LiveFight
October 18, 2017, 03:47:49 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mikkel Kessler announces return to the ring  (Read 2311 times)
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2017, 02:14:43 PM »

Its something to be respected Tim. Those mentioned weren't monsters but they are world class fighters. The vast majority of super-middles would kill to have his resume.

End of the day its fair to rate Kessler around the lower top 10 at 168 on the all time lists based on his achievements. He was obviously beatable, but a high quality operator nonetheless.

His win over Froch showed he's much better then those you have mentioned But beating those guys previous just isn't that amazing on the grand scale of things.
LiveFight
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2017, 02:14:43 PM »

lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2017, 05:51:56 PM »

His win over Froch showed he's much better then those you have mentioned But beating those guys previous just isn't that amazing on the grand scale of things.

That's why he's not rated higher....but those wins cement his place as a top 10 ish all time 68 pounder.

A fighters career is generally made up of wins, excellent wins and real defining fights. Kessler has plenty of wins, a few excellent wins and 3 definers where he went 1-3. A career and resume worthy of respect.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2017, 06:18:17 PM »

That's why he's not rated higher....but those wins cement his place as a top 10 ish all time 68 pounder.

A fighters career is generally made up of wins, excellent wins and real defining fights. Kessler has plenty of wins, a few excellent wins and 3 definers where he went 1-3. A career and resume worthy of respect.

So where do you rate Abraham, he's not to disimilar in those regards...lost on the bigger stage but beat plenty of world title holders.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2017, 08:45:07 PM »

So where do you rate Abraham, he's not to disimilar in those regards...lost on the bigger stage but beat plenty of world title holders.

Abraham didn't beat anywhere near the amount of titleholders as Kessler. Check the records mate. He was also very disappointing away from home comforts, while Kessler showed he could travel. I think Abraham clearly benefited from friendly officiating on a few occasions where he got away with fighting in sporadic bursts.

Kessler is a significantly better fighter at 168 than Abe was at 160.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2017, 06:22:49 PM »

Abraham didn't beat anywhere near the amount of titleholders as Kessler. Check the records mate. He was also very disappointing away from home comforts, while Kessler showed he could travel. I think Abraham clearly benefited from friendly officiating on a few occasions where he got away with fighting in sporadic bursts.

Kessler is a significantly better fighter at 168 than Abe was at 160.

Can't really separate them when it comes to quality of opponents beat bar Kessler win over froch.

I think Kessler was(maybe still is) a top 168lb fighter but I'm not sure his cv is that impressive. Still think he gives the current 168lb fighters nightmares but remains to be seen.
LiveFight
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2017, 06:22:49 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: