LiveFight
October 21, 2017, 08:30:06 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spence using Khan's gym ahead of Kell Brook fight  (Read 584 times)
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« on: May 17, 2017, 05:06:31 PM »

Errol Spence has set up camp in Amir Khan’s gym in Bolton as he prepares to challenge Kell Brook for the IBF World Welterweight title on May 27 at Bramall Lane in Sheffield, live on Sky Sports.

Spence touched down in Manchester on Monday as he looks to rip the crown from the Sheffield ace in his backyard, and the unbeaten mandatory challenger will sharpen his tools in the Bolton training base of Brook’s bitter rival, Amir Khan.

Brook is finalising preparations for the fourth defence of his crown in Fuerteventura in the Canary Islands and says that there is nothing that the challenger can do to prevent him cementing his spot as the number one Welterweight in the world at the home of Sheffield United.

“That’s Amir Khan through and through,” said Brook. “He would love to see me lose this fight so he doesn’t have to fight me but that’s not going to happen.

“He can lend Errol his gym but he can’t save him on May 27 and the only thing on my mind is the fight.

“The fans know what I’m about. I’ve gone from moving up to Middleweight to fight Gennady Golovkin to coming back down to face one of the most dangerous Welterweights out there. All I want to do is give the fans what they want – that’s what they deserve.”

Brook’s clash with Spence tops a huge night of action in the steel city where George Groves faces Fedor Chudinov for the vacant WBA World Super-Middleweight title.

Jamie Cox meets Lewis Taylor for the WBA Inter-Continental Super-Middleweight title on his Matchroom Boxing debut while Dave Allen takes on with Lenroy Thomas for the vacant Commonwealth Heavyweight title.
LiveFight
« on: May 17, 2017, 05:06:31 PM »

HurricaneHig
V.I.P
Executive Member

Any two will do?

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 08:38:09 AM »

Khan really is pathetic!

Very tough night for Brook here, really hope he comes through victorious.

I felt sorry for him after the Golovkin fight,

Adversity and the 'big occasion' doesn't change a fighter - it only reveals them.
bigbibbs

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 11:48:55 AM »

Brook needs this fight to get him the big money and headlines.

But very tough and one which could go the wrong way.  But if your good and you think your great you have to prove it.

As for Khan this is just a kick in the nuts to Brook.  Khan has made a living out of getting beat up.
Scarface
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 05:44:32 PM »

Khan is onto a lose-lose in my opinion.

Brook loses then good bye huge cash out fight.

Brook wins... Khan becomes the B-side. As the US media would be screaming for a Brook v Thurman unification. Nobody in the US expects brook to beat spence. This could be a huge victory.

You need people like me ... You need people like me so you can point your fokking finger and say hey, dats the bad guy.
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 06:57:31 PM »

I was watching a lot of Brook this week training I didn't think he looked overly sharp in all honesty in fact I thought he looked a bit at sixes and sevens, well as much as you can on video clips.

I don't think he's a welterweight now he was doing push ups in a recent video and his head looks huge compared to the rest of him. I am going to take Spence to stop Brook in fairly brutal fashion. I can't think of many fighters who have been fairly successful after moving up in weight being beaten then moving back down to there natural weight if Brook pulls this off its a massive win.

A Slice of Life
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 06:57:31 PM »

Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 07:12:56 PM »

Spence is no bum, i remember watching him at the Olympics and his pro-style was his undoing in my opinion.

Tough night for Brook !
Goldenboy87
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2017, 08:53:31 AM »

Spence is no bum, i remember watching him at the Olympics and his pro-style was his undoing in my opinion.

Tough night for Brook !

Just been watching some Spence clips as really have not see to much of him, more just heard a lot of hype.

Certainly looks a top fighter to me, and listening to a lot of American pros and pundits they are all leaning towards Spence and seem very confident. Have seen the likes of Kevin Kelley, Demetrius Andrade and Abel Sanchez pick Kell to have to much experience.

Definitely think the fact Kell is fighting at home will help but will have to see if Kell has recovered from GGG but sure they wouldn't put him in there if they weren't confident.
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2017, 08:46:39 PM »

I really hope brook does it straight back in it after the mauling he got .

But I'm going for spence unless the matchroom judges rob him
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: