LiveFight
October 21, 2017, 05:44:04 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ricky Burns Vs Julius Indongo  (Read 2036 times)
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2017, 08:06:38 AM »

I really don't think Indongo looked that great, Burns was just pants. Any elite fighter would pick Indingo off all night in my view.

Happy for Indongo though, he's hardly from a boxing nation so hats off to him.

Team Groves
LiveFight
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2017, 08:06:38 AM »

Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2017, 01:37:08 PM »

Hae to say all the Sky comments about it being a brilliant performance from Indongo confused me a little as I saw nothing special at all from him. Burns just looked like he was surviving in there. The look on his face told me he was a bit intimidated by the size of the guy in front of him and he rarely looked to impose himself at all. I think Indongo made basic use of his obvious size advantage but little more than that really.

Highlight of the night as usual with a Burns fight was the anthem at the start. Unbelievable passion.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2017, 04:46:45 PM »

I thought the Scots fans came across poorly during the anthems with their booing on the Namibian one. Worse than some British fans generally I'd say.

And anyone that could find a single round for Burns should be out looking for the Holy Grail today. That 116-112 was criminal.
jorg21
Executive Member

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2017, 09:58:21 PM »

I thought the Scots fans came across poorly during the anthems with their booing on the Namibian one. Worse than some British fans generally I'd say.

And anyone that could find a single round for Burns should be out looking for the Holy Grail today. That 116-112 was criminal.

I was there last night and I can confirm we weren't booing the Namibian anthem we were just chanting Ricky's name, obviously would be good to respect the anthems but there was no booing, "Worse than some British fans" there's plenty of fights/sporting events where British fans have booed national anthems too so labelling Scots as the worst is bollocks.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 04:58:12 AM by jorg21 » Logged
Socrates
V.I.P
Executive Member

Happy Valenbirthiversary

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2017, 07:24:06 AM »

Amazing.

They weren't booing. They were saying BooUrns.

https://youtu.be/-Y2R01k4SXI

If you love something set it free. Unless it's a tiger.
LiveFight
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2017, 07:24:06 AM »

jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2017, 07:25:35 AM »

Amazing.

That's ace.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2017, 08:07:37 AM »

Amazing.

Brilliant.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2017, 08:14:53 AM »

I was there last night and I can confirm we weren't booing the Namibian anthem we were just chanting Ricky's name, obviously would be good to respect the anthems but there was no booing, "Worse than some British fans" there's plenty of fights/sporting events where British fans have booed national anthems too so labelling Scots as the worst is bollocks.

Come off it. Unless Joe Root was sat ringside they weren't chanting anyone's name.  I acknowledged that British fans have a tendency for idiocy but anyone with eyes and ears could see that there was a particularly high cretin quota there on Saturday night.
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2017, 08:16:46 AM »

http://www.bootshearingcare.com/hearing-aids/

For you Jorg love me  Kiss
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2017, 11:05:25 AM »

In a fortnights time their is a fight at wembley stadium where I am sure national anthems will be played I will look for you post first condemning any booing that takes place?

Ricky Burns has achieved so much with a limited skills set Indongo will give many fighters a tough nights work a truly elite fighter will overcome that by adapting Ricky unfortunately doesn't have that in his locker. I don't think Tony Sim is the right training for him and nor do I think light welter weight is the right weight for him. It was a poor poor performance and another disappointing night in front of a large crowd.

A Slice of Life
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2017, 11:08:10 AM »

In a fortnights time their is a fight at wembley stadium where I am sure national anthems will be played I will look for you post first condemning any booing that takes place?

Ricky Burns has achieved so much with a limited skills set Indongo will give many fighters a tough nights work a truly elite fighter will overcome that by adapting Ricky unfortunately doesn't have that in his locker. I don't think Tony Sim is the right training for him and nor do I think light welter weight is the right weight for him. It was a poor poor performance and another disappointing night in front of a large crowd.

I'm sure plenty on here will condem any booing. Most on here are aware that the ratio of idiots to decent people at Wembley will be heavily in favour of the idiot.

Team Groves
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2017, 11:25:59 AM »

Why the sensitivity and refusal to accept that there were a load of idiots there on Saturday?
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2017, 12:40:05 PM »

Why the sensitivity and refusal to accept that there were a load of idiots there on Saturday?

Why does booing a national anthem make you an idiot?

A Slice of Life
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2017, 12:56:27 PM »

Why does booing a national anthem make you an idiot?

If you have to ask the question I'm not sure that you'll understand the answer.
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2017, 01:00:30 PM »

If you have to ask the question I'm not sure that you'll understand the answer.

When you go to foreign countries its traditional to follow the local customs here in Scotland its a long standing tradition to boo the sporting opponents national anthem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFu8rOJuTmo

Please see above video as evidence of long standing tradition  Wink

A Slice of Life
LiveFight

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: