LiveFight
October 19, 2017, 08:04:42 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Canelo Vs Chavez Jnr  (Read 854 times)
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« on: May 06, 2017, 03:43:22 PM »

Anyone staying up to watch this fight? I think it might be a lot closer than most people think.

A Slice of Life
LiveFight
« on: May 06, 2017, 03:43:22 PM »

ChicagoFightFan

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 03:55:56 PM »

A cousin called me about ordering it and said he'd pay half if I did the same. It's on PPV out here. Just couldn't justify buying a Chavez fight. 

Don't have a lot of personal interest in the fight but asked him to see if his buddies would chip in for the rest. He sent out a group text asking, "Who is going to be watching Canelo and Chavez?" Crickets chirped. Only response back was from my brother, "You and Chavez Sr."
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 04:02:30 PM »

A cousin called me about ordering it and said he'd pay half if I did the same. It's on PPV out here. Just couldn't justify buying a Chavez fight. 

Don't have a lot of personal interest in the fight but asked him to see if his buddies would chip in for the rest. He sent out a group text asking, "Who is going to be watching Canelo and Chavez?" Crickets chirped. Only response back was from my brother, "You and Chavez Sr."

Far enough bud I reckon this will be a better fight than most give it credit it for.

A Slice of Life
Scarface
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 05:20:57 PM »

I think I will stay up for this one.

When two Mexicans fight... it usually results in both fighters pushing themselves far more than they usually do.

This could be a War not to be missed.

You need people like me ... You need people like me so you can point your fokking finger and say hey, dats the bad guy.
Scarface
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2017, 04:19:46 AM »

What a stinker of a fight. Aweful.

When the best thing about a main event fight is when a future opponent makes a ring entrance during the post fight in-ring interview... you know things are a bit desperate.

GGG v Canelo on 16th September - Done Deal they say... (lets hope they are not bluffing)... though looks genuine this time.

If true... 2017 looks to be one of the best years in boxing in recent times.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 04:41:32 AM by Scarface » Logged

You need people like me ... You need people like me so you can point your fokking finger and say hey, dats the bad guy.
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2017, 04:19:46 AM »

Goldenboy87
Executive Member

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2017, 08:53:07 AM »

I think I will stay up for this one.

When two Mexicans fight... it usually results in both fighters pushing themselves far more than they usually do.

This could be a War not to be missed.

Glad I recorded it, had to fast forward through it after round 5. Clearly Chavez Jr. was just hanging on to the 12th round.

At least we have Canelo v GGG to finally look forward to in September.

Hopefully last we see of Chavez Jr. in a fight of that magnitude, just doesn't have it at that level.
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2017, 08:56:41 AM »

Awful fight really thought Chavez would make a go of it he didn't instead he was a walking punch bag.

Now looking forward to the 16th of Sept to watch GGG vs Canelo on present form I think Canelo might just win that.

A Slice of Life
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2017, 09:09:18 AM »

Chavez fought completely the wrong fight....he was never going to win on the backfoot, his chance was too come and put it on Alvarez, make him fight at a pace and try to drain him. Whether the weight making left Chavez empty I whether he was just technically never at the races....but he came out on the back foot and surely that can't have been the pre-fight tactics.

Golovkin is a completely different proposition though.....he could jab with Alvarez if he wanted too, but he'll obviously be looking to lay down some real hurt. Golovkin hasn't shone in recent fights, whilst Alvarez has looked good. But look at the opposition and circumstances.

Golovkin will stop Alvarez.
Kevan2
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Doctor will see you now

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2017, 09:30:31 AM »

Tried to stay awake, failed miserably, so downloaded it this morning.
Thank Phuck i had a fast forward..........watched the first 5 rounds then got bored and went to the end.
Canelo was on top form....Chavev jnr was terrible.

Looking forward to GGG vs Canelo.

I am shocked how so far this morning 3 - 4 people have said exactly the same........... and i never normaly fast forward through anything other than adverts.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 09:35:56 AM by Kevan2 » Logged

Dear Santa, this year i have been a very good boy, well, nearly all year, well to be honest, you can hardly call it good, oh phuck it, never mind, i\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ll buy my own shit!!
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2017, 10:09:54 AM »

Didn't watch. Won't watch.

JCC was not ever any good, and whatever little he had was spent a about 2-3 years ago.

He was boiling down using lasix and other banned substances to middle, then bullied his way to wins with his light-heavy size advantage.
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2017, 11:01:48 AM »

I thought Chavez fought the PERFECT fight...the perfect fight in order to survive and say he went 12 rounds
wbamitch

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2017, 01:54:50 PM »

I stayed up and stayed awake watching it live, Canelo is an excellent fighter and did enough good stuff against the walking punchbag to keep me awake. Chavez's chin has always impressed me, he probably had an ok 30 seconds if that offensively, was disappointing that when Canelo invited him in on the ropes that he threw nothing even then.

Really pleased with the fight announcement, as mentioned earlier, 2017 really has been a good year. It may just be the right time for the fight as well, the Jacobs fight definitely brings hope for Canelo in what many saw as a destruction not so long back. I'm quietly fancying him although I will watch that Jacobs fight back and make a prediction closer to the fight.

Good to see Matthyse back, think he may have 1 or 2 exciting fights for him to be involved in at welterweight.

Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2017, 08:54:02 AM »

I didn't watch it, have since and wasnt thrilled in the slightest.

I hope the fight goes ahead as planned September 16th.

I'm not the gingers biggest fan so hope GGG ko's him
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: