stand the cnuts, and I've dealt with plenty in my time

Very PC of you old boy  Kiss
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2017, 06:27:54 PM »

After watching Parker today Hughie Fury must be kicking himself.
glenn_user
Executive Member

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2017, 09:31:16 PM »

After watching Parker today Hughie Fury must be kicking himself.

its an odd situation, i think they knew hughie had the beating of him but still didnt want to go down there even after signing the contract. its possible he is injured, but it all doesnt look or sit right. then they are claiming they spent 30k on immigration lawyers because they wanted the fight so much (but wanted the venue changed a few weeks before the fight). i cant even imagine how you could spend that amount on a visa issue, esp since it was solved with one letter from duco (parkers promoters).

'what david haye did to tyson was disgusting'. what theyve done to klitschko and now parker is basically the same if not arguably worse.
LiveFight

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: