LiveFight
October 22, 2017, 09:49:12 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Josh Taylor v Ohara Davies  (Read 2274 times)
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2017, 01:17:46 PM »

Still annoys me this happened to you its disgusting behaviour and not indicative of the people of Scotland.

Do you live in an affluent area of Edinburgh ? Or perhaps a have your own castle up in the highlands ?

The vast majority of everyday Scots (imo) don't like the English .

Why would they? It's like looking at your big brother who has everything 😘
LiveFight
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2017, 01:17:46 PM »

lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2017, 02:00:23 PM »

It was a strange fight......clearly Davies came out with the wrong attitude and was just looking to load up the right hand and whack Taylor out. There was no set up, its great to believe in your power, but not to the point where you forget everything else.

Then he found himself on the floor fairly early which left him playing catch up.

Having said that it actually seemed like he was getting his head on the job and starting to make some inroads in the last couple of rounds. He was starting to use the jab and Taylor wasn't enjoying the increasing pressure. The finishing KD came against the flow to a degree and just when Davies was building up a head of steam he got whacked. Mentally as much as physically it crushed him. 

I do think he can come again given his post fight comments and in all fairness if he learns the lessons from this fight he'll be better for it. He forgot the basics, came in with a lack of respect and came a cropper. He can improve from this.

Taylor is a solid operator, good all rounder, but I don't think he's the star the McGuigan's think he is and I find it hard to take to him. Something about him I don't like. But we'll see.

Sidenote I thought Alex Arthur was poor with his commentary, not in the slightest bit impartial. He was cheerleading for Taylor throughout and only talking about the fight from a Taylor fans perspective. He's obviously worked with Taylor before and they've got a good relationship, so perhaps its hard to ask him to not show bias....but I think given that he was a bad choice by channel 5 as co commentator for this particular fight.
Alba
Executive Member

"For what is a man,What has he got ?"

@Albagary
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2017, 02:41:30 PM »

Do you live in an affluent area of Edinburgh ? Or perhaps a have your own castle up in the highlands ?

The vast majority of everyday Scots (imo) don't like the English .

Why would they? It's like looking at your big brother who has everything 😘

Your forgetting we gave RUK Gordon Brown
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2017, 05:19:50 PM »

It was a strange fight......clearly Davies came out with the wrong attitude and was just looking to load up the right hand and whack Taylor out. There was no set up, its great to believe in your power, but not to the point where you forget everything else.

Then he found himself on the floor fairly early which left him playing catch up.

Having said that it actually seemed like he was getting his head on the job and starting to make some inroads in the last couple of rounds. He was starting to use the jab and Taylor wasn't enjoying the increasing pressure. The finishing KD came against the flow to a degree and just when Davies was building up a head of steam he got whacked. Mentally as much as physically it crushed him. 

I do think he can come again given his post fight comments and in all fairness if he learns the lessons from this fight he'll be better for it. He forgot the basics, came in with a lack of respect and came a cropper. He can improve from this.

Taylor is a solid operator, good all rounder, but I don't think he's the star the McGuigan's think he is and I find it hard to take to him. Something about him I don't like. But we'll see.

Sidenote I thought Alex Arthur was poor with his commentary, not in the slightest bit impartial. He was cheerleading for Taylor throughout and only talking about the fight from a Taylor fans perspective. He's obviously worked with Taylor before and they've got a good relationship, so perhaps its hard to ask him to not show bias....but I think given that he was a bad choice by channel 5 as co commentator for this particular fight.

I have watched Taylor since the amateurs and tipped him on here to be a star at the 2012 olympics. He's a talent and I honestly believe he'll go to the very top and win a World title he can actually box a lot better than he did last night. I think now your starting to see his power develop he's beginning to hurt opponents a lot more and there is a lot more to come from him.

A Slice of Life
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2017, 05:36:01 PM »

I have watched Taylor since the amateurs and tipped him on here to be a star at the 2012 olympics. He's a talent and I honestly believe he'll go to the very top and win a World title he can actually box a lot better than he did last night. I think now your starting to see his power develop he's beginning to hurt opponents a lot more and there is a lot more to come from him.

Hopefully so......the more British talent the better for me. I was impressed by his work in the pocket where he'd deflect and take the sting out of Davies punches and counter. And beating Davies certainly counts for something cus Ohara can certainly punch and is very awkward. I'm just a little disappointed that Davies didn't afford Taylor the necessary respect going in. I think he could have put forth a better effort and we'd have gotten a better fight.
LiveFight
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2017, 05:36:01 PM »

Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2017, 06:44:14 PM »

Hopefully so......the more British talent the better for me. I was impressed by his work in the pocket where he'd deflect and take the sting out of Davies punches and counter. And beating Davies certainly counts for something cus Ohara can certainly punch and is very awkward. I'm just a little disappointed that Davies didn't afford Taylor the necessary respect going in. I think he could have put forth a better effort and we'd have gotten a better fight.

Your right he tucked his elbows in and deflected a lot of body blows Davis attempted and came back with heavy counters. I think Davis was taken aback by his physical strength and the sting in his shots. He hit Davis with some cracking body punches of his own. The ending was a little surprising was surprised to see Davis turn his back, he looked beat when he was sitting on the canvas.

A Slice of Life
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2017, 06:44:38 PM »

Your forgetting we gave RUK Gordon Brown

Thanks for that :-)

Did you meet jaime ? He was up for it
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2017, 06:49:59 PM »

I went the Mitchell fight mate... you're glad you missed it. Blokes spitting at us from the stands above and throwing piss at people leaving. Wouldn't have done your impression of the scots much good.😀

Me and jaimie went the burns Mitchell fight and had no bother, that being said they probably thought I was out with my son  Grin.

Anyway for what it's worth Glasgow back then was a good trip but whoever was doing that to you is scum, not Scottish or British.

Team Groves
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2017, 09:02:02 PM »

Your right he tucked his elbows in and deflected a lot of body blows Davis attempted and came back with heavy counters. I think Davis was taken aback by his physical strength and the sting in his shots. He hit Davis with some cracking body punches of his own. The ending was a little surprising was surprised to see Davis turn his back, he looked beat when he was sitting on the canvas.

I think he was more mentally disillusioned than physically wrecked. He'd worked hard to work his way back into contention in the fight and had seemed to be starting to get at and bother Taylor, then finds himself on his arse again and put back into a hole. At that point he gave it up as a lost cause. Obviously not a good look for a boxer to go out like that.
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2017, 07:26:53 AM »

Alex Arthur is really bias against Brits full stop.

I remember when he soundly lost to Nicky Cook. Afterwards he was saying Nicky was a good boxer, how him and their wives were going to go for a meal etc and all manner of odd remarks.

Next thing he gets home, says the English judges robbed him and all sorts of stuff. Very odd, almost delusional that he thought that because he was Scottish he got jobbed ?

My nan was born in Cavan then raised in Glasogow, so I've a fair few cousins both in Ireland & Scotland and have been up a few times.

In the 90's I had to install a few systems in a new Burger King up Paisley Park near airport. I was gonna stay with family but got a B&B and it was the longest spell on site I can ever remember. Nobody would talk to me and my workmate. Some of our cables got deliberately cut by the other Scottish lads on site.

One guy said "dont drink the coffee" and walked off, then 5 minutes later this other guy came over and said "hey lads, do you both want a coffee?" and we said no we were cool. That was literally the only thing they said to us all week pretty much. At best it would have had spit & piss in it, but could have had LSD or anything in it  Grin
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 07:28:40 AM by Red » Logged
Kevan2
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Doctor will see you now

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2017, 11:50:52 AM »

I thought the show was poor in its coverage.
Cant believe Davies Quit and there has been very little said about it.
Well done Josh,

Dear Santa, this year i have been a very good boy, well, nearly all year, well to be honest, you can hardly call it good, oh phuck it, never mind, i\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ll buy my own shit!!
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2017, 11:56:13 AM »

I thought the show was poor in its coverage.
Cant believe Davies Quit and there has been very little said about it.
Well done Josh,
Read the report on skysports.com. That is an interesting read!
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2017, 12:01:31 PM »

Read the report on skysports.com. That is an interesting read!

Can you post that up i couldnt find it
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2017, 01:04:52 PM »

Alex Arthur is really bias against Brits full stop.

I remember when he soundly lost to Nicky Cook. Afterwards he was saying Nicky was a good boxer, how him and their wives were going to go for a meal etc and all manner of odd remarks.

Next thing he gets home, says the English judges robbed him and all sorts of stuff. Very odd, almost delusional that he thought that because he was Scottish he got jobbed ?

My nan was born in Cavan then raised in Glasogow, so I've a fair few cousins both in Ireland & Scotland and have been up a few times.

In the 90's I had to install a few systems in a new Burger King up Paisley Park near airport. I was gonna stay with family but got a B&B and it was the longest spell on site I can ever remember. Nobody would talk to me and my workmate. Some of our cables got deliberately cut by the other Scottish lads on site.

One guy said "dont drink the coffee" and walked off, then 5 minutes later this other guy came over and said "hey lads, do you both want a coffee?" and we said no we were cool. That was literally the only thing they said to us all week pretty much. At best it would have had spit & piss in it, but could have had LSD or anything in it  Grin

Sounds like some of them are still a bit 'braveheart' about us....lol....Arthur sounds like a full on 'Sturgeon'  Grin
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2017, 01:09:26 PM »

Can you post that up i couldnt find it

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/10942170/josh-taylor-stops-ohara-davies-to-claim-wbc-silver-super-lightweight-title
LiveFight

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: