LiveFight
December 12, 2017, 07:31:09 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Joshua v Whyte  (Read 1419 times)
HurricaneHig
V.I.P
Executive Member

Any two will do?

« on: May 10, 2017, 01:46:54 PM »

Don't worry, it's not a post from 2015, this is actually happening.

https://www.boxingnewsandviews.com/2017/05/10/anthony-joshua-informs/

Anthony Joshua is a man in demand at the moment following his monumental win over Wladimir Klitschko that sold a staggering 90,000 tickets at Wembley stadium.
Everyone wants a piece of the heavyweight champion now and the likes of Deontay Wilder, Tyson Fury, Joseph Parker, a Klitschko rematch and many others have already been mentioned as possibilities.
It could be argued that Joshua following the win over Klitschko is now most likely the biggest star in world boxing. If he’s not, he could just be a close second to Canelo Alvarez in terms of star power.
Although the pay per view records he shattered in the UK for the Klitschko fight suggest that Joshua is already a bigger star than Canelo.
Certainly on a worldwide basis – as Joshua’s fights also drew big numbers in the US and in Germany.

Despite all the offers out there at the moment and possibilities of unification world title fights, Joshua wants one rematch more than any other.
Speaking to The Times, Joshua said he has told his promoter Eddie Hearn that he would like to fight old foe Dillian Whyte next up.
Joshua fought Whyte in December of 2015 and knocked him out cold via a brutal uppercut.
However the feelings between the two have seemed to continue on since the fight and Joshua, who lost to Whyte in the amateurs – clearly wants to make it 2-1 overall between amateur and pro.

Adversity and the 'big occasion' doesn't change a fighter - it only reveals them.
LiveFight
« on: May 10, 2017, 01:46:54 PM »

lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 08:33:58 PM »

Rather see Whyte get a Parker or Wilder fight and try and take possession of a strap first. It'd make an AJ rematch bigger business. Its not a bad fight now, but it would be really boosted if Whyte could take out Parker or Wilder and I'd give him a fair shout against either.
Bonters
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 06:21:21 AM »

Just seems to me to be a step backwards instead of forwards.  Ok, there aren't tooooo many huge fights out there for Joshua but WTF is the point of fighting somebody you already beat?  And in the recent past?  I'd certainly struggle to bother watching.
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 08:12:00 AM »

I can see the thinking behind this seeing as Whyte gave Josh a bit of trouble in the last fight and he might want to put the record straight. Also, there's, Parker, Wilder and Fury out there as the only real challenges. Line all of them up back to back and what is there after that, where does the money come from?

Although surely he would have to face his IBF mandatory? Fury was stripped after 10 minutes of winning he belt. Joshua hasn't fought one yet has he?
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2017, 09:32:03 AM »

It's hard to see what Whyte would bring to the table here aside from more manufactured 'beef'.  He hadn't beaten anyone of note before their fist fight and hasn't beaten anyone of note since.
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2017, 09:32:03 AM »

Scarface
Executive Member

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2017, 11:04:04 AM »

Surely this is a rematch when Whyte elevates himself against others in the division. Particularly others outside of the UK Heavyweight scene.

It will be a far tastier prospect in the future... but not right now.

You need people like me ... You need people like me so you can point your fokking finger and say hey, dats the bad guy.
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2017, 02:48:46 PM »

Meaningless.
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2017, 08:08:50 AM »

Meaningless.

Agreed...it's only meaningful for AJ's ego...he's said that he takes that fight as a loss because het got hurt in that fight
Goldenboy87
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2017, 10:55:32 AM »

Meaningless.

Exactly my thoughts, not against seeing the rematch in the future but he needs to earn i.

I know it was a close fight but thought Chisora beat Whyte and if he is struggling against Chisora then clearly shows he is not that level.

Klitschko, Wilder, Fury or Parker are the fights.
bigbibbs

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2017, 12:06:55 PM »

I fear that right now AJ is going to take an easy run of fights before he steps up again.

Although he won, and went up in my estimations, he took a great knockdown and looked lost for the most part.

Is will to win and power got him out along with finding for the first time his second wind.

Against a younger braver (come forward) fighter he might have been spent after a knockdown or hurtful shot.

I cannot see him going into a fight with someone else who poses that much risk too soon.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2017, 12:15:32 PM »

Whyte is out of his fight against Wach postponed to injury.  So either a rematch with AJ on the cards or it has sold about 1000 tickets at the o2.
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2017, 12:52:46 PM »

Whyte is out of his fight against Wach postponed to injury.  So either a rematch with AJ on the cards or it has sold about 1000 tickets at the o2.
I would guess it hasn't sold. I can't believe they even contemplated the o2 with this as the headliner

I actually think AJ will take either Klitschko, Pulev, Parker & Ortiz next. I think his opposition will definitely be better than what it was pre Wlad
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2017, 12:59:36 PM »

I would guess it hasn't sold. I can't believe they even contemplated the o2 with this as the headliner

I actually think AJ will take either Klitschko, Pulev, Parker & Ortiz next. I think his opposition will definitely be better than what it was pre Wlad

It always seemed ridiculous.  Even Wembley Arena wouldn't have been half full. 

It looks like we'll get Parker v Bellew next so I think AJ's next fight will either be Wlad or Pulev.  Even though Ortiz hasn't exactly looked great lately, I don't think Eddie would fancy it unless he had to and fulfilling the IBF mandatory as the belt he first won would be a fairly easy get out of defending against the WBA mandatory.
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2017, 01:03:05 PM »

Whyte headlining the O2  Grin

Even southerners aint that daft
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: