LiveFight
October 21, 2017, 08:23:55 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Liam Walsh v Gervonta Davis  (Read 1623 times)
legs

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2017, 09:49:14 PM »

Walsh was out of his depth but let's see Davis get in with Lomachenko no doubt Floyd won't go near that.
LiveFight
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2017, 09:49:14 PM »

jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2017, 10:41:33 PM »

How do you even ask for a haircut like Paul Dempsey's? It verges on the logistically impossible.

Grin
Alvy
V.I.P

Alvy
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2017, 07:47:57 AM »

Levels in Boxing. How many times have we seen it? Can't help but feel bad for Walsh. He's a wonderful fighter but just couldn't shine when his big chance came. Unfortunately for him, he came up against a superior talent.
Fair play to Davis. I've only seen his last two fights but he looks the part. A wonderful addition to a stacked Junior Lightweight division. Will be interesting to see just how far he can go.
Finally, I don't see how team Walsh can have any complaints with the stoppage. I totally agree with Steve Bunce. When Liam got up after the knock down he was all over the place and very wobbly on his feet. As far as I'm concerned the fight should've been stopped there and then.

“We learned a long time ago that we should never subject ourselves to the schedules of the powerful. We had to follow our own calendar and impose it on those above.”
Goldenboy87
Executive Member

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2017, 08:28:23 AM »

Levels in Boxing. How many times have we seen it? Can't help but feel bad for Walsh. He's a wonderful fighter but just couldn't shine when his big chance came. Unfortunately for him, he came up against a superior talent.
Fair play to Davis. I've only seen his last two fights but he looks the part. A wonderful addition to a stacked Junior Lightweight division. Will be interesting to see just how far he can go.
Finally, I don't see how team Walsh can have any complaints with the stoppage. I totally agree with Steve Bunce. When Liam got up after the knock down he was all over the place and very wobbly on his feet. As far as I'm concerned the fight should've been stopped there and then.

Yeh have to agree, felt Davis would be to strong but even still that was impressive for a young fighter. Hopefully we see him in with the big names soon but sure Mayweather will keep building him up before that point.

Agree with stoppage, not sure how Woodhall felt that could continue unless he just wanted him to be completely sparked out.
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2017, 08:33:16 AM »

Did anyone catch Crawford he was clinical in his destruction of diaz .

I'd like to go watch him love at some point good good fighter
LiveFight
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2017, 08:33:16 AM »

Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2017, 08:38:32 AM »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9I0YYridsNM

Full fight (Crawford v Diaz)
mooreman
Executive Member

The Sandman

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2017, 11:29:41 AM »

Davis is very good. Seems extremely dedicated and switched on, a very likeable talent.

I cant see him sticking at the lower weights for long. He'll probably move straight up to LW next so a Lomanchenko fight will have to happen there.

I caught Crawford too, very very good fighter. People say he's fought nobody but that was an Olympic gold medalist he made look ordinary last night...

Boxing is back on an upward curve and its brilliant that we're getting a lot of these fights on our TVs again.
Scarface
Executive Member

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2017, 01:57:33 PM »

Did anyone catch Crawford he was clinical in his destruction of diaz .

I'd like to go watch him love at some point good good fighter

Yep faulks. Stayed up to watch it. Crawford is one spiteful boxer.

I can see crawford v spence being a superfight in the near future.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 08:06:18 PM by Scarface » Logged

You need people like me ... You need people like me so you can point your fokking finger and say hey, dats the bad guy.
wbamitch

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2017, 08:30:32 PM »

Was looking forward to both these fights over the weekend, two exceptional American talents against what was certainly solid contenders, particularly Diaz.

I thought Walsh would be able to compete with Davis for a bit before being overwhelmed but he just didn't get going, Davis exceptional speed and power along with that got the job done a lot more emphatically than I expected. Walsh can come back and probably compete at world level but Davis is a star in the making.

Crawford is a star, got up to watch up him against as i've mentioned against a good operator in Diaz, again I thought Diaz may have some success before Crawford would take over but he absolutely breezed it and really embarrassed Diaz in there, some super fights to be made for those too hopefully down the line, different styles but a joy to watch.
LiveFight

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: