LiveFight
December 16, 2017, 11:09:12 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you more of a fan of AJ, Klitschko or both after Saturday ?  (Read 1841 times)
Kevan2
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Doctor will see you now

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2017, 11:43:04 AM »

Both fighters had thier stock rise. Both put on a show both tried to end the fight. No compliants from me. I didnt think Wlad had a fight like that in him and i was shocked how AJ got his 2nd wind and went on to finish the fight off. I honestly did not think AJ could do 12 rounds.... i had him down as a 6 round fighter who would fold up like a deck chair under extreme pressure. I was wrong. Again. I like being wrong.Yes i am now a fan of both and would love to see a rematch.

Dear Santa, this year i have been a very good boy, well, nearly all year, well to be honest, you can hardly call it good, oh phuck it, never mind, i\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ll buy my own shit!!
LiveFight
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2017, 11:43:04 AM »

Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2017, 07:57:52 PM »

Don't really see how anybody couldn't be more of a fan of both after what they went through together last weekend.
Gadje

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2017, 12:15:35 AM »

Joshua is no Frank Bruno that is for sure. I thought he might be, WTF do I know . Joshua won the first four rounds I thought, although it was close I saw no reason to score them for Wlad, the best heavyweight boxer of the last decade. After that round it was a compelling battle, what casuals and boxing fans alike look for - size of heart and neither fighter disappointed.
McCracken, I reckon was why Wlads left hook was never a feature in the fight. Wlad threw it with abandon from the fifth, yet Joshua saw it constantly. Some right hands got through but Wlad's left hook is his killer punch and Joshua saw it. That impressed me a lot.
We have a real fighter here with Joshua. Bit raw still but potentially one to follow.

Wlad well it's a mixed bag. I read someone saying he would have taken out Joshua as a young man. Nah, prior to Manny I reckon Joshua would have taken him out quicker. Five or so years ago when he was still in his prime, yes he could beat this Joshua.
Been a while since such exciting times in the glamour division.

@Chicagofightfan. I respect your opinion from your previous posts a lot but surely you can't see Wilder's big punch as being enough to remain at the top for long. He is the Dennis Andries of the heavies. Crude , open and sloppy with a big punch ....that's it.
I liked watching Andries back in the day and enjoy watching Wilder. Andries fronted Boxing News and other Boxing Monthly publications of the time but best of the division he and in his footsteps Wilder will never be.
PS  Bellew isn't a Tommy Hearns. Not that that needs said.
wbamitch

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2017, 02:40:49 PM »

I must admit I've come to like both guys a lot more since Saturday.

First up with AJ, I have felt his career and Olympic win were a bit of a facade to some extent - along with his manicured media personality, there was something missing or suspect for me.

But after Saturday, yes he does have shortcomings but he has a huge heart and a killer instinct inside of him.

Wladimir has always been an interesting and intelligent man outside the ring, but too cautious and chess-like inside the ring. His performances seemed extremely well planned and almost choreography like.

But he threw that off and went for it like a true fighter on Saturday night against one of the biggest puncher's he has faced. He almost did it and managed to drop, hurt and outbox the young champion for large spells.

Feel that's a really good assessment, found myself wanting Klitschko to get the win as the fight went on, can't help but warm to the guy and the comeback. I do feel like he should have taken out an absolutely exhausted Joshua who really did look out of the fight both physically and mentally. As I said on the night it still grates me that Josh was ahead on the cards but fairplay to him he got the job done in the end. Not sure what I want for both fighters next, a rematch makes sense and although there was a great opportunity passed by Klitschko in the fight again I would favour Joshua strongly to make it 3 successive defeats. Klitschko still provides a challenge for all the heavyweights, a Wilder fight wouldn't be a bad shout either to bring real comparisons to him and Joshua. Let's face it Bellew would be a step up for Wilder at the moment.
LiveFight

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: