LiveFight
October 17, 2017, 06:42:22 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eubank Jr vs Arthur Abraham - Wembley Arena July 15th  (Read 1336 times)
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« on: June 05, 2017, 02:29:14 PM »

Chris Eubank Jr is due for a step up in class when he fights former two-weight world champion Arthur Abraham at Wembley Arena on July 15.

Eubank Jr was criticised for fighting little-known Australian Renold Quinlan after turning down an offer to challenge world middleweight No. 1 Gennady Golovkin in September last year, and then a chance to face fellow Briton Billy Joe Saunders in a rematch.

But Abraham will be Eubank's highest profile opponent since Saunders and the fight will be officially announced on Tuesday, spam understands.

Hove-based Eubank (24-1, 19 KOs), 27, is expected to defend his fringe IBO super middleweight belt against Abraham (46-5, 30 KOs) with the fight screened live on ITV Box Office in the UK.

Abraham, 37, has agreed to travel to the UK for the first time as he aims to revive his career after losing the WBO world super middleweight title to Gilberto Ramirez in a wide points defeat in Las Vegas 14 months ago.

Armenia-born Abraham, who has lived in Germany since a teenager, has won two fights -- against Robin Krasniqi (UD PTS) and Tim Robin Lihaug (TKO Cool -- since losing to Ramirez and has a good record against British boxers, with five wins and one defeat (to Carl Froch on points in 2010).

Since 2014, Abraham has earned points decisions over Martin Murray and Paul Smith (twice) in WBO title defences.

Eubank, whose dad Chris Sr was world super middleweight and middleweight champion in the 1990s, has registered six stoppage wins since losing a split decision to Saunders -- now WBO middleweight champion -- in November 2014. He stepped up to super middleweight to stop Quinlan in the tenth round for the IBO belt.
LiveFight
« on: June 05, 2017, 02:29:14 PM »

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 03:03:50 PM »

Not a bad fight but I don't think it will be a good one for Abraham style-wise.  I can't see his covering up and trying to work for the last 30 seconds of each round being successful against Eubank.  I see Abraham losing every round like he did against Ramirez.
Scarface
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 03:11:35 PM »

Easy work for Eubank Jr... a name to add to the resume none-the-less.

You need people like me ... You need people like me so you can point your fokking finger and say hey, dats the bad guy.
Kevan2
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Doctor will see you now

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 04:40:48 PM »

I young whipper snapper against lazy old timer. Comfortable win for Jnr i feel. Abraham lost a lot of the fights he won, if that makes sense.... dodgy scoring and always in germany saw him through some sticky situations. I mean
!!  Paul Smith won his first fight against him but never got the nod.

Dear Santa, this year i have been a very good boy, well, nearly all year, well to be honest, you can hardly call it good, oh phuck it, never mind, i\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ll buy my own shit!!
Tuco
Executive Member

'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.' Tuco

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 09:43:20 PM »

Good fight. AA is a name and the right fight for Eubank at this stage of his career.
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 09:43:20 PM »

Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2017, 05:14:13 AM »

Finally a decent name Eubanks will beat him easily as AA was never that good and is slow as F*ck
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2017, 08:08:54 AM »

I remember Abraham showing off his Ferrari during one of the first Super 6 behind the scenes documentaries.

That was in 2009.

So nowadays 8 years on, he's just chasing the dollar not the glory imo.
Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2017, 09:12:39 AM »

This is the kind of fight Eubank should have had before getting anywhere near a world title (however minor his current belt is), but nonetheless is it a step up from Renold Quinlan? Yes. So it's a decent fight for him and hopefully the start of a meaningful assault on the world scene so we can all finally see if this guy is as good as he thinks he is.
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2017, 09:16:28 AM »

I might throw a dodgy tenner on Abraham. The guy can punch and however faded is still the most proven fighter Eubank has faced.

His work rate is garbage we know but those 30 seconds or so he does punch back he punches hard. Let's see how fit Eubank is with a guy hitting him back and hard.

Team Groves
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2017, 01:52:41 PM »

I agree that this should be easy work for Eubank, but I'm quite surprised that they were able to attract such a well-known name to fight...i was expecting another no-name in all honesty...

ITV must have done ok out of the Quinlan fight and this fight will probably do twice as well as whatever the Quinlan fight did...

Hearn seemed a bit pissed off when he was talking about the fight in an IFL interview so the Eubanks must be doing something right...

I give AA a puncher's chance only...a good name on Eubank's resume nonetheless...
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: