LiveFight
October 18, 2017, 03:44:41 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AJ-Klitschko The Full Card  (Read 3997 times)
ChicagoFightFan

« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2017, 01:55:19 AM »

Wilder punches like a man trying to fend off a swarm of bees. AJ would take him out with straight punches. AJ still has a lot of room for improvement but Wilder is miles behind him for someone that turned pro four years earlier.

Bee swatter or not, he has knocked out every one of his opponents but one. He is doing something right.

Let's also not forget that Wilder won bronze with less than two years of experience, so there is a learning curve for him as well. He has physical gifts, but he needs polishing. The whole "Wilder is crap" write off from a lot of the posters on here is ridiculous. He may not be everyone's cup of tea, but he is much better than people are giving him credit for. I see them engaging in a slug fest and in a fight like that, I like Wilder's chances.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 02:02:23 AM by ChicagoFightFan » Logged
LiveFight
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2017, 01:55:19 AM »

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2017, 09:07:44 AM »

Bee swatter or not, he has knocked out every one of his opponents but one. He is doing something right.

Let's also not forget that Wilder won bronze with less than two years of experience, so there is a learning curve for him as well. He has physical gifts, but he needs polishing. The whole "Wilder is crap" write off from a lot of the posters on here is ridiculous. He may not be everyone's cup of tea, but he is much better than people are giving him credit for. I see them engaging in a slug fest and in a fight like that, I like Wilder's chances.

With nearly 40 pro fights under his belt I'm not sure that Wilder can become any more accomplished given that lack of development he's shown to date.  After Saturday night, AJ now has twice the experience of Wilder in half the fights.

In terms of power, I'd slot him behind AJ.  There's no way either Duhaupas or Szpilka make it into the second half of the fight against Joshua and we've seen how they both dealt with Molina. 
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2017, 10:39:57 AM »

Wilder aint the best heavy by a long stretch.

But I like the guy, he's fun and I like the backstory with his daughter etc.

He can punch feckin hard and can actually box a bit when he wants to (Stiverne).

I have no issue with AJ vs DW at madison square garden.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2017, 03:02:30 PM »

Brilliantly stated. Packed full of evidence.

Can't stand dealing with dimwits who resort to profanity to compensate for their lack of communication skills. Pick up a thesaurus you dullard. 

Sorry I gave you too much credit, assumed you'd have take a second look at Wilder cv and realise that it's dull reading in comparison to the likes of Fury and Wlad who are both much more dangerous opposition to AJ in whatever state they turn up in.

Again sorry for assuming you had a clue.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2017, 03:54:53 PM »

I think Wilder is a genuine threat to them all because of his power and willingness to engage. He's quick and powerful so can't be taken lightly.

However he's also ridiculously raw, is full of holes technically and you'd expect him to come a cropper sooner rather than later.....He makes for exciting fights against his peers but he will not be the last man standing. But I'd like to see him against either Joshua, Parker, Klitschko or even Bellew next!
LiveFight
« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2017, 03:54:53 PM »

Forest
Executive Member

« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2017, 05:08:08 PM »

Or, he can fight someone of even height and arguably more power. I liked the fight with Wlad, but honestly think Wilder bangs him out. Joshua is about as mobile as an oil tanker. He has an insanely impressive physique, but it doesn't equate to insanely impressive power.

Don't see how AJ's power can be questioned? It's been pretty much confirmed in every fight he's had and I'd say is more demonstrable than Wilder's.
ChicagoFightFan

« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2017, 01:47:51 AM »

Sorry I gave you too much credit, assumed you'd have take a second look at Wilder cv and realise that it's dull reading in comparison to the likes of Fury and Wlad who are both much more dangerous opposition to AJ in whatever state they turn up in.

Again sorry for assuming you had a clue.

In fairness, your post was just the last of a few posts attacking Wilder in extremely simple terms. Suppose you unfairly caught the full brunt of my frustration, but the point remains the same. Hope it is water off of a duck's back. It certainly is on my part. I suppose that's my form of an apology.

With regard to those questioning my doubt of AJ's power when compared to Wilder, I think it just comes down to Wlad's history of crumbling against big punchers. I think many in the boxing world are asking the fair question of whether Wlad's chin has improved, or if AJ's power is a bit suspect. For me, I think the majority of the punches that landed on Wlad were clubbing and cumulative. Whereas, AJ seemed susceptible to straight shots. I found it ironic that another poster felt AJ would win with straight shots. Just wasn't what I saw.

On opposite sides of the pond, we have equally flawed heavyweights. I think the smart money would be on AJ if they fought, but I personally believe that the type of fight that they would likely exchange in would favor Wilder.

Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2017, 11:58:32 AM »

In fairness, your post was just the last of a few posts attacking Wilder in extremely simple terms. Suppose you unfairly caught the full brunt of my frustration, but the point remains the same. Hope it is water off of a duck's back. It certainly is on my part. I suppose that's my form of an apology.

With regard to those questioning my doubt of AJ's power when compared to Wilder, I think it just comes down to Wlad's history of crumbling against big punchers. I think many in the boxing world are asking the fair question of whether Wlad's chin has improved, or if AJ's power is a bit suspect. For me, I think the majority of the punches that landed on Wlad were clubbing and cumulative. Whereas, AJ seemed susceptible to straight shots. I found it ironic that another poster felt AJ would win with straight shots. Just wasn't what I saw.

On opposite sides of the pond, we have equally flawed heavyweights. I think the smart money would be on AJ if they fought, but I personally believe that the type of fight that they would likely exchange in would favor Wilder.

If we are going to be sensible (not my strong point) then you can't ignore the fact that Wilder could hurt AJ badly. Also Wilder brings that WWE style confidence that sells to the general public.

But before that fight can even be signed Wlad will have to decide if he wants the rematch and after coming so close to beating AJ I think he'd be daft not to take it, especially when it can sell so many tickets.

Ultimately the big fight is against a fit and active Fury.
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2017, 03:13:31 PM »

looks like a rematch on the 28th Of October at the millennium stadium

A Slice of Life
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2017, 03:23:20 PM »

Should be easy money for AJ.  Another 6 months on Wlad's clock and the opportunity to iron out a few flaws with McCracken.
LiveFight

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: