LiveFight
October 19, 2017, 12:37:42 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: US Boxing  (Read 657 times)
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« on: May 30, 2017, 09:10:01 AM »

Despite Hearn's boasts about British boxing being on top on the World the last couple of weeks have shown the Americans are certainly on their way back to the top of the sport.

Gervonta Davis looks a star in the making
Errol Spence the same
Bud Crawford looks like he is P$P top 5 now
Add this to the likes of Keith Thurman, Gary Russell Jnr, Andre Ward, Deontay Wilder, Mikey Garcia with titles and the likes of Danny Garcia, Daniel Jacobs, the Dirrell's, Charlo, Shawn Porter as contenders. It looks like the Americans are making a comeback to the top table which can only be good for boxing
LiveFight
« on: May 30, 2017, 09:10:01 AM »

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 09:25:34 AM »

I think the problem is that American  fighters seem to be awfully promoted nowadays and they aren't producing any stars.  Too many of them are far too inactive and when they do fight, it seems like tickets haven't shifted.

Davis and Spence do have potential star quality if managed and prompted correctly but in all honesty, almost every other name you mention would require them to be fighting someone who's a draw for me to have any real interest in them. 
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 01:53:48 PM »

Crawford is the future P4p number one, Spence is up there as well as davis in time.

Hearns promoted the Brits well and they might have belts but half of them aint really the best in the world. We all know that.....

Kudos to Hearn for putting them min that position mind
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 02:47:37 PM »

Crawford is the future P4p number one, Spence is up there as well as davis in time.

Hearns promoted the Brits well and they might have belts but half of them aint really the best in the world. We all know that.....

Kudos to Hearn for putting them min that position mind
I agree. The fact he has got Paul Smith another world title shot says it all - good and bad about Hearn

Just the last couple of weeks with the Americans coming over here and winning well with a lot of hype gets me thinking boxing may be about to take off over there again which can only be good for the sport
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2017, 02:57:16 PM »

I agree. The fact he has got Paul Smith another world title shot says it all - good and bad about Hearn

Just the last couple of weeks with the Americans coming over here and winning well with a lot of hype gets me thinking boxing may be about to take off over there again which can only be good for the sport

As pointed out previously I do feel that boxing in the States has been killed by Haymon, His business model hasnt worked.

His fighters got paid well from what i can gather but i read somewhere they lost 400 mill in no time.

& yes good example Smith  Grin 
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2017, 02:57:16 PM »

motoriser
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2017, 06:09:53 PM »

America is still caught up in a Political hang over.They prefer Russian fighters to their own AA fighters.
But once their Hope List shrinks to the Ground,they might get back to supporting their AA fighters.Right now they are sweating on Kkkovalelev to beat Ward in the rematch,then  Lomancheko to destroy Tank Davis,then for the Silver Medalist Shakur Stevenson to be rushed into Lomancheko crash landing.Its what the Powers that be wish to happen States side.
But the script will be Derailed coz the Coincidental List is too long for them to get their wish.
Anyways stepping away from Politics,Boxing is having a Great Revival and the Brits have kick started it,the Yanks are behind the curve but slowly gaining some lost Ground despite their self inflicted Political confusion.

Southern Storm
mooreman
Executive Member

The Sandman

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2017, 06:17:16 PM »

America is still caught up in a Political hang over.They prefer Russian fighters to their own AA fighters.
But once their Hope List shrinks to the Ground,they might get back to supporting their AA fighters.Right now they are sweating on Kkkovalelev to beat Ward in the rematch,then  Lomancheko to destroy Tank Davis,then for the Silver Medalist Shakur Stevenson to be rushed into Lomancheko crash landing.Its what the Powers that be wish to happen States side.
But the script will be Derailed coz the Coincidental List is too long for them to get their wish.
Anyways stepping away from Politics,Boxing is having a Great Revival and the Brits have kick started it,the Yanks are behind the curve but slowly gaining some lost Ground despite their self inflicted Political confusion.

I've never seen so much rubbish packed into 7 lines before. Congrats man.
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: