LiveFight
October 17, 2017, 01:54:13 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AJ-Klitschko The Full Card  (Read 3981 times)
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2017, 08:06:50 PM »

Just got around to watching the fight I listened to it on 5 Live last night. The difference in commentary is staggering almost as if t isn't the same fight. The quality of the sky commentary is amateurish in comparison.
LiveFight
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2017, 08:06:50 PM »

jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2017, 09:03:04 PM »

I knew Joshua's tank would run empty.... I just didn't realise he had a small, concealed emergency tank !

Wlad has bored the world aplenty over the years, but last night he came and brought his A-game and should leave on a high note like last night.

AJ found the shots and closed the show.

In closing, I think AJ fought a far more hungry & determined Klitschko than Fury faced.

I'd still lean towards Fury pecking away at AJ for a points win, but be interesting if he got caught with a few heavy shots and put over.

I agree.
I think it also showed that wlad fought that way for years because he could.
Only now at 41 is he being pushed in to fighting he showed the heart that most people thought he didn't have.
I know AJ fought a poor tactical fight, and he'll develop from it. However what stuck out after the fight was how good WK has been, and I would doubt the version from 5 years ago drops more than a couple of rds in this contest.
That said go 2 years in to the future and we may well see a version of AJ much better than we saw.

Top fight and brilliant performance by both for lots of different reasons.
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2017, 11:52:31 PM »

A lot of guys saying In the future AJ may be better. For me his style is one of those that lends itself well to youth.

The older he gets the slower he will become and that for me would finish him.

Team Groves
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2017, 08:14:08 AM »

Anyone want this rematch to happen?

Ruling out a Fury return I think it's the best fight out there for both.
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2017, 09:56:05 AM »

Agreed
LiveFight
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2017, 09:56:05 AM »

The Flaccid Member
V.I.P

« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2017, 09:58:47 AM »

Was Don Trella's guide dog doing the scoring for him? 96 : 93 in favour of AJ going into the 11th !
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2017, 12:15:12 PM »

Was Don Trella's guide dog doing the scoring for him? 96 : 93 in favour of AJ going into the 11th !

Tbf I didn't even score the fight as was certain it wouldn't go to a decision. Almost did mind.
ChicagoFightFan

« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2017, 03:02:23 PM »

Yes, let's watch him fight a fat, depressed pugilist who has made a name for himself by essentially spoiling fights. In seriousness, I think Fury is more likely to commit suicide than actually step between the ropes again. Feel he should just be left alone for a while.

See him fight Wlad again? I don't see the point in having him refight someone who appeared to turn back time, reinvent himself, and still come up short. Good effort by Wlad, but I feel he deserves retirement.

Or, he can fight someone of even height and arguably more power. I liked the fight with Wlad, but honestly think Wilder bangs him out. Joshua is about as mobile as an oil tanker. He has an insanely impressive physique, but it doesn't equate to insanely impressive power.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 03:06:52 PM by ChicagoFightFan » Logged
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2017, 04:07:45 PM »

Wilder punches like a man trying to fend off a swarm of bees. AJ would take him out with straight punches. AJ still has a lot of room for improvement but Wilder is miles behind him for someone that turned pro four years earlier.
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2017, 04:43:46 PM »

Yes, let's watch him fight a fat, depressed pugilist who has made a name for himself by essentially spoiling fights. In seriousness, I think Fury is more likely to commit suicide than actually step between the ropes again. Feel he should just be left alone for a while.

See him fight Wlad again? I don't see the point in having him refight someone who appeared to turn back time, reinvent himself, and still come up short. Good effort by Wlad, but I feel he deserves retirement.

Or, he can fight someone of even height and arguably more power. I liked the fight with Wlad, but honestly think Wilder bangs him out. Joshua is about as mobile as an oil tanker. He has an insanely impressive physique, but it doesn't equate to insanely impressive power.

Agree with some of that mate... however Wilder is absolute dog shit.
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2017, 04:44:59 PM »

Wilder punches like a man trying to fend off a swarm of bees. AJ would take him out with straight punches. AJ still has a lot of room for improvement but Wilder is miles behind him for someone that turned pro four years earlier.

Agree completely. Wilder is complete crap, great description with the bees!
Kevan2
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Doctor will see you now

« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2017, 04:47:49 PM »

About to watch it again but this time in HD. Be back soon..........

Dear Santa, this year i have been a very good boy, well, nearly all year, well to be honest, you can hardly call it good, oh phuck it, never mind, i\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ll buy my own shit!!
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2017, 05:47:46 PM »

In a change of topic slightly. A good fight but has Quigg ever looked more like a Gallagher fighter than Saturday? It was obvious he had no respect for the other guys power but he got hit way too much. One things for sure his jaw is fixed. Good fight though, enjoyed that one.

Team Groves
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2017, 07:11:24 PM »

A suicidal Fury or death bed Wlad are heaps better then Wilder. What a shite post.
ChicagoFightFan

« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2017, 01:03:14 AM »

A suicidal Fury or death bed Wlad are heaps better then Wilder. What a shite post.

Brilliantly stated. Packed full of evidence.

Can't stand dealing with dimwits who resort to profanity to compensate for their lack of communication skills. Pick up a thesaurus you dullard. 
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 01:22:01 AM by ChicagoFightFan » Logged
LiveFight

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: