LiveFight
October 19, 2017, 07:47:20 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Errol Spence laughs off Jeff Lacy comparisons by Brook  (Read 548 times)
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« on: May 16, 2017, 07:48:38 AM »

Errol Spence Laughs at Jeff Lacy Comparisons From Team Brook

Unbeaten welterweight contender Errol Spence (21-0, 18 KOs) has laughed off some of the verbal jabs being fired by IBF welterweight champion Kell Brook and his team members.

Spence, the mandatory challenger under the IBF, will finally get his chance to capture a world title - with the contest taking place in very hostile territory.
Brook (36-1, 25 KOs) vs. Spence takes place on May 27th in the champion's home venue, at Bramall Lane in Sheffield. Showtime will televise the fight in the United States and Sky Sports Box Office will handle things in the UK.

There have been comparisons made, from the other side, that Spence could suffer the same fate as another United States Olympian who came over to the UK more than a decade ago, Jeff Lacy.

In 2006, Lacy was undefeated and viewed as the next big thing - but he was dominated by huge underdog Joe Calzaghe.
Spence is not bothered by any of the negative comments being made about him.

ďJust how Iím built. Iím a guy whoís never too high, never too low, Iím right in the middle. Not a lot of stuff excites me, not a lot of stuff gets me going. I see a lot of stuff, Errol Spence is going to be this or he canít do this, heís Jeff Lacy. It doesnít get to me. Iím never too high, never too low, thatís my motto, just right in the middle," Spence said.

ďEveryone got an opinion, thatís their opinion at the end of the day. I know what Iím capable of, I know I can fight, I know who I am, Iím not worried about what another person says about me at all."

Spence is going to switch a few things up for this fight. He plans to show some new moves from his arsenal.

ďThere are a couple of things Iím going to do that people arenít expecting. A lot of times in my fights there are a lot of things I donít have to do or donít have to show, because I donít have to. Thereís a lot of things I do in sparring that I donít show in the ring because I donít have to do it," Spence said.

"There are a lot of different things I am going to show, Iím going to use. There are certain things we work on for him, but we are basically working on ourselves, trying to correct everything weíre doing wrong."

- See more at: http://www.boxingscene.com/errol-spence-laughs-jeff-lacy-comparisons-from-team-brook--116617#sthash.tUOWKsyi.dpuf
LiveFight
« on: May 16, 2017, 07:48:38 AM »

Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 04:52:35 PM »

Its this PPV ? if so and ideas of costs?

A Slice of Life
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 05:10:51 PM »

Definitely PPV not sure exactly but it will be between £18-£20 I'd imagine as they have all been recently.
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 08:34:28 PM »

Its this PPV ? if so and ideas of costs?

£16.95
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 03:53:27 AM »

£16.95

Fancy someone hacking the NHS when they could hack things like this and get everyone the fight for free and hugely piss off hearn.

Team Groves
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 03:53:27 AM »

Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 07:28:02 AM »

I actually think this is a better fight than the Wembley fight.

It's a true battle of two guys at their best right now at the weight.
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2017, 08:50:15 AM »

I actually think this is a better fight than the Wembley fight.

It's a true battle of two guys at their best right now at the weight.

Agree.. The casuals wont lap it up hence the price tag
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: