LiveFight
October 22, 2017, 09:54:15 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AJ-Klitschko The Full Card  (Read 4038 times)
motoriser
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2017, 10:33:42 PM »

I am Glad I paid for the fight.It was the most thrilling Heavyweight Championship fight in many years.4 knockdowns in totall,what more could fans want.AJ was taken into Deep Waters for the First time and came out stronger.He can only get better.Hopefully this is the Last time we need to remind anyone,that BOXING is not Dead.In fact 2017 is turning out to be the most exciting Year in Boxing since 1982.Yes since 1982,coz we have so many Great 50-50 fights and they have Lived up to the Hype and more.So we will Mark down the Day April 29th 2017,as a Great Night for the Sport of Boxing.

Southern Storm
LiveFight
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2017, 10:33:42 PM »

tweetstreet
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2017, 10:43:27 PM »

Well done AJ,  showed some serious balls there.  That said,  when Wlad had him down and Joshua's legs were gone,  Wlad went completely gun shy with his right again and seemed to be happy to sit back and jab his way to the cards. In reality, I think that cost him.

I'd love to see AJ v Fury next and Wlad v Wilder.   I still think Wlad has a big win in him after tonight and I think Wilder is there for the taking, he deserves to go out on top and I think he has one last fight in him.  That said,  with HBO and showtime showing that fight today,  Vegas would be screaming out to host AJ v Wilder and there will be a massive Brit invasion.

Yeah. Any believe Wlad went shy when he had him hurt in the 6th he lotterally only had to swing for the fences and he'd have won I think. Even more fuming that I had money on that round.

But all credit to AJ, can't work out if it's him or may groom or sky I can't take to but he's grown on me tonight especially post fight. Not quite follow him to Vegas stage yet but I just want to see some real AJ now please. He's passed a gut check.
dmp
Executive Member

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2017, 11:06:38 PM »

anyone giving fury any respect now for beating klit
great fight tonite tho
Forest
Executive Member

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2017, 11:28:43 PM »

Proper scrap. Probably look to McCraken for noticing Wlad coming out at the start of the mid rounds with bombs and getting Joshua to change tactic and get there first.

I had Joshua done and out of it in the 6th - thought he was gone but impressive as F*ck to come back. Did think the ref could have given Wlad a chance but as others have said, could have ended badly if he didn't.

Thought the after fight microphone bit was utter cringe from Joshua - and I'm one of the few on here that'll stick up for him!
unknown
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2017, 12:27:58 AM »

Russians got the fight up fast. (torrent)

https://rutracker.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=1667
LiveFight
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2017, 12:27:58 AM »

unknown
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2017, 12:40:19 AM »

ref did stop the fight early but number of knockdowns and the telling pushing back of the head against the ropes with the other fighter teeing off, no one  wants to see some one die in the ring so great refing imo, impressed with the calm methodology ref did to confirm kitschko was ready to return back (after the knock downs).

inspiring you can be as fit as that at post 40,  Grin
ChicagoFightFan

« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2017, 02:52:26 AM »

Liked the fight a lot. Thought Wlad might have deserved a chance to keep going, but I also don't like seeing inevitable knockout shots landed when they are almost there. Could have been devastating if they landed ... or he might have come back again like he did in the 5th. Have to protect fighters, no real issue with it.

Joshua is impressive. No homo, but I don't think that I have seen a fighter with bigger legs. On the flip side, I think the skinny legged Wilder might have more power. Really want to see that fight.

Don't think I really explained my feelings on the fight well at all. Did a bit of day drinking for this Uk evening event.

Essentially, Joshua looked superb. Think the ref saved Wlad from serious punishment. Wlad had no objections to the stoppage.

Still think Wilder has his number. Let's stop picking on the depressed, Tyson Fury.
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2017, 05:11:19 AM »

Not sure anyone thought that round 5 was possible, when klitschko does get hit decent he usually is done. It's amazing how even 68 fights in once somebody attacks with venom he at least looks feared to death. He has similar size to his brother but his chin is not in the same galaxy.

Joshua for me has serious stamina issues, and I think a few other younger and fresher heavyweights d have seen him off in the sixth/seventh round but fair play he survived.

The win will be blown out of proportion without any doubt. But I am more confident Fury would outbox and with the stamina issues maybe stop Joshua. This is if the best Fury can be achieved again now days.

Team Groves
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2017, 08:07:40 AM »

Cutting past the hype and just keeping it real.....Joshua fought the worst fight tactically that he possibly could.

Looking on the bright side, it meant the fight turned into a spectacle which will broaden his appeal to the casual sports fans. Those that shelled out PPV money will feel they got value for money.....and at the end of the day he won.

But the one danger I mentioned prior to the fight he did......he 'waited' on Wlad allowed him to get comfortable and all too often he was letting Wlad lead off and control the tempo.

When Joshua attacked, he had nothing to fear because Wlad simply does not counter punch. The danger was in waiting on Klitschko and giving him a chance to peck and poke with the jab and then look to thread the bombs through. Which we saw when Wlad put him over with the big right hand following on from the jab.

Joshua couldn't have been more compliant tactically and technically in giving the Wlad he wanted and needed.
He fought at range, couple punches at a time and rarely stepped in after an initial attack....when he should have been stepping in behind EVERY attack! When he did step in and backed himself he got things done.
He made that very hard work on himself, but every cloud has a silver lining and he will have learnt an awful lot in that fight that can stand him in good stead moving forward.

Tactically and technically he'll develop from the lessons learned last night......but physically his team need to rapidly address his conditioning and shift some of the totally uneccessary bulk he's carrying. Lugging around all that muscle adds nothing useful to his boxing, it just affects his stamina and slows him down. This isn't bodybuilding, this is boxing and muscle should always be 'functional and relevant' to the sport you're competing at. Hopefully lessons will have been learnt and we'll see a sleeker, more refined Joshua next time!

Wlad for his part earned my respect for the heart he showed, he did look for the floor on the first KD. But he got up and battled back showing more heart and desire than he ever has. His conditioning was superb really, his legs never failed him in there, even in what turned out to be the final round his fitness was still there. The obsession he talked about prior he proved to be true. He didn't win, but he meant what he said and was hell bent on trying to regain the heavyweight championship.....he should retire now, he's got more money that he'll ever need but on that form he's certainly not past it physically and there will be interest in seeing him fight again. Be interesting to see what he does next.
AndyE
V.I.P

« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2017, 08:40:09 AM »

HBO are happy:

Max Kellerman reaciton
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 08:42:02 AM by AndyE » Logged

Proud member since 2009 - just never posts!
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2017, 02:05:23 PM »

Cutting past the hype and just keeping it real.....Joshua fought the worst fight tactically that he possibly could.

Looking on the bright side, it meant the fight turned into a spectacle which will broaden his appeal to the casual sports fans. Those that shelled out PPV money will feel they got value for money.....and at the end of the day he won.

But the one danger I mentioned prior to the fight he did......he 'waited' on Wlad allowed him to get comfortable and all too often he was letting Wlad lead off and control the tempo.

When Joshua attacked, he had nothing to fear because Wlad simply does not counter punch. The danger was in waiting on Klitschko and giving him a chance to peck and poke with the jab and then look to thread the bombs through. Which we saw when Wlad put him over with the big right hand following on from the jab.

Joshua couldn't have been more compliant tactically and technically in giving the Wlad he wanted and needed.
He fought at range, couple punches at a time and rarely stepped in after an initial attack....when he should have been stepping in behind EVERY attack! When he did step in and backed himself he got things done.
He made that very hard work on himself, but every cloud has a silver lining and he will have learnt an awful lot in that fight that can stand him in good stead moving forward.

Tactically and technically he'll develop from the lessons learned last night......but physically his team need to rapidly address his conditioning and shift some of the totally uneccessary bulk he's carrying. Lugging around all that muscle adds nothing useful to his boxing, it just affects his stamina and slows him down. This isn't bodybuilding, this is boxing and muscle should always be 'functional and relevant' to the sport you're competing at. Hopefully lessons will have been learnt and we'll see a sleeker, more refined Joshua next time!

Wlad for his part earned my respect for the heart he showed, he did look for the floor on the first KD. But he got up and battled back showing more heart and desire than he ever has. His conditioning was superb really, his legs never failed him in there, even in what turned out to be the final round his fitness was still there. The obsession he talked about prior he proved to be true. He didn't win, but he meant what he said and was hell bent on trying to regain the heavyweight championship.....he should retire now, he's got more money that he'll ever need but on that form he's certainly not past it physically and there will be interest in seeing him fight again. Be interesting to see what he does next.

FANTASTIC analysis...couldn't agree more
ChicagoFightFan

« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2017, 02:35:27 PM »

Really well said.
Kevan2
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Doctor will see you now

« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2017, 02:48:44 PM »

Fantastic. Thank you kevan2. You made my day.
Grin

Dear Santa, this year i have been a very good boy, well, nearly all year, well to be honest, you can hardly call it good, oh phuck it, never mind, i\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ll buy my own shit!!
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2017, 04:22:17 PM »

I knew Joshua's tank would run empty.... I just didn't realise he had a small, concealed emergency tank !

Wlad has bored the world aplenty over the years, but last night he came and brought his A-game and should leave on a high note like last night.

AJ found the shots and closed the show.

In closing, I think AJ fought a far more hungry & determined Klitschko than Fury faced.

I'd still lean towards Fury pecking away at AJ for a points win, but be interesting if he got caught with a few heavy shots and put over.
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2017, 04:38:34 PM »

I knew Joshua's tank would run empty.... I just didn't realise he had a small, concealed emergency tank !

Wlad has bored the world aplenty over the years, but last night he came and brought his A-game and should leave on a high note like last night.

AJ found the shots and closed the show.

In closing, I think AJ fought a far more hungry & determined Klitschko than Fury faced.

I'd still lean towards Fury pecking away at AJ for a points win, but be interesting if he got caught with a few heavy shots and put over.

In contrast to that though, if Joshua's tank ran as close to empty as it did last night vs Fury I think he's waking up the next day on the back of a KO loss. He could barely hold himself upright last night at points.

Wlads concern at being hit cost him that fight when he had the chance to take it.

Team Groves
LiveFight

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: