LiveFight
October 21, 2017, 02:05:57 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Direll vs Uzcategui  (Read 860 times)
ChicagoFightFan

« on: May 21, 2017, 09:09:34 AM »

F*cking disgrace.

Early on, Direll showed resilience after being down. I was impressed that he was starting to come back into the fight and was starting to establish himself. Then, a completely run of the mill -- at the time of the bell-- shot lands and he drops like a sack of shit. Have watched it back and the bell literally rings while his opponent was in mid swing.

He then starts rolling around on around the ground and speaking to someone outside of the ring. Then, lays flat on his back as doctor's rush into him. It is ruled an illegal shot and then shortly there after, his corner man sucker punches Uzcategui. To his credit, guy didn't even blink but criminal charges should be filed. F*cking coward's move.

My brother was in town and we watched the fight together. We both loved Dirrell's look against Froch and though he won. Something we have vehemently  defended. After the whole debacle, he just walked away --not even wanting to see the main event-- and just said that the corner man should be in jail and thant the Dirrell's have no place in boxing. It's a pitiful act to be connected to.

Bitter pill to swallow, but I agree. Not proud to say they are my countrymen.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 03:58:13 PM by ChicagoFightFan » Logged
LiveFight
« on: May 21, 2017, 09:09:34 AM »

The_Answer
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 09:55:54 AM »

F*cking disgrace.

Early on, Direll showed resilience after being down. I was impressed that he was starting to come back into the fight and was starting to establish himself. Then, a completely run of the mill -- at the time of the bell-- shot lands and he drops like a sack of shit. Have watched it back and the bell literally rings while his opponent was in mid swing.

He then starts rolling around on around the ground and speaking to someone outside of the ring. Then, lays flat on his back as doctor's rush into him. It is ruled an illegal shot and then shortly there after, his corner man sucker punches Uzcategui. To his credit, guy didn't even blink but criminal charges should be filed. F*cking coward's move.

My brother was in town and we watched the fight together. We both loved Dirrell's look against Froch and though he won. Something we have vehemently  defended. After the whole debacle, he just walked away --not even wanting to see the main event-- and just said that the corner man should be in jail and thant the Dirrell's have no place in boxing. It's a pitiful act to be connected to.

He did a similar thing against Arthur Abraham if I remember rightly, looking for a way out. Abraham clearly through a shot while he was down in the heat of the moment, but the way he playacted to get him DQ'd was cowardly to say the least.

Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 09:59:07 AM »

F*cking disgrace.

I can't decide how hurt Dirrell was as he has previous....if I had to guess I'd say he could have continued with a point deduction to Uzcategui.

Dirrell uncle I believe has been brought up on charges already and I'd guess he will also have no further involvement in the pro game.
Goldenboy87
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 10:06:49 AM »

I thought the same that it seemed one of them shots that was already on its way as the bell rung, the commentating seemed to suggest (only seen it one time) that it was way after the bell which just didn't seem to be case to me.

The incident afterwards was just an utter disgrace.
Chris
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 02:07:58 PM »

I'd read blows were landed after the bell, but after watching it that's nonsense, might be half a second late but was nothing unusual.

He should be charged with assault for sure.
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 02:07:58 PM »

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2017, 05:21:36 PM »

I think Dirrell's character is clear for all to see now. He had the opportunity to redeem himself somewhat after what happened against Abraham but chose to go down the exact same road. I'm not particularly a Callum Smith fan but I hope he irons Anthony out. But mostly I hope his coward of an uncle does some serious time.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2017, 05:37:31 PM »

Having been out most of the day and just sat down and scrolled through twitter, there are a few American fighters looking like classless scum today. Shields and Jack very poor from what I've seen.
tweetstreet
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2017, 06:32:51 PM »

What have they been saying?
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2017, 07:00:00 PM »

Shields is just a bit job going off all over the show trying to justify it. Jack called DeGale a faggot which there is just no call for whilst forgetting it was him that legged it to 175 to avoid a rematch.
glenn_user
Executive Member

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2017, 08:10:56 PM »

another note from dr shaw hi on the way?
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2017, 08:48:26 PM »

If a football player goes in for a tackle then he can't pull out.

It was a combo and started before the bell wasn't a DQ imo.

Stay down stay down his corner shouted . Disgraceful
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2017, 10:38:10 PM »

Dirrell's uncle can't punch for shit. 5 stove heavier, free shot... still didn't move him. He should be locked up for that alone. The lot of them are spineless twats.
He would have been stopped and wanted a way out, his corner urged him to stay down...
wbamitch

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2017, 08:25:32 PM »

Real strange one, waiting for the full fight to come up on Youtube. Think this will be Dirrell last hoorah if you can call it that.
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2017, 06:02:25 AM »

Lawson now ranked in top 10 of WBO.
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: